• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hilarious Trades

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Well, some genius traded me a MUSHARNA, for a crappy little Ho-oh with some disease thing.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I traded my Palkia away for a Cherrim. But you see, I operate by the old adage that 'if both parties are satisfied, then the trade is fair regardless of the value of each person's offer'. The other guy was chuffed as hell with his Palkia, and I have a Cherrim now, which until then I'd been missing. And I had another Palkia, anyway, so it's not like I'm missing out.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I got an Arceus for a Zorua I was keeping for some random dude.
    I'm 8% certain that it's legit.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I got a Zorua for a Scrafty. Nothing exceptional, but pretty nice nonetheless.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since trades are also done in previous games as well, I'm going to move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central. Continue on the discussion over there. :>

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I traded my Palkia away for a Cherrim. But you see, I operate by the old adage that 'if both parties are satisfied, then the trade is fair regardless of the value of each person's offer'. The other guy was chuffed as hell with his Palkia, and I have a Cherrim now, which until then I'd been missing. And I had another Palkia, anyway, so it's not like I'm missing out.

This. :) Yesterday, Signomi traded me her shiny Virizion for my Escavalier. We were just glad our Pokemon were going to good homes, so all was well. :3

Mahtale

Lives are overrated.
    Years
  • I traded a level 44 Reuniclus for a level 90 Reshiram. I have White, by the way, so I did in fact need it. I've checked thoroughly and it isn't hacked (unless they're REALLY good at hacking Pokemon). Besides, there is little point in hacking a Reshiram. They're easily obtained. The level difference was the biggest "wow factor" for me though, not to mention that I could always just go level another Reuniclus; he cannot catch another Reshiram.

**Edit: I forgot to mention that the Reshiram had Pkrs.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • lvl 10 pansear for a lvl 100 excadrill. all i wanted was a HM Slave

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Flawless, fully EV-trained, level 50 Modest Porygon-Z complete with Tri-Attack (which can only be obtained at that level in generation III) and full PP Ups applied to its moves for the cost of some random Lickilicky, which I later confirmed was 100% genuine. For that time on, I figured that no mater how many people wanted to get Mewtwo for their level 2 Blissey, the GTS was worth it...Until the game that Z was transferred on was crushed, along with all my hopes and dreams, and I was conned into trading one of my best Pokémon for a hacked shiny Porygon2. :[

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Ages ago, playing Gold version, when my brother was a so much more gullible than he is now, I managed to convince him that having a Dunsparce in your party was the secret way to find the legendary dogs, so I offered him mine for his Lugia. Worked like a charm, although I'm still not sure why he didn't just go out and catch one himself though...

Back