• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ho - Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Randall

Grandmaster Trainer
Years
  • Ho - Oh. A tricky Pokemon. I have been trying to catch him for over 3 months roughly. No luck in catching him/her. I need advice. My party consists of:
    Snorlax - Level 56
    Typhlosion - Level 73
    Dratini - Level 23
    Doduo - Level 28 *Doduo is for the Fly Move only*
    Chinchou - Level 40
    Shiny Gyrados - Level 31
    Any advice? Hints? I need urgent help. To the fastest extent.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Have at least 30 ultra balls and mix in a premier ball, great ball, and regular pokeballs. Weaken him as much as possible and just keep throwing balls. Worked for me in like 45 mins.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2014
    Fight it at night and use dusk balls, worked for me catching him in heartgold :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If your Snorlax has Thick Fat, when you're done weakening it, send it out and let it take the Sacred Fire attacks, as long as you avoid burns. And, like the above posters said, use Dusk Balls during the night.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Dusk balls at night is the best sort of ball to go with, really.

Also any sort of status effect on it will help improve the chances of catching it, although paralysis is the easiest generally (sleep and freezing are the most effective but they are only temporary). You'll also need some plain old luck because legendary Pokemon are (generally - looking at you Dialga/Palkia/Reshiram/Zekrom!) very hard to catch.

Ask questions in the Help thread sticky at the top of this section the next time you have a question please. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back