• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Hello so I have a couple of questions about HGSS Golden Edition.

1. Is this rom hack compatible with DS flash carts such as the R4 cards?

2. Is HGSS Golden Edition compatible with trading and battling with the original HGSS and the other gen 4 DS games (Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum) without any issues?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    My first hack. A small hack of HGSS that mostly contains Quality of life and Aesthetic changes. I made this with the idea of replacing the Original HGSS games as it contains a few things that SHOULD have been in the originals.

Feel free to use these as a base for your rom hacks but give credit pls :P

UPDATED UPDATED 02/5/2021

Can I play this in Spanish somehow? Applying to the rom in Spanish perhaps? Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    I have another question, I have been using different editors to change the team of Pokémon trainers.
    Why do changes work on some trainers and not on others? For example the Rival doesn't change his Pokémon team when I make changes with a editor, but the Gym leaders do.
    It also happens to me in the HeartGold base Rom.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    If this hack were available for USA, Japanese and korean versions it would be a hit also other European versions

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    NOTE: A separate patch is included with the file:
    - A patch that change the level curves throughout the game to be more streamlined.

How do I go on about installing the second patch? I tried installing the second patch to the newly patched game but got an error

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    have the gym leaders been updated at all? johto has some of the worse gym leader teams

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2022
    Magmar is probably busy, hasn't commented in a while, but just came here to report that the shiny Gengar follower sprite is white.

T̶o̶ t̶r̶y̶ t̶o̶ r̶e̶p̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶e̶:̶
    U̶s̶e̶d̶ a̶n̶ u̶n̶p̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ H̶G̶ s̶a̶v̶e̶ o̶n̶ a̶ p̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ (̶E̶)̶ (̶v̶1̶0̶)̶ R̶O̶M̶. N̶o̶t̶ c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶, s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ o̶u̶t̶d̶o̶o̶r̶s̶ i̶t̶ a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ f̶i̶n̶e̶, l̶i̶k̶e̶ i̶n̶ V̶i̶c̶o̶t̶r̶y̶ R̶o̶a̶d̶ o̶u̶t̶d̶o̶o̶r̶s̶, b̶u̶t̶ i̶n̶ N̶e̶w̶ B̶a̶r̶k̶ o̶u̶t̶d̶o̶o̶r̶s̶ i̶t̶'s̶ w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶. (̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'t̶ t̶e̶s̶t̶ f̶o̶r̶ v̶e̶r̶y̶ l̶o̶n̶g̶ t̶b̶h̶)̶.

EDIT: Just realized it's probably the Gigantamax white gengar shenanigans being included, though this does make it VERY inconsistent with the in-battle and summary sprites.

EDIT 2: DIY Tinke and BTX editing the OG sprites back into the rom does not work and that makes me very sad :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Recently started a nuzlocke with this ROM, and saw the image with the gym leaders' teams. Unfortunately, starting with Morty the levels for the gym leaders' mons are a bit lower than what's in that image, so I edited the image to reflect the levels I encountered. I haven't done the Elite Four yet, but I'll update with their levels. I don't know if this issue is intentional or not. Other than that, having a great time :)

Spoiler:

EDIT: Just beat the E4 and Lance. These are their levels (+10 levels compared to base game, unless I missed something) and a couple notes on move sets.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Recently started a nuzlocke with this ROM, and saw the image with the gym leaders' teams. Unfortunately, starting with Morty the levels for the gym leaders' mons are a bit lower than what's in that image, so I edited the image to reflect the levels I encountered. I haven't done the Elite Four yet, but I'll update with their levels. I don't know if this issue is intentional or not. Other than that, having a great time :)

Spoiler:

EDIT: Just beat the E4 and Lance. These are their levels (+10 levels compared to base game, unless I missed something) and a couple notes on move sets.

Spoiler:

Yeah those images are out of date, I forgot about them. I have made new ones since then and all those changes to the elite 4 are intentional for the level curve fix.

Gym Leaders:
    Spoiler:

TR Executives:
    Spoiler:

E4:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Found a weird bug involving the Voltorb Machines from the Goldenrod and Celadon Game corners; if you interact with one while having no coins whatsoever, your following pokemon will remain frozen in place up until you either talk to one of the NPCs, talk to the pokemon, or just leave the area.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow...I never noticed that, good catch!

I will have it fixed for the next update. Dont worry it should be harmless though a bit funny.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    Hi, the qol in HGSS Golden Edition is all very good!!! But i have one question: Is it possible to catch all 493 Pokémon (Screenshot showing all 493 acquired)? If not, can you make at least 251 obtainable?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Found a few dialogue-related oversights:

* After defeating Falkner, he still says TMs can be used once even though that's no longer the case.
    * In the Celadon Building where you would normally get the GB Sounds item, the NPC that gifts it still asks you to get all 16 badges. Weirdly enough, after you do get the badges, he starts acting as if he had already given you the GB Sounds item (which in hindsight should be his default text in all instances).

Back