• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi all! Newbie in forum, longtime player!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Hi I'm Dave, I'm 20 and from a far away land actually {XD}
    I've been playing pokémon since I was a child, mainly because I grew up watching the anime and had a cousin who had a game which I could play some times if he wasn't being cranky haha...
    The first game I played was the Red Version, for the GB, it was not my game, neither my GB and as I'm not native english speaker, and had poor to no knowledge at the time, I had trouble going further in the game, getting stuck pretty early and usually following "my" character's progress every weekend, which was when I saw my cousin, who would end up making the biggest progress for me...
    Anyway, I remember every time I saw the cartridge of the game, it was mystical and had this awesome creature on it's cover, which I thought was the coolest thing ever (and I still kinda do)
    I've been in love with Charizard ever since and always try to make him part of my parties...
    A while later my cousin would sell his GB and GB cartridges to buy other stuff and I lost all I had, which wasn't much...
    Then after so much trying I got my first Gameboy, a red GBA SP to be clear, which I carried everywhere and probably is still in some box at home since it got broken. After that I've been playing only emulators.
    I fell in love with another pokémon in the 4th Gen, Pachirisu. I've always loved electricity, all kinds of electric creatures and beings, and this guy I like so much that even though he is weak, I can't let him out of my parties unless it's necessary for the team, he's like the Pikachu to my Ash, I've even got a plush at home haha.
    I've played Red, FireRed, Silver, SoulSilver, Ruby, Emerald and Platinum, the last 2 only on Emulator though... And also got to play Stadium 1 & 2 on my cousin's 64... and have had little contact with X & Y, but they both look really cool, if only they had done it with the first ones...

Last edited:
    Welcome, Dave! :D Toootally great to meet you. Do you have plans to get X/Y in the future? A lot of us can vouch that they're amazing games and a lot of older fans returned to the series with these. It's definitely, definitely worth it.

But either way, it's fine if you haven't - you can discuss all the older games here too, including spinoffs like Stadium. Be sure to pop by the generation discussions we have and chat about whatever interests you! People still play the older games here and several of us frequently do challenges to make them more interesting. Perhaps that would interest you? n_n Just a suggestion to check out but clearly you're a big Pokemon fan despite having moments of falling out of the series.

Sorry about your GPA SP though! :( I have mine.. somewhere, but gave it to my brother and he probably damaged and lost it, urgh. Anyways, enjoy your time on PC and I hope very much that you enjoy it here!

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    Welcome Dave, hope you enjoy your stay here. I definitely recommend researching into X & Y, as Sheep has already said. They are very revitalising for the whole Pokemon series, especially for the older fans.
    Nice to see another new member who has played since the early days of Pokemon.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hey there Dave, how's it going~ Been playing pokemon ever since I was a lad too! Although I never played Pokemon Red - I've played Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow first go around, while the first season of the anime played. Anywho, I'm glad your cousin helped you out; I've had trouble getting through the Ice Cave towards Blackthorn City in Pokemon Gold, and I didn't get through it until months later when a friend helped me out. :3 And I agree that each carterage of pokemon were cool! It was really pleasing to the eyes to look at!

I used to use Pachirisu all the time in 4th gen competitive plays, ahaha; it had Sweet Kiss and Thunder Wave to confuse and paralyze it's enemies, in which I used to be a really big fan of parafusion! And yeaaah Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 were lovely games! I used to play Pokemon Stadium 1 with my step sister all the time, and I used to help her out figuring out pokemon strategy and stuff! Ah, but like said, check out the pokemon generation topics around here, and maybe the Spin Off games section wouldn't hurt!

I'm really sorry about your SP too. ;-; I gave mine to my cousin and I hope he's enjoying it, but.. yeah, it was a really great handheld. Well, I hope you're having a great night and I hope to see you around sometime! Nice to meet you and hope you'll have a great time. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Wow thank you all so much! Thanks Sheep, Kiddo and Aura!! I wasn't expecting replies so soon but turns out all you guys are really really great and friendly, which is awesome!!
    Yeah, I'm actually trying to get a 3DS, and of course it would be to play mainly Pokémon and my favorite game ever (TLOZ: OOT)
    I will probably get Y Version, I like Yveltal better, I love the new features so much, the interaction, the 3D graphics, the customization and the minigames, it's making it so much cooler than before!! Wish for an old remake though haha...

Although this image made me laugh for ages, it makes me sad too, they were so strong and bold, and now they are bowed down to the merciless power of the new type haha, but well it's still cool
    BEHOLD THE MIGHTY DRAGON SLAYER!!

Last edited:
    Back