• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi All; Not new here?

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Lol had this account for a while...
chrome_Vo0dhPNF3H.png
assume there was a forum migration in 2013?

Used to be quite into making my own mods, but never achieved anything decent

I've recently had an idea for a gen 3 style pokemon game which i think would be mega if it can be pulled off and now think I'm obviously a lot older than when i used to try these things, so should hopefully achieve more success :)

First though I'm making a new game engine from scratch which runs in browser to help me achieve my ambitions.
It's sad looking around to see many other still struggling with things that I was struggling with "back then", so hopefully the engine I'm working on would allow people to make their mods/visions easier.

I've got a recruitment thread open, so if it interests you check it out (pending mod approv) https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/new-engine-yapow-yet-another-pokemon-open-world.527643/

Hope to meet some interesting peeps :)

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
Welcome to the forums!
wow! 10 years is a long time, lol.
And I believe there was a forum migration recently. I think it was around november of 2023!

Years
Lol had this account for a while...

assume there was a forum migration in 2013?

Used to be quite into making my own mods, but never achieved anything decent

I've recently had an idea for a gen 3 style pokemon game which i think would be mega if it can be pulled off and now think I'm obviously a lot older than when i used to try these things, so should hopefully achieve more success :)

First though I'm making a new game engine from scratch which runs in browser to help me achieve my ambitions.
It's sad looking around to see many other still struggling with things that I was struggling with "back then", so hopefully the engine I'm working on would allow people to make their mods/visions easier.

I've got a recruitment thread open, so if it interests you check it out (pending mod approv) https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/new-engine-yapow-yet-another-pokemon-open-world.527643/

Hope to meet some interesting peeps :)
Hello O.w.h.s., and welcome back to the forums!
Can you tell more about your project ?
I wish you good luck seeing it completed!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hello O.w.h.s., and welcome back to the forums!
Can you tell more about your project ?
I wish you good luck seeing it completed!

It's an attempt at a faithful recreation of the Gen 3 engine built from ground up running in browser, with both online and offline features.
It'll come with a suite of tools designed to make modding/creating new games more simple & quicker than current existing solutions.

Spoiler: My end goal
Spoiler: Progress video / screenshots

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hello!
Welcome back to the forums ! =3

Do you have any favorite Pokemon ?
probs dragonite? ;/ idk if thats boring
my pkm gold party would be lickitung, houndoom, scyther, chancey, feraligatr and dragonite
ruby and fire red, i usually just ended up with starter + ledgenaries

you're into eevee? :)
i'd say either raw eevee or umbreon is my favourite evolution :)
but eevee is pretty cool, i've never done an all eevee run, have you? :)

Years
probs dragonite? ;/ idk if thats boring
my pkm gold party would be lickitung, houndoom, scyther, chancey, feraligatr and dragonite
ruby and fire red, i usually just ended up with starter + ledgenaries

you're into eevee? :)
i'd say either raw eevee or umbreon is my favourite evolution :)
but eevee is pretty cool, i've never done an all eevee run, have you? :)

I've had every eeveelution on my team at one point or another (including Gigantamax Eevee for the fun of it =P), but no I've never had a team of only eeveelutions.
Wouldn't mind trying it some time . I'm currently doing an Ice types only playthrough of Scarlet though.

Do you ever do any themed playthroughs ?

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I've had every eeveelution on my team at one point or another (including Gigantamax Eevee for the fun of it =P), but no I've never had a team of only eeveelutions.
Wouldn't mind trying it some time . I'm currently doing an Ice types only playthrough of Scarlet though.

Do you ever do any themed playthroughs ?
nah i dont really play too much, and when i do it's tended to be with cheats on an emulator
i like watching yters like smallant, jrose etc
i like the single pokemon challanges bc thats basically how i always used to play as a kid, but also the like "no xp challanges" etc

part of the aim of the gameeng im working on is to easily make diff game modes
like a fun one i already have done is just a 3x3 viewport, and could you beat the game like that :)

Back