• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh or Lugia. Which is the best for you..?

Ho-oh or Lugia. Which is the best for you..?

• Total voters

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    Which is the best for you, Ho-oh or Lugia..?

For me, Lugia...'Cuz Lugia is the hardest to find,to catch,and to train it. Also, It has Water and Electric attacks to beat Ho-oh in a second...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    This would be more fitting in the Other Pokémon Games forum, since Lugia and Ho-Oh are pretty much present in every game now, not only GSC.

~moved~

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    I'd say Lugia. Because in Pokemon Crystal version, whenever you used aeroblast with him the music changes and sounds really cool.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
    Aero Blast ftw

Amen.

Anyway, same here, I like Lugia better because for one, it's not so overdone, and secondly it's very cool, sleek and aerodynamic-looking. Which I like. It's also very powerful, and it looked so awesome attacking in the 2nd movie.
    Which reminds me...Ho-oh is overdue to star in a movie now isn't it? :\

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Lugia ftw! Lugia is obviously the more defensive one of the two, and even though Ho-oh can really hurt Kyogre and Groudon trying to switch in, Lugia has very much fun Toxishuffling shizzle and walling stuff. Having a Pokémon with Spikes on your team makes Lugia even happier because Spikes + Toxic + Whirlwind = something incredibly schmexy. Plus, Lugia looks better than Ho-oh, too.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Ah! No Ho-oh supporters :'(. Anyway, I'd choose Ho-oh, because just like archer said, it's one the best sweeper Pokemon out there. I like Lugia but it's been too dramatised. Plus, Ho-oh looks great with its rainbow wings and golden aura, plus its Sacred Fire is just awesome. I don't really care if Lugia would beat it in battle, Ho-oh is just, well, pretty and best.

Frozen_Itachi

The Underworld ******
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    I like Ho-oh, it has colorful feathers and when ever Ho-oh flies, he flies over a rainbow (I like rainbows)... Ho-oh is more colorful than Lugia and I like Fire moves than Water moves...

Quil

Me
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    Lugia Rules!
    Water--->Fire
    Fire<--Water

xD
    Spoiler:

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Well the G/S/C pokemon has never been my favourite but if i had to choose id probably select Ho-Oh as i owned Gold version back when these games were released.

~Kipper~

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    As you can probably tell by my sig and avatar, I'm a Lugia fan. I don't hate Ho-Oh - I think they are both powerful, awesome legendaries. However, I'm sticking with Lugia because of the most vivid memory I have of being a kid (and loving it)- Pokemon 2000. :cheeky:

EDIT: And guys, even though Lugia is the guardian of the sea, it's not the water-type. Yes, it learns a few water moves, but it's only Psychic/Flying. Just FYI...

Back