• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! I'm new here.

Days
    • Seen today
    Hello, everyone! I'm TheHalfAngel (in case you couldn't tell), and I am excited to be here! I've been looking for a good place to get feedback for my fakemon sprites (which I love making) and I stumbled here. So I hope you like them!

Not to mention, have an amazing day! I really hope you do!

Years
    Hello, everyone! I'm TheHalfAngel (in case you couldn't tell), and I am excited to be here! I've been looking for a good place to get feedback for my fakemon sprites (which I love making) and I stumbled here. So I hope you like them!

Not to mention, have an amazing day! I really hope you do!
    Hello TheHalfAngel, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see more fakémon sprites artists join PokéCommunity!
    Potite looks nice, and I am curious to see what it evolves into! For a middle evolution name, how about Poterror ? ^^

I wish you an amazing day too!

Days
    • Seen today
    @Fact Checking Gardevoir
    Thanks! I'm excited, too! Also, Poterror is pretty good! Certainly better than anything I've come up with... (potblem) Although I'm not sure if that quite works as a middle evo. But it sounds good, though.

@ReKoil
    I had a few designs for fakemon (namely, regional diglett, and the grass + fire starters), and I figured it'd be fun to make a few sprites. Then I got... er... a bit too excited about it

Years
    @Fact Checking Gardevoir
    Thanks! I'm excited, too! Also, Poterror is pretty good! Certainly better than anything I've come up with... (potblem) Although I'm not sure if that quite works as a middle evo. But it sounds good, though.
    I thought it would fit, with "terror" in Poterror (could be mean as in the expression "little terror") not being as strong as "apocalypse" in Apotalypse :p
    But it is your fakémon, up to you of course! ^^

Days
    • Seen today
    Hello there TheHalfAngel, and welcome to the PC!

How long have you been a Pokemon fan?
    It's... er... complicated.

See, as a young kid, I've always liked Pokemon cards, and I used to have this big book of all gen 1-6 pokemon that I would spend hours poring through, but I didn't own any of the games. The only 'pokemon games' I'd ever played are Smash Bros. games with pokemon. Note: I never chose pokemon.

But, another thing about me is that I have a few obsessions per month or two, I have them, very extreme, I think and talk about that exclusively, and then soon, I'm obsessed with something else for another two-three months. My last obsession was TTRPGs. This month's obsession is Pokemon, and it'll probably be that for a while.

I still don't own any official games, but I've played the first 2 gyms of Insurgence, I play PokeMMO on a regular basis, and I have Pokemon Myth downloaded, but I rarely play it. Anyway, that's me! I plan to buy Pokemon Scarlet (mostly because of scream tail), and I'll choose Fuecoco as a starter.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    It's... er... complicated.

See, as a young kid, I've always liked Pokemon cards, and I used to have this big book of all gen 1-6 pokemon that I would spend hours poring through, but I didn't own any of the games. The only 'pokemon games' I'd ever played are Smash Bros. games with pokemon. Note: I never chose pokemon.

But, another thing about me is that I have a few obsessions per month or two, I have them, very extreme, I think and talk about that exclusively, and then soon, I'm obsessed with something else for another two-three months. My last obsession was TTRPGs. This month's obsession is Pokemon, and it'll probably be that for a while.

I still don't own any official games, but I've played the first 2 gyms of Insurgence, I play PokeMMO on a regular basis, and I have Pokemon Myth downloaded, but I rarely play it. Anyway, that's me! I plan to buy Pokemon Scarlet (mostly because of scream tail), and I'll choose Fuecoco as a starter.

That's really neat honestly. Do you remember what your first cards were? Who did you like to play in Smash Bros?

I know full well what that style of obsession is like. I used to be on a cycle of interests very similar to yours, where they would completely change every two or three months. (it was hell for my parents lol :p) It's calmed down a fair amount after joining the PC though, and it wasn't quite as strong as yours from your description.

Cool that you play Insurgence, I've heard a lot about that game from Fact Checking Gardevoir. It sounded like a game I'd enjoy as well. Never heard about Pokemon Myth though. (FCG knows a few other cool sounding fan games if you'd like to ask her for recommendations by the way :p) Scarlet is pretty fun, a lot different from the classics, but still fun. Certainly one of if not the easiest games to shiny hunt Pokemon in as well. What do you like about Scream Tail?

Years
    You played Insurgence ? It is my favourite fan game! If you have gone through the 2 first gyms, I really recommend you to continue to its end. So many Pokémon (and the Delta variants!) to catch, so many areas to explore, great means to train Pokémon, to hatch eggs, etc... No other fan game since made me feel that good when I reached the final part to get the last Legendary!

Days
    • Seen today
    You played Insurgence ? It is my favourite fan game! If you have gone through the 2 first gyms, I really recommend you to continue to its end. So many Pokémon (and the Delta variants!) to catch, so many areas to explore, great means to train Pokémon, to hatch eggs, etc... No other fan game since made me feel that good when I reached the final part to get the last Legendary!
    Nah, I'm level grinding because the level curve is craaazy.

That's really neat honestly. Do you remember what your first cards were? Who did you like to play in Smash Bros?

I know full well what that style of obsession is like. I used to be on a cycle of interests very similar to yours, where they would completely change every two or three months. (it was hell for my parents lol :p) It's calmed down a fair amount after joining the PC though, and it wasn't quite as strong as yours from your description.

Cool that you play Insurgence, I've heard a lot about that game from Fact Checking Gardevoir. It sounded like a game I'd enjoy as well. Never heard about Pokemon Myth though. (FCG knows a few other cool sounding fan games if you'd like to ask her for recommendations by the way :p) Scarlet is pretty fun, a lot different from the classics, but still fun. Certainly one of if not the easiest games to shiny hunt Pokemon in as well. What do you like about Scream Tail?
    I don't remember what my first cards were. I do, however, remember (a pretty early memory) getting a Lightning Loop theme deck from my grandma for Christmas. My Smash Bros main (in SSBUltimate) is split between Toon Link, Pit, and Samus. In Super Smash Flash 2 (pretty good fangame) Black Mage is my main.

Yeah, Insurgence is great! The story and dialogue is a little edgy/cheesy at points, but I don't care. I don't play games for the story, oh heavens no. I play it for the gameplay. And the fact that you have Mega Evolutions, new mega evolutions, Delta Pokemon, mega Deltas, and no need for HM slaves is great! Delta pokemon are basically pokemon with a redesign+retyping after a group decided to make them that way.

I want Scream Tail because it's funny. Mic Kirby (in Super Star, yeah, Kirby was an obsession for a while. Now it's Pokemon and DBZ), is ridiculous, and I think that Jigglypuff that is just that is so funny. Tell me with a straight face that a pink ball of fluff screaming at someone and making them just explode/disintegrate/die isn't funny.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I don't remember what my first cards were. I do, however, remember (a pretty early memory) getting a Lightning Loop theme deck from my grandma for Christmas. My Smash Bros main (in SSBUltimate) is split between Toon Link, Pit, and Samus. In Super Smash Flash 2 (pretty good fangame) Black Mage is my main.

Yeah, Insurgence is great! The story and dialogue is a little edgy/cheesy at points, but I don't care. I don't play games for the story, oh heavens no. I play it for the gameplay. And the fact that you have Mega Evolutions, new mega evolutions, Delta Pokemon, mega Deltas, and no need for HM slaves is great! Delta pokemon are basically pokemon with a redesign+retyping after a group decided to make them that way.

I want Scream Tail because it's funny. Mic Kirby (in Super Star, yeah, Kirby was an obsession for a while. Now it's Pokemon and DBZ), is ridiculous, and I think that Jigglypuff that is just that is so funny. Tell me with a straight face that a pink ball of fluff screaming at someone and making them just explode/disintegrate/die isn't funny.

Hey, Samus is one of mine as well! Neat! Which Smash Bros. game is your favorite (if you've played more than 1)? Mine's Brawl.

Well if I didn't already have plans to try it out, I'd certainly have them now lol. Megas were my favorite gimmick when they first came out back in Gen 6 because of the 'even further beyond' aspect of them.
    (I also love DBZ, but I've only seen the abridged series on it lol :p)

While I've never had that big of an interest in Kirby, I do LOVE Air Ride, and The Forgotten Land was absolutely amazing when I played it with my pal IRL. And your description of Scream Tail screaming at someone to death reminds me of this moment from Shrek lmao:
    fiona GIF

Which I would say is indeed pretty dang funny. :p

Oh, real quick, I merged your replies together since they were right after each other, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is to just click on the Respond button on all the posts you'd like to reply to at once. (y)

Days
    • Seen today
    Hey, Samus is one of mine as well! Neat! Which Smash Bros. game is your favorite (if you've played more than 1)? Mine's Brawl.

Well if I didn't already have plans to try it out, I'd certainly have them now lol. Megas were my favorite gimmick when they first came out back in Gen 6 because of the 'even further beyond' aspect of them.
    (I also love DBZ, but I've only seen the abridged series on it lol :p)

While I've never had that big of an interest in Kirby, I do LOVE Air Ride, and The Forgotten Land was absolutely amazing when I played it with my pal IRL. And your description of Scream Tail screaming at someone to death reminds me of this moment from Shrek lmao:
    fiona GIF

Which I would say is indeed pretty dang funny. :p

Oh, real quick, I merged your replies together since they were right after each other, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is to just click on the Respond button on all the posts you'd like to reply to at once. (y)
    My favorite Smash Bros. game is probably Ultimate. I've played the original, and I've played a fangame, but it's so close to 'as good as ultimate' status, which believe me, is SUPER close.

Mega pokemon are cool, my favorite is mega Absol or Rayquaza. I feel like mega Gyarados doesn't quite do it justice, though. I like a lot of the rest, but mega Absol and Rayquaza are just top-notch.

Back