• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh vs Lugia

Ho-oh

• Ho-oh

Votes: 35 40.7%
  • Lugia

Votes: 51 59.3%

• Total voters

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    Aww... Poor Ho-oh... Everyone seems tp be putting him down.
    I mean, couldn't he just boil the water until Lugia pops up like a dead fish, or something?

Ho-oh for the win!

>:D
    I really like Ho-oh too
    And i was just thing about ho-oh boiling the water too just befor i read the post
    It would be really funny if articuno came and froze the ocean with lugia in it.:laugh:

Arriex

aeroplane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    I pick Lugia just because it's way more cooler. xD
    I like the way you get Lugia over the way you get Ho-oh as well.
    I'd much rather go over whirlpools and a gorgeous cave than an ugly tower.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Chose Lugia.
    Basically the same Reason I'd choose Kyogre over Groudon.
    ^_^
    Hell, Thats why i got my HeartGold. Get lugia at a Higher Level, and I get to Catch Kyogre! :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Not really HG/SS Specific, plus all Pokémon comparisons fit better off in Pokémon General. So...

/moved

Giving my two cents in this though, Lugia just may have the upper hand in battle. For one a higher status in speed gives Lugia the advantage to make a move first and with Hydro Pump in its hand, it also gives it a type advantage against Ho-Oh. Then again, this is only my opinion.

Ayselipera

Ehh, I'm not really sure. Yeah Lugia has an upper hand with the speed and water moves, but Ho-oh has a high special defense that could give it an extra turn. I really don't know, that's about as much thinking as I want to do right now.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've always loved Ho-oh's design more than Lugia's, so there. :P

Seriously, Ho-oh can tank pretty much any special attack Lugia throws at it, including non-STAB'd Hydro Pump.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    In a battle situation, I'm positive that Lugia would win. Although both Pokemon have typing that don't cause disadvantages, Lugia does have the advantage of stronger water and flying based moves which should take a chunk of HP from Ho-oh.

@Timbjerr - Ho-oh still won't be able to fully tank Hydro Pump. Maybe three hits should take it out, but a fully EV'd Lugia should still be able to hit hard.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Lugia vs. Ho-oh: Reply

I think i would chose lugia, becouse i think Ho-oh is a bit bad designed. But i chose Heart gold instead of Soul silver becouse that you can get Lugia in lvl. 70 after defeating the elite four (i think) and becouse that its the game where you can get Kyogre (my fav heonn pkmn), and also ofc. becouse of the higher number of diffrent wild pokemons.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    In a battle situation, Lugia would most likely win, i would continue to write why, but then i would appear to be copying Serene Grace.

In terms of design, i much prefer Ho-Oh, people can call it a glorified chicken but that is much better than a plucked turkey/duck.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Ho-oh, is the one I want to win. so I pick Ho-oh, yeah. xD He kinda owns over Lugia, it's overrated a bit xD

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I love almost everything about Lugia. I've been a big fan of it ever since the second Pokémon movie. lol

Years
    Lugia becauz that flying rainbow turkey only now fire and flying types, while Lugia has moves like Hydro Pump and um Areoblast. That turkey for a hippy rainbow wouldnt stand a chance

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    If it was only one on one, I would say Ho-oh since it can learn things like thunder/bolt, shadow ball, and heat wave. If it was in a team though, I'd guess Lugia since Ho-oh gets its wings clipped by stealth rock :[

In terms of design, Ho-oh wins, cause Lugia looks like…I don't even know what it is. I also think Ho-oh wins in terms of moves, cause sacred fire is just awesome. 50% chance of burn is just amazing.
    Also, I personally believe that Giratina will probably do better overall when compared to Lugia. 504 HP is a scary thing to encounter.
    Also, Ho-Oh is a flying turkey, Lugia is MUCH more creative. It's a Plesiosaur, dragon, bird, and all sorts of different stuff added to it.

Opinion, but who really cares if the idea is more creative? It's a great idea, but a terrible execution. At least Ho-oh delivers on what it's supposed to be. You'd think Lugia would learn double slap with those flaps on its side.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    LOL XD Some people keep saying that Lugia got type-advantage. XD It's not true! DX Lugia is Psychic/Flying, not Water/Flying! DX I wish he was though... x:

I personally like Lugia's design better mainly because I prefer dragon-like Pokemon than bird-like ones. And also that I like cool colours than warm colours but you know, that's just me. XD

And also, why did my poll question just say 'Ho-oh' and not 'Ho-oh vs Lugia'? I either messed up or someone changed it. XD Can someone change it to 'Ho-oh vs Lugia'? O:

Years
    =/

Guys, Ho-oh would win. He has really good Special Defenses, to block Lugia's attacks, a super high attack stat, so he can blast through Lugia's so-so defenses with STAB Brave Bird and Sacred Fire. Anyways, Hydro Pump isnt STAB, so it doesnt do as much damage as wanted. Most things in Pokemon work in theory, but not when the battles actually start. Wanna see a vid with Ho-oh pwning a Lugia?

All of this is true. I'd choose Ho-oh any day, as long as no Stealth Rock is on the field :V

Back