• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hints to pokemon yellow remake?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    For me the only mechanic from yellow I want to see implemented is having Pokemon follow you around. I think that would be a nice touch to choose a Pokemon and have them out with your character.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just as many hint to the other regions. So really any reference being treated as a hint supports any kinda remake, including Yellow.

There really aren't any hints to remakes. Only hint we do have is a new Generation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    All Pokemon games connect, at least a little in some ways. If there was ever a remake it would be a Ruby/Sapphire remake.

Spoiler:

^There are many references to the Hoenn region and Ruby/Sapphire. First off is the hot springs reference. In Ruby/Sapphire in Laveridge Town, there are a set of hot springs by the Pokemon Center. An older lady is telling you this and the hot springs are a popular place for the elderly to relax. This is an indicator that she could be talking about the hot springs in Ruby/Sapphire. The next screen is my favorite. It is foreshadowing a future event that could be the remake or something else; no one knows. The next screenshot makes me believe that an announcement for the game will be on an anniversary, between 10 or 15 years from Ruby/Sapphire's original release. In Japan the games were released in 2002 and in other countries the games were released in 2003. This makes me think that if there is an announcement that it will be between the years 2013 and 2017. The next screenshot talk about the Oceanic Museum. The Oceanic Museum was an aquatic museum found in Slateport city in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The next picture is of a little girl mentioning the new region. The last picture is of a hiker talking about a region, who know what region it could be!?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    ah yellow, the first pokemon game i ever played, the first hand held game i ever played. that said, as much as i'd like to see a remake of yellow, i'd much rather see a remake of pokemon stadium, or R/S/E
    As much as I love Kanto, I hate too much this electric rat.
    pikachu yes, but a surfing raichu will always be awesome

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Just want to say between Gens 4 and 5 you can get all Hoenn Pokemon if you did not miss the Deoxys and Jirachi events. You can get all of the Hoenn Pokemon minus the Starters and Legendary Weather Trio in Gen 5 alone when the Dream World was available. So really, this kinda statement destroys itself when defending any want for Gen 3 remakes.

Only point to doing a remake now is update to new digital standards and retelling the story, which is currently needed for all 5 previous generations thanks to Gen 6 which blows sprite format away.

These are the only two reasons they'd need to be remade. And again these two reasons apply to all previous games.
    Well HgSs were remade and we could get all Gen II Pokémon in between Gen III and Gen IV...if someone got the Navel Rock and Celebi give away events...

I'm hoping for a Pokémon SeaBlue version, with an extended storyline for the Sevii islands if they are to do a return to Kanto. Maybe pair it up with LightningYellow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Gen 3 doesn't need a remake like Gen 1 and 2 got because you can still transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 all the way to our current Gen 6. This was impossible with Gen 1 and 2 until the remakes came. Now we can get all the Pokemon.

So because a new pokemon player could go back and hunt down a Gameboy Advanced, then copies of RSE games, then beat them, then buy a ds, then buy and beat one of the GEN 4 games, then go through the tedious process of Palparking them over, then buy and beat black or white, then transfer them again (which I assume is an equally tedious process), then transfer them to the Pokemon Bank and finally bring them to the new game... RSE doesn't need a remake?

A secondary thing I would like to note. You can use the argument that we can't play Gen 3 on the most current system, 3DS/2DS. If that is the case we can't play and Gen 1 games either. If Gen 3 gets a remake, Gen 1 should get one as well. As of today we can play Gen 2 (remake), Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6. This leaves Gen 1 and 3 needing remakes.

Gen 1 got it's remake, though. It wasn't "recent", but it got a remake. It was fun, and enjoyable, and was enjoyed.

I feel as though many people value it because it's the first generation they played or really payed attention too.

People will always value nostalgic memories. That said, RSE wasn't the first game I played (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Fire Red, Emerald was the order of Pokemon games I played not counting spinoff titles), and I enjoyed it and think it needs a remake. It had weird pokemon, and is overall my second least favorite (least favorite being gen 4, which I still haven't gone through more than once), but it was good. And I'll be damned if I let anyone tell me the Kyogre vs Groudon scene was only awesome cause of nostalgia, that was epic, and I want to see it on the 3ds.

I haven't noticed an excessive number of references to any particular generation. They all have a good number of references, it seems to be about equal. I think people are just picking up on those they want to see while disregarding the others.

I'm pretty sure there were a few more Hoenn references than the other regions, if only slightly. I think the majority of things in the Art Museum that were referencing a past game were referencing Hoenn, and there was the person somewhere talking about knowing the boat dude with the wingul, and the saphire and Ruby anniversery thing, and the minerals in the caves. But that doesn't mean I ignored the fact that one of the E4 is from Sinnoh, or the random girl in that cafe' talking about how different this place is from Kanto, or the painting of Unova, or any of the others sprinkled throughout the game.

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
    I really want a Gen-3 remake but if they gonna make a Gen-1 remake it should be Yellow cause Red and Blue/Green already have Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    I'd rather have a Red, Blue, and Green remake. I know they did it for GBA but I absolutely loved the first gen. Regardless of what one they'll make next, I'll get though :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I'd want a Yellow remake most. But idk if Kanto alone cuts it anymore. It'd definitely need a good post games... maybe the Orange Islands?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'd want a Yellow remake most. But idk if Kanto alone cuts it anymore. It'd definitely need a good post games... maybe the Orange Islands?
    Orange Islands were only ever an Anime only thing, used to fill the space between Kanto and Johto seasons. Game Freak has naught to do with the Anime and hence wouldn't be making games out of such a place. Which is pretty evident in FRLG. There's a new set of islands in those remakes, but they are the Sevii Islands, not the Orange Islands.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    Due to the ease of the game, (At least to me it seemed easier than most games)
    I think they were afraid all of the people from the beginning of Pokemon would loose interest from the increased ease of the game :3

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
    I d rather think the opposite. All the kanto things' availability lead me to think there wont be kanto based games(otherwise why would you make the bird trio and mewtwo available with no apparent reason?it HAS to be because they are not planning to release any legit kanto game to put them in)remember how in HG and SS they made us be able to catch kyogre, groudon , rayquaza ? and what about the regi cave in black and white? did that mean they did plan to release an hoenn remake soon? XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    I would love it if this was true. Pokémon Yellow was my first game along with Blue. Nostalgia city

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    I find R/S/E is going to be the next Remake, since the remake line is going in order as of now. LG/FR and the HG/SS? Surely there will be R/S/E remake coming.

The whole reason FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver were remakes, is simply because to can't trade from Gen 1 and 2 games to Gen 3, 4, 5, and 6. Gen 3 games are still able to transfer to Gen 6, but you have to go through Gens 4 and 5 to get there. There is really no reason to remake Gen 3 except for improving the graphics.
    Also I don't think they would do a Pokemon Yellow, but they could do one for Ash in Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Weren't nearly all Gen 2 Pokemon available anyway between the Gen 3 games (all if you're counting Ho-Oh and Lugia despite being event-only)? That'd technically make HGSS redundant too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I would love to play an Emerald remake way before a yellow remake. Emerald was my 2nd pokemon game as a child so it means more to me than a game that i played after i had been playing pokemon for awhile, such as yellow.

If they do a remake for any of the games, i really hope they include the pokemon walking behind the character, that was really cool. Also, i want a game where they do all regions in one game as well, that would be the ultimate pokemon game.

Back