• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh vs Lugia

Ho-oh

• Ho-oh

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • Lugia

Votes: 51 59.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    Ho-oh would win, because...Lugia is mostly water and flying type moves. Have you seen a Ho-oh with the move thunder? It's a beast with that single move. If Ho-oh used that on Lugia, he would faint. But, Lugia can also learn that move, so I think that it would be a tie of some sort if those two fought, and I also like Ho-oh's design more than Lugia's, but I've always liked Lugia better.

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    Anime Wise:
    Lugia-Guardian of the Sea(Could hide or Fire attacks from sea rendering Ho-oh's Attacks Ineffective)
    Game Wise: Still Would Be Lugia.

Shiiny Pikachu

SUPER AWESOME SHINY PIKACHU
    Years
    Lugia would easily defeat Ho-Oh with his water type moves since Ho-Oh is a fire type. So Lugia wins.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Lugia is a monsterous legend, it pwns Ho-oh the flying turkey.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    XD-1 (aka Shadow Lugia) will win because he has better D/SD & is super effective against all types.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    Ho-Oh!

When I was little and the originals came out I was in love with Lugia. Now I'm 16 and I really like Ho-Oh, it's just so glamorous looking. It's like a dragon/bird [as described by characters in the game] and it's shiny. Also it's attracted to the Rainbow Wing, which is sexy looking.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    Just because lugia has some moves that are to its advantage doesnt mean he would win. and just because he looks cooler than ho-oh to someone doesnt mean he would win either. I'm not on any of the sides but i just think that your looking at this wrong, a fire type can overcome a pokemon with water moves. and plus lugia wouldnt be able to go underwater because he isnt a water type. In my opinion it would be an epic battle and i would love to see it. but i think it would just result in a tie or they would kill each other. and if lugia attacked ho-oh it would only give 2x the damage. but if you were to attack with rock it would be 4x the damage.

Since i have heartgold and my friend has soulsilver, i'm sure we could battle with me having ho-oh and her having lugia at the same level and i can upload the battle video. XP
    or someone else could do that

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Just because lugia has some moves that are to its advantage doesnt mean he would win. and just because he looks cooler than ho-oh to someone doesnt mean he would win either. I'm not on any of the sides but i just think that your looking at this wrong, a fire type can overcome a pokemon with water moves. and plus lugia wouldnt be able to go underwater because he isnt a water type. In my opinion it would be an epic battle and i would love to see it. but i think it would just result in a tie or they would kill each other. and if lugia attacked ho-oh it would only give 2x the damage. but if you were to attack with rock it would be 4x the damage.

Since i have heartgold and my friend has soulsilver, i'm sure we could battle with me having ho-oh and her having lugia at the same level and i can upload the battle video. XP
    or someone else could do that

Good idea! Although I still think it'd depend on what moves the trainers used.... but a video would give everyone an idea.

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
    Lugia CAN GO UNDERWATER. In fact, it can sleep in it(LOL WHALE TOO>?!?!)

Lugia is a bit more of my liking. IT'S SILVER T_T

bigguy99

Proud owner of Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Lugia. If it came to that. I mean, Lugia spends all of his(I consider Lugia a "he") time at the bottom of the ocean to protect the world from his devastating power, i. e. a slight flutter of his wings can blow apart a house, an actual flap causes a 40-day-long storm (Pokemon explanation of Noah's arc?). What does Ho-Oh do? Fly aroud Johto, waiting for the Legendary beasts to reveal a potential Legendary Master? P-shah!

Lugia wins. Hands down.

*PS--- Lugia can learn AncientPower i. e. 4x the damage to Ho-Oh (for 3 turns, anyway...).

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    Like i suggested earlier, how about someone that has a ho-oh battle someone who has a lugia and post the video of it here? we could at least get a general idea of what would happen.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I reckon Lugia would win, because it can learn water moves and it's faster than Ho-oh. I also heard it was generally the strongest one. I also like it more than Ho-oh, but so far I feel like I'm in a minority for this (I bought Soul Silver because I like Lugia, yet everyone else I know got gold for Ho-Oh.)

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    Lugia, water moves.
    I'm more of a fan of how Ho Oh looks, but there are no questions asked on who would win on a type advantage.
    Now if you had some bad AI spamming earthquake for lugia, (can it even learn that?) Ho oh would win.

Back