• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
  • I loved the series, and I still do, even though I wouldn't say I'm as active in the fandom as I used to be. Currently, I prefer Higurashi to Umineko but both series are good in their own ways (for example, I think Umineko has better characters) I really want the play the visual novel of Higurashi (and Umineko, I guess) but unfortunately I can't due to some reasons. |D; my fav character was oishi-san obv. Rena was my favourite character, closely followed by Shion (I liked her more when she was all psychotic and stuff though) and Rika. Hanyuu deserves a mention too. ;D I preferred the first season over the second season… I was disappointed by the lack of killer lolis in the second season. ): And Higurashi Rei was just automatically awesome because of the Batsukoishi-hen episode.

Overall it was a very good series, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's into horror and psychological anime/manga.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I loved the series, and I still do, even though I wouldn't say I'm as active in the fandom as I used to be. Currently, I prefer Higurashi to Umineko but both series are good in their own ways (for example, I think Umineko has better characters) I really want the play the visual novel of Higurashi (and Umineko, I guess) but unfortunately I can't due to some reasons. |D; my fav character was oishi-san obv. Rena was my favourite character, closely followed by Shion (I liked her more when she was all psychotic and stuff though) and Rika. Hanyuu deserves a mention too. ;D I preferred the first season over the second season… I was disappointed by the lack of killer lolis in the second season. ): And Higurashi Rei was just automatically awesome because of the Batsukoishi-hen episode.

Overall it was a very good series, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's into horror and psychological anime/manga.
    You can at least play the demo versions of each. The entire first game is included. AFAIK, the English translations are compatible with both games' demo versions.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • I just finished downloading it, I watched the first episode and I'm in a very "wtf" state of mind. I'm gonna finish watching it though.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I'm quite a fan of it~ I first watched the anime back in July, so I got out of it for a while, but now I'm back into it because of the english vn release. The anime was good, at least it was a better anime than Umineko.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Yeah, I just got done with the first season. It was an very interesting anime, but the ending was "..." and I hate endings like that. Especially since my friend told me that the ending of the first season explained everything.

He lied. >_>

twocows

Years
  • Yeah, I just got done with the first season. It was an very interesting anime, but the ending was "..." and I hate endings like that. Especially since my friend told me that the ending of the first season explained everything.

He lied. >_>
    Yeah, he did. If they did with the adaptation what I believe they did, then the second season is literally there to explain things... or, at least, one possible way things could have happened. The thing about those two 07th Expansion works is that you're supposed to try and figure them out for yourself. They then release their solutions, but that doesn't mean theirs are the only correct solutions.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • It's a good anime.
    I stopped watching after EP6, though. Can't find it anywhere now.
    Rena scares the hell out of me
    :(.

twocows

Years
  • It's a good anime.
    Triad subbed it, Google "triad higurashi torrent" and you'll find something. Of course, I'm assuming you'll just be examining the torrent file and not actually using it to download anything, because that would be illegal, and I would never advocate illegal activity, right?

megahaosguy

Populi Dux
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I guess I'll watch it after Umineko... are they similar in any way? I wouldn't mind that.
    There are some similar stuff,like murders,but its a lot longer than Umineko no Naku Koro ni. The show is confusing until you watch Higurashi Kai

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • There are some similar stuff,like murders,but its a lot longer than Umineko no Naku Koro ni. The show is confusing until you watch Higurashi Kai

Yeah, I've managed to finish Umineko and Higurashi, and am currently on ep 7 of Kai.

I have to say, Episode 1-4 and 26 are awesome. For being creepy as hell and for an epic duel, respectively.

I'm a bit dissapointed the rest of of the series hasn't been as creepy as the beginning though.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • It's a good anime.

The original Higurashi or the second season?

If it's the original Higurashi and you can stand watching it dubbed, FUNimation has the whole thing on their video portal. It's under "When They Cry", not "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni", though. (I hope posting a legal streaming site isn't against the rules... lol)

Now I'm really hoping FUNimation gets Higurashi Kai... Because I only watch things the legal way these days and I really want to watch Kai.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • Bummer, I can't watch the dub on funi's site since I'm in Australia :(

Though I probably won't get around to watching the dub, since I saw a small clip of an episode and the voices were horrible :x but I really loved the series and I was thinking of reading the manga but finding out which one to read first and which one to read last is such a hassle.

megahaosguy

Populi Dux
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Yeah, I've managed to finish Umineko and Higurashi, and am currently on ep 7 of Kai.

I have to say, Episode 1-4 and 26 are awesome. For being creepy as hell and for an epic duel, respectively.

I'm a bit dissapointed the rest of of the series hasn't been as creepy as the beginning though.
    Yeah episode 26 of the original was the best

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've watched through Higurashi and Kai and enjoyed them both. Haven't looked at Umineko but probably will. Kai was really interesting and I loved all of their music. Rika and Rena are my favorite characters. Go Cleaver Girl go!

Back