• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hm moves in wifi battles

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This isn't HGSS-specific so I'll move to PGC then.

I personally also use Surf and Waterfall...but I don't think any of the others have much use for wifi/Battle Frontier/subway battles.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Yeah, pretty much just Surf and Waterfall. XD My Charizard knows how to Fly, but I don't use that except in situations where I know they won't switch out and I have the type advantage. So in other words, rarely.

Years
    I have used Surf, Waterfall for wi-fi battles. they're pretty powerful moves considering. Have had a lot of luck with them so far.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    The only competitively viable moves are Surf and Waterfall because they're the standard accurate moves for Special and Physical Water-type moves. The rest of them are really just outclassed by other moves... :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've seen cut used to great effect on a Technician Persian before, and Fly is a stable for stall teams. Strength is a poor man's Body Slam...just as powerful without the paralysis chance.

Yeah, Surf and Waterfall definitely aren't the only good HM moves. They're just the two that are the least situational. XD

Back