• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hm moves

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    "This forum is NOT for Games or Trainer Card discussion."
    Yep, that was totally missed. That or you just wanted to post it anywhere.
    *Moved*

And to answer your question, I think they can be removed (I think it's in games R/B/Y or after G/S/C). Go to the move remover and they'll take out HMs.

Years
    First off, they can too. You can't do it yourself, but others can. It's called the Move Deleter. You can find them in the 3rd Generation games. If you want to know where they are, ask in the Simple Questions thread. ._.; (For reference: RSE, FR/LG, RBYGSC)

As for why trainers can't delete them...? I don't know. Maybe they were found too important for trainers to delete.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    In RSE, the Move Deleter can be found in Lilycove, east of the Department Store.

In FRLG, the Move Deleter is located in Fuschia City, right next to the Pokemon Center.

Since HM moves cannot be deleted by the trainer, it is doubly important that you DO NOT teach your regular team Pokes any of them, with the lone exception of Surf. What you need to do instead is to have a crappy Poke be your HM slave and slap all the HM moves on it. That way you don't run into this problem. In RSE, the best HM slaves are Tropius and Wailmer. Each one has the capacity to learn 5 of the HM moves. At least they are useful in some way.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Uh. Can't they be deleted in G/S/C too? Isn't there a guy in Blackthorn City that does that?

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    nikhil200 said:
    but where can we get the hm move surf ???
    In which game you talking about.. you get surf in every game.. which game would you like to know where to get it ^^

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Pokemon golds surf- In Equartek city(sp) there is a place where you have to beat these like 7 girls with all the evo's of eevee.. after you have beaten all like 7 of them talk to the guy with black on and he will give you surf..
    on ruby I kind of forgot but if I remember I will tell you

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    I remember now! Okay, when you've got your 4th badge you have to beat your dad Norman so Mr.Briney at slateport will take you back to peatleburg where you are about to battle your dad... after the defeat with your dad Wally's dad comes in the gym and will take you to his home and will soon give you SURF when you finish talking to him.. happy now??

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The only one's you can't delete HM moves from are R/B/Y. My poor Vileplume in Red...it was stuck with Cut forever :(

Years
    nikhil200 said:
    ooooooooooooooooooooooo ok
    4 words, 25 chracters please. =)
    And remember, any simple questions can be taken to the Simple Questions thread I liked to. ;D

Was there one in GSC? I honestly can't remember, and I can't find the answer anywhere else. o_o;

Ah, I hate it when I can't delete moves. o_o

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I actualy dont know why...*thinks* nope! All I do know was that I was stupid enough to make my Charizard learn all HM moves right before I was about to get Blast Burn ; ;

nikhil200

PRO GAMMER ^_^
    Years
    i started a new game in pokemon gold!!!ooo sorry because i 2 post

Last edited:

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Just so you know, HM moves can't be forgotten by replacing it with a new move. And in R/B/Y the Day Care man won't accept any Pokemon with an HM move (really irritating).

nikhil200, you're starting to go off topic. If we're talking about HMs can we please stick to the subject (sorry, I'm not being rude). Thanks.

Back