• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hidden treasure

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
  • I've been thinking about this a lot, and it compelled me to write out a thread about it.

So since pokemon red I've noticed a trend in all their games that hidden items are all over the place. I really want to know how many of the 'coolest' items people have found. Maybe even talk about the item finder/dowsing machine.

I haven't noticed too many yet in D/p/pt but the big ones I found were in orebough town (sp?) by that big sand heep. You can find 4 items in their including a heartscale!

So yeah, discuss your favorite or most enjoyable finding or what not!

My favorite is always getting that rare candy in cerulean city behind the house. It was my first find way back in pokemon red.

/ start thread

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I noticed that too. I was actually diong the underground a lot yesterday so that I could get 8 red shards. I needed them to teach my luxray superpower.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I found a Max Revive earlier, somewhere in Pastoria using the Dowsing app on the Poketch, which is about the best thing I've found for a while. I used to save that Rare Candy for my Mewtwo back in Red/Blue!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I guess the Arceus plates. U cant really find anything amazing. It would be awesome if I could find a Secret Key or something. Gracidea Flower FTW!

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • Right outside of Pastoria you can find a Dawn Stone in the mud.
    In the Unknown Cave you can find a water electric and fire stone.
    If you see any out of place rocks or areas that just seem kind of use less, use that or just walk around tapping A. There are so many cool things you can find!

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • I'm not really talking about underground. More of like hidden items that you find through out the story

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I dowse for things almost obsessively. There're hidden items on pretty much all routes and lots in caves. I tend to take my time and find every single one when I'm on a new route, and when I get to a shop I sell all the stuff that I don't need/isn't useful for anything but selling. Some good things I find are vitamins, Max Repels, Full Restores, Max Revives, shards, Max Ethers/Elixers, TMs, stones, plates, and various hold items.

Floaroma Meadow is most definitely the best place to find loads of free stuff laying around all in one place.

I've also noticed that there are tons more Star Pieces in Platinum than in D/P.

Last edited:

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Inside of the the Solaceon ruins, if you go to the rooms that don't lead you out, the ones with the one rock in them, you can find a Fire, Water, and Thunderstone. Not every room like that has them, but it doesn't take too long to find them all.

I've only done this in Platinum so I'm not sure if it's in Diamond and Pearl.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I've also noticed that there are tons more Star Pieces in Platinum than in D/P.

Star Pieces have a use in Platinum now, is why. You can turn them in at the Fuego Ironworks for one of each type of shard, which you then use for Move Tutors.

I found that out and was glad I'm somewhat lazy selling items to the PokéMarts sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    i go around with tons of repels and go treasure hunting in the ocean its really fun i once got a weird item i think it was called a rare keystone?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • i go around with tons of repels and go treasure hunting in the ocean its really fun i once got a weird item i think it was called a rare keystone?

That would be the Odd Keystone.

You need one for each Spiritomb you want to catch. Though Spiritomb can be bred, so any after the first one is somewhat useless. You are also given one by a Blackbelt to the west of Hearthome City.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I usually break out the Dowsing App when I'm walking through grass, and there are random patches with nothing on them, or when I'm near a particularly strange formation of rocks. In Mt. Coronet, I check every rock I can get to. XD

The best things I've found have been useful things like vitamins, Heart Scales and a Dawn Stone. :3

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • Thats a pretty bold statement.. I'm sure there are over 100's of hidden items. I like finding PP ups. I found one inside of the galactic warehouse today :D

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • The evolution stones and some incenses are the best things I've dowsed for.
    I haven't found anything rarer than that yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    There were a lot of hidden items in the non-cave parts of Mt Coronet (especially the northern slope). They weren't very special though, just the bitter herbs and ultra balls.

And there's the pp max on route 224.

Dark Rhyperior

Rhyperior used Earthquake
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    I usually use the Dowsing machine whenever I'm pretty sure there's an item around. The most valuable is probably the sandpile with the 4 items. Other things include PP Max,etc.

Back