• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hi!

Years
  • What a road here 😂 So way back in the day of Red/Blue/Yellow and the intro of the TCG in the US, I was really into the franchise (manga, anime, anything cute and/or collectible), than sort of fell out of it by the time Silver came around. (I played Silver, but was so not into it that apparently I didn't finish the story line nor remember like...any of the pokemon from the generation.)

A million years later, I met my SO and some of their friends who are very, very into the franchise (think subtle pokemon references at the wedding). I enjoyed them enjoying it, but it's never a topic I instigated. Well, New Pokemon Snap came out, and SO saw a perfect opportunity because they'd never played Snap and I adored it, so they bought the game as soon as it came out. Doooown the rabbit hole we went, with a lot of AHHHHH on my part because there are so many new cute things.

Hot on its heels came BDSP, another perfect storm of nostalgia for a bunch of friends that I then got swept into, and now I'm...here. I'm curious about what the community looks like outside of my bubble and, of course, in need of trades (or just other people to give things to, because I fell into the breeding hole and hate just dumping boxes of 5 IVs into the nether).

Thanks for having me! I don't really have any pockets of wisdom to share because I'm so new to this, but I'm happy to help when I can.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Aw, what a cute story!! Welcome to the community Harakka!

I think we've all been down the Pokémon rabbit hole here, drank the coolaid, and asked for seconds lol. So you're among good people! Definitely make sure to check out the Trade Corner to get yourself started on that front. It might even be worth it to open your own shop if you have a mess of 5IV competitive 'Mons to go around! :)

Best of luck and happy posting!

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2022
    Ah hey guys, i am new here, i just think that is a really great way to remember my childhood and the amazing memories that i had

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ah hey guys, i am new here, i just think that is a really great way to remember my childhood and the amazing memories that i had
    Hi Pikou! You're welcome to make your own thread if you'd like! :)

Years
  • From Silver to BDSP =o
    There's probably quite a bit to familiarize yourself with then with that big a leap.

Since you seem to have 5 IV mons I take it you're into the Battle Tower or Competitive?
    Did you try to complete your dexes or did you not bother?

Years
  • Aw, what a cute story!! Welcome to the community Harakka!

I think we've all been down the Pokémon rabbit hole here, drank the coolaid, and asked for seconds lol. So you're among good people! Definitely make sure to check out the Trade Corner to get yourself started on that front. It might even be worth it to open your own shop if you have a mess of 5IV competitive 'Mons to go around! :)

Best of luck and happy posting!

Thank you! I'll look into the shops; I peeked in there but was a little overwhelmed.

Hello fellow new person, and I totally feel you on that :)

From Silver to BDSP =o
    There's probably quite a bit to familiarize yourself with then with that big a leap.

Since you seem to have 5 IV mons I take it you're into the Battle Tower or Competitive?
    Did you try to complete your dexes or did you not bother?

I completed my Dexes back in the day, and now I'm struggling to get the final BD exclusives and the blasted 'rare swarm/safari' pokemon for this one. The IVs came from the perfect amount of bad luck with good luck rather than competition: I decided to make my life harder by making my whole Dex female-only where possible + all (non-shiny) alt forms. (Cynthia inspired me, but also I had no idea what I was getting into with the gender ratios.) I could not for the life of me catch an eevee in the garden (not even a male after many hours spent on eevee day), so I SOS'd my friend who was more than happy to give me a breeding pair. The pair were 5 IV because she's into Battle Tower. Then I had to breed...and breed...and breed...for enough female eevees for all the evolutions.

Though now I'm seeing the shinies in your signature and I'm like...oh no, do I need to try to make some shiny eevees too? 😱

Years
  • Though now I'm seeing the shinies in your signature and I'm like...oh no, do I need to try to make some shiny eevees too? 😱

I'd only recommend it if you like shiny breeding or shiny hunting tbh. It can be very repetitive xD
    Both ways can take a really long time. I'm doing shiny breeding myself (because I can breed them in special balls =3) and Eevee takes pretty long to hatch, even with a Flame Body mon, so to keep my sanity I'm shiny breeding them at intervals xD
    I'm not done yet either rofl, still need to breed a shiny eevee for a shiny leafeon and umbreon @_@

You could always try and go for only shiny hunting your favorite of the eeveelutions ;)

Years
  • Welcome Harakka! Glad to have you :D

So way back in the day of Red/Blue/Yellow and the intro of the TCG in the US, I was really into the franchise (manga, anime, anything cute and/or collectible), than sort of fell out of it by the time Silver came around. (I played Silver, but was so not into it that apparently I didn't finish the story line nor remember like...any of the pokemon from the generation.)
    Bitten by the Pokemon bug at the start of it all huh? Awesome to see one of the OGs~ Personally I didn't get into Pokemon til Gen 4, the DS era, but that's also because I was literally just born the year Pokemon first came out globally lmao.

A million years later, I met my SO and some of their friends who are very, very into the franchise (think subtle pokemon references at the wedding). I enjoyed them enjoying it, but it's never a topic I instigated. Well, New Pokemon Snap came out, and SO saw a perfect opportunity because they'd never played Snap and I adored it, so they bought the game as soon as it came out. Doooown the rabbit hole we went, with a lot of AHHHHH on my part because there are so many new cute things.
    Oh man to have irl friends who are just as into Pokemon as I am, that's the dream <3 So glad that's the case for you, and how it led you to rediscovering it. There's been A LOT that's happened since it first got popular lol :p

Hot on its heels came BDSP, another perfect storm of nostalgia for a bunch of friends that I then got swept into, and now I'm...here. I'm curious about what the community looks like outside of my bubble and, of course, in need of trades (or just other people to give things to, because I fell into the breeding hole and hate just dumping boxes of 5 IVs into the nether).
    The community's pretty epic ngl~ It really depends on the forum I guess, but for the most part the people here are really cool and awesome, and played a big part in me becoming a regular haha. I hope it'll be the same for you eventually :p I'm sure you've already seen the Trade Corner btw? Haven't checked (and it's been 2 days since you posted this lol), but I'll link it here just in case :3

Thanks for having me! I don't really have any pockets of wisdom to share because I'm so new to this, but I'm happy to help when I can.
    Again, glad to have you here! The only pocket of wisdom I can share atm is to not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns about the place, bcs we'd be happy to help out~ Be seeing you!

P.S. We have a Discord Server if you're active on that platform heh, just linking here in case you haven't seen it yet.

Years
  • I'm not done yet either rofl, still need to breed a shiny eevee for a shiny leafeon and umbreon @_@

You could always try and go for only shiny hunting your favorite of the eeveelutions ;)

Ugh, just hatching the ones for the eevelutions was enough to drive me bonkers, thanks. May the shiny gods smile on you soon!

Again, glad to have you here! The only pocket of wisdom I can share atm is to not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns about the place, bcs we'd be happy to help out~ Be seeing you!

P.S. We have a Discord Server if you're active on that platform heh, just linking here in case you haven't seen it yet.

Thank you both for the information and greetings! I was debating the Discord but that might be one too many technological leaps for me in such a small timespan 😂 I only finally downloaded Discord when the world shut down so we could coordinate games with friends, and seeing people (/strangers/) in real-time is still weird to me.

Years
  • I was debating the Discord but that might be one too many technological leaps for me in such a small timespan 😂 I only finally downloaded Discord when the world shut down so we could coordinate games with friends, and seeing people (/strangers/) in real-time is still weird to me.
    Lmao believe me I only recently started getting into Discord myself, and I'm only ever active on the Pokecommunity server :p There were several months where I was constantly overwhelmed by just how fast the chat goes and how quickly conversations changes, but after a while I sorta got the hang of it, got more acquainted with the community, and now it's one of my fave places to hang :3

I can perfectly understand ofc if that's not for everyone! 'Twas merely a suggestion hehe, you're welcome to stay on just the forums for as long as you wish. I will say that it's wayy calmer here~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What a road here 😂 So way back in the day of Red/Blue/Yellow and the intro of the TCG in the US, I was really into the franchise (manga, anime, anything cute and/or collectible), than sort of fell out of it by the time Silver came around. (I played Silver, but was so not into it that apparently I didn't finish the story line nor remember like...any of the pokemon from the generation.)

hii welcome to PC! You seem nice :) That's a sweet story!

Like Roni says, the Discord can be fun, but also really really fast. The forums are a nice medium where one can find specific conversations one wants to be part of - and also look good while talking, since we can edit our post styles as you probably can see from the members here in this thread :D it's nice to express oneself~ Hope you've settled in well!

Back