• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HM 10: Hyper Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshinti

Dragon Master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Ooh, ooh, what if there was an HM which could just destroy any wall tiles in the game. That would be sooooo cool!

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Ooh, ooh, what if there was an HM which could just destroy any wall tiles in the game. That would be sooooo cool!

There would be no boundries in the game, people could easily go off the map into the border then to glitchy places. So no. Plus people could go through the game super fast...

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Yeah... unless they were walls that were made for that... like Strength Boulders... otherwise, well, what Coolboyman said.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Once you bypass the map boundaries, you're free to explore, however the maps get more and more glitchy as you proceed. Unless specific areas were designed for this (such as a hidden pathway or a cave), you can potentially mess up things in the game.

So, no. Coolboyman is an expert ROM hacker, and he's pretty much right, having used Hex Editors to edit the programming. I tried this a bit as well, and the maps got extremely glitchy. If you want to do something like this, just input a Walk-Through-Walls code in your emulator.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
    Cool! that would be quailty!

Walking past trees off the map into the land of non exsistance and your character freezing then disaparing into the void of frozen fuzzyness.

yeah...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Maybe if you had this in a hack, with a storyline then I could accept this but, I cannot so...

*Locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back