• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hi all, I hope you're having a blessed day

Years
  • Hi guys, hope you are doing ok.

I decided to join this community because the pandemic hit us pretty hard here and I'm at home... so I felt like I needed to reach out and talk to people that share my interests. I love Pokemon games and just recently started playing a very amazing Pokemon Rom Hack called Radical Red. It's insane. I'm looking forward to playing others and chatting with you guys about the upcoming Pokemon Games. I would love love an open world Pokemon game like WOW.

I won't take too much of your time, so I want to thank you for having me. I'm here if you just wanna chat. You are not alone out there. Be well. ^_^

Years
  • hi tyson!! im doing alright, i hope you're doing well, too! glad to see you've joined us c:

i'll admit i havent played radical red i don't really play rom hacks lmao as i tend to stick to the official pokemon games. how are you feeling about legends: arceus btw? o: are you planning on getting it?

i hope i'll see you around!!

Years
  • Welcome Tyson! The online world is indeed our saving grace from the perils of being stuck within the confines of four walls.

If you're looking for other hacks after Radical Red (10/10 difficulty hack I agree), my recommendations are (if you haven't played any of these yet) Inclement Emerald, Unbound, Xenoverse, and (since you mentioned you want an open-world type Pokemon game) Crystal Clear. We do have a bunch of games listed on this site, but others I don't believe are on here (I think they have dedicated Discord servers though).

Anyway, feel free to hit me up as well. Down to chat whenever~ And don't be afraid to ask questions too if you need any help with anything :) Enjoy your stay!

Years
  • Welcome to the forums! I've heard about Radical Red and its ridiculous difficulty, but I've never played it myself! I'd love to hear about your experience though! ^^ Are you considering making a thread to log your adventure?

Years
  • Welcome Tyson! The online world is indeed our saving grace from the perils of being stuck within the confines of four walls.

If you're looking for other hacks after Radical Red (10/10 difficulty hack I agree), my recommendations are (if you haven't played any of these yet) Inclement Emerald, Unbound, Xenoverse, and (since you mentioned you want an open-world type Pokemon game) Crystal Clear. We do have a bunch of games listed on this site, but others I don't believe are on here (I think they have dedicated Discord servers though).

Anyway, feel free to hit me up as well. Down to chat whenever~ And don't be afraid to ask questions too if you need any help with anything :) Enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the warm welcome Roni, I see you around and you are such a reassuring presence. I have not played any of the other roms yet, but I'm eyeing Unbound for a playthrough after Radical. Crystal Clear, huh? I didn't even know there was such a game. I'll def look into it my friend.

Thank you for being here and I'll be sure to hit you up if I need anything. Blessings to you. ^_^

Years
  • hi tyson!! im doing alright, i hope you're doing well, too! glad to see you've joined us c:

i'll admit i havent played radical red i don't really play rom hacks lmao as i tend to stick to the official pokemon games. how are you feeling about legends: arceus btw? o: are you planning on getting it?

i hope i'll see you around!!

Hi Colours! So good to meet you. I'm not sure if I'll pick up Legends: Arceus but you never know... Why exactly don't you play rom hacks, by chance? They are an amazing escape from the main games and insanely well done.

Years
  • Welcome to the forums! I've heard about Radical Red and its ridiculous difficulty, but I've never played it myself! I'd love to hear about your experience though! ^^ Are you considering making a thread to log your adventure?

Hello SailorVee! Hope you are having a great day! Radical Red is the most difficult Pokemon game I've ever played and it has sooo many features that both excite and boggle my mind, like Raid Battles. I'm in love!! I started a YT channel to document my journey if you would like to see. It's in my signature. I would appreciate a comment letting me know where I can improve and what you think. I'll definitely make a thread logging my adventure soon. I just can't come into the forums and then automatically do that, doesn't seem right to me.

And you should try Radical Red, Sailor. At the very least, you'll get your blood pumping; at worst, you'll contemplate hiring a hitman to find and deal with the developer. Or is that just me? 0_0

Years
  • Thank you for the warm welcome Roni, I see you around and you are such a reassuring presence. I have not played any of the other roms yet, but I'm eyeing Unbound for a playthrough after Radical. Crystal Clear, huh? I didn't even know there was such a game. I'll def look into it my friend.

Thank you for being here and I'll be sure to hit you up if I need anything. Blessings to you. ^_^
    Pleasantly pleased that you think of me as a reassuring presence :D I try my best!

Unbound is absolutely worth it. It's been a year since it was finished and I think they're still adding new things to the game. Dozens of hours of fun, and you can choose your difficulty! Game Freak take notes lol. I should also disclose in advanced that Crystal Clear is a Gen 2 hack (Pokemon Crystal), so if that's not your type of game, I don't know if there's anything else like it heh.

Blessings to you as well!

Years
  • Hello SailorVee! Hope you are having a great day! Radical Red is the most difficult Pokemon game I've ever played and it has sooo many features that both excite and boggle my mind, like Raid Battles. I'm in love!! I started a YT channel to document my journey if you would like to see. It's in my signature. I would appreciate a comment letting me know where I can improve and what you think. I'll definitely make a thread logging my adventure soon. I just can't come into the forums and then automatically do that, doesn't seem right to me.

And you should try Radical Red, Sailor. At the very least, you'll get your blood pumping; at worst, you'll contemplate hiring a hitman to find and deal with the developer. Or is that just me? 0_0

Awesome! I'll definitely check out your YouTube channel then!

While I would love to give the game a try, I'm currently doing my own challenge where I'm playing through all 35 main series games so I probably won't have the time to tackle any fangames/hacks for...quite a while, haha. I'm sure your video's will be perfect to watch on the side as I'm grinding up my teams though! ^^

Years
  • Awesome! I'll definitely check out your YouTube channel then!

While I would love to give the game a try, I'm currently doing my own challenge where I'm playing through all 35 main series games so I probably won't have the time to tackle any fangames/hacks for...quite a while, haha. I'm sure your video's will be perfect to watch on the side as I'm grinding up my teams though! ^^

What a cool thing to do. I wish you so much success with that. You post on YT? And I appreciate you checking out my channel, thank you so much. :)

Years
  • Pleasantly pleased that you think of me as a reassuring presence :D I try my best!

Unbound is absolutely worth it. It's been a year since it was finished and I think they're still adding new things to the game. Dozens of hours of fun, and you can choose your difficulty! Game Freak take notes lol. I should also disclose in advanced that Crystal Clear is a Gen 2 hack (Pokemon Crystal), so if that's not your type of game, I don't know if there's anything else like it heh.

Blessings to you as well!

You're making me really excited to try Unbound now lol. Hmmm not a fan of crystal so might pass but thank you for the recommendation.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome Tyson! I think it's great that you're reaching out to a community to help deal with all this pandemic BS. Lots of us have turned to relying heavily on the forum and our forum friends to get through these past few years.

I don't know anything about ROM Hacking and have only played one fangame.. though I can't remember the name. Light Platinum? Maybe? Either way, it's a big part of our community and it's always fun to see what people come up with.

Welcome to the forums! I'll definitely check out your channel. Best of luck!

Back