• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh vs Lugia

Ho-oh

• Ho-oh

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • Lugia

Votes: 51 59.3%

• Total voters

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Ho-oh vs Lugia, who will win? Me and my friend and pondering on who will win... I'm on Lugia's side while my friend's on Ho-oh's side because I got Pokemon SoulSilver and he got Pokemon HeartGold. (Actually I got both games but I play SoulSilver more. XD) So which of these do you guys think will win if both battle each other to the best they got? :3

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
    Lugia, he has the advantage of Hydro Pump and he can douse that flying turkey. My personal opinion.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Yupp, Ho-Oh would get pwned....

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
    ffff where's the ho-oh love ? D:

poor chicken need more love >:I

(i like lugia btw, just vote for ho-oh 'cause he needs MOAR love)

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    A lot of people have chosen Lugia because of the type advantage. Although, I think Ho-oh would know some sort of Dark type move to throw Lugia of it's track. So, if you haven't of guessed, I vote for Ho-oh!
    A rainbow pheonix is better than a giant lizard with hand-wings...

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    YOU KNOW WHAT LANCET SAYS?! :
    I'm not ging just for move type advantages but I pick Lugia, because Lugia is just that much cooler in my opinion. where else do you think Ho-oh got it's black eyes from?& also Lugia had always looked more like a monster swan bird or something, in a good way of course ^^. Funny how Ho-oh is considered a rainbow pokemon seeing as overall makes up four colors xD

Meta-Morph

Years
    Not to start a flame war, but....

In terms of PokeWorld Battling, Lugia could use the ocean to hide and attack Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh could know some Dark/Ghost moives, but how could hit Lugia if it was in the ocean?

Also, Ho-Oh is a flying turkey, Lugia is MUCH more creative. It's a Plesiosaur, dragon, bird, and all sorts of different stuff added to it.

Years
    =/

Guys, Ho-oh would win. He has really good Special Defenses, to block Lugia's attacks, a super high attack stat, so he can blast through Lugia's so-so defenses with STAB Brave Bird and Sacred Fire. Anyways, Hydro Pump isnt STAB, so it doesnt do as much damage as wanted. Most things in Pokemon work in theory, but not when the battles actually start. Wanna see a vid with Ho-oh pwning a Lugia?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Ho-oh. Because Ho-oh is a rainbow chicken..... But I don't really know. It all depends on what moves were being used mostly

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    Aww... Poor Ho-oh... Everyone seems tp be putting him down.
    I mean, couldn't he just boil the water until Lugia pops up like a dead fish, or something?

Ho-oh for the win!

>:D

Meta-Morph

Years
    Look, Lugia is still cooler looking than a flying rainbow turkey.

Also, if Lugia had Psychic, he would've had a better chance at winning.

Lugia would've drowned Ho-Oh by then.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    I prefer Pokémon with a watery feel to them, even if it isn't really a water type. The fact you find Lugia in water is a big reason I voted for it.

This is nothing to do with type advantages.

Back