• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Elite Four Rematch

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • Hoenn's Elite Four is one of few that doesn't change, no matter how many times you beat them. Unlike in FireRed and LeafGreen, they all keep the same Pokémon with the same moves and are at the same level. Would've you liked the Elite Four to have different Pokémon the second time around? What Pokémon, moves, levels would've you liked to have seen?

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Well everybody likes variety and it would've made the game more challenging and fun if they would've thrown in some different Pokemon,with different movesets,and higher levels but they didn't:-( Overall the games were good but the elite 4 was the olny thing that gave me a dull impression due to the fact that they didn't change if you beaten them olny 1 time or 100 times.[/SIZE]

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
    Years
  • Honestly, I would have preffered them all to change slightly. Usually, I like to challenge the elite four again after I train my pokemon to the same level as the champion's and use as little items as possible. Sadly, I couldn't do that in my favorite region. I think it's because they had the battle frontier, so they didn't see a need for it at the time.

I would have thought that Sydney gets to use his Zangoose. His team was diverse enough, I guess, but I always saw that as his signature pokemon. He could have at least switched Crawdaunt for Sharpedo--less defense, but faster.

I expected Phoebe to switch out one of her Dusclops or Bannette for a Shedinja. Though it has the lowest base stats of all pokemon, it's still a good pokemon to use against people who may not know how to defeat its ability, Wonder Guard.

I don't know what to say for Glacia. The only other ice pokemon indiginous to Hoenn in the game was Regice, and the Elite Four doesn't use legendaries. Her team was about the best that could be done, I think.

The same for Drake. The only other dragon type to get was Dragonite, who is not naturally accessible in Hoenn. Hoenn didn't have the widest variety in pokemon to be used for diversity, I'm reluctant to admit.

Wallace was fine, in terms of his team set up. Not a single cloned pokemon, since Hoenn introduced an influx of water types, and there were already a lot before. A good percent of the region is ocean, anyways.

Steven is my favorite of them all, but I do have a problem whenever I see his team. He should have had a Mawile instead of Claydol. I can understand Armaldo and Cradily, since he's into fossils and stones (hence his name), but I see Claydol as more of a filler pokemon if they had already run out of steel types. Despite Mawile's, ah, immature stats, if it had been my choice, I would have put it in Claydol's stead, rematch or not. The same for during the fight in Meteor Falls in Emerald.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The fact that FRLG had E4 rematches which was releases before Emerald makes me wonder why they didn't include them into Emerald, it would have been a great addition!

I would see it being something like this:

Sidney - Mightyena Lv. 64, Shiftry Lv. 64, Umbreon Lv. 66, Sharpedo Lv. 65, Cacturne Lv. 64, Crawdaunt Lv. 67

Phoebe - Banette Lv. 64, Sableye Lv. 65, Misdreavus Lv. 65, Shedinja Lv. 66, Gengar Lv. 67, Dusclops Lv. 68

Glacia - Dewgong Lv. 65, Jynx Lv. 66, Piloswine Lv. 66, Lapras Lv. 67, Walrein Lv. 68, Glalie Lv. 69

Drake - Gyarados Lv. 68, Flygon Lv. 69, Dragonite Lv. 69, Altaria Lv. 71, Kingdra Lv. 70, Salamence Lv. 72

Wallace - Starmie Lv. 71, Ludicolo Lv. 73, Slowking Lv. 73, Wailord Lv. 72, Politoed Lv. 73, Milotic Lv. 75

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • The fact that FRLG had E4 rematches which was releases before Emerald makes me wonder why they didn't include them into Emerald, it would have been a great addition!

I would see it being something like this:

Sidney - Mightyena Lv. 64, Shiftry Lv. 64, Umbreon Lv. 66, Sharpedo Lv. 65, Cacturne Lv. 64, Crawdaunt Lv. 67

Phoebe - Banette Lv. 64, Sableye Lv. 65, Misdreavus Lv. 65, Shedinja Lv. 66, Gengar Lv. 67, Dusclops Lv. 68

Glacia - Dewgong Lv. 65, Jynx Lv. 66, Piloswine Lv. 66, Lapras Lv. 67, Walrein Lv. 68, Glalie Lv. 69

Drake - Gyarados Lv. 68, Flygon Lv. 69, Dragonite Lv. 69, Altaria Lv. 71, Kingdra Lv. 70, Salamence Lv. 72

Wallace - Starmie Lv. 71, Ludicolo Lv. 73, Slowking Lv. 73, Wailord Lv. 72, Politoed Lv. 73, Milotic Lv. 75
    I agree with this.

Although FR/LG came out after R/S, they could've implemented this into Emerald. I found the E4 in Emerald too easy. If I could wipe the floor with them using my Swampert LV 100, then obviously it needed a boost. The entire E4 got beaten to a pulp including the Champion without taking damage.

Had they done such an upgrade to the E4, it might have actually posed a challenge.

Years
  • Yeah, especially with all the repeat Pokemon like Dusclops and Sealeo, some variety would've been nice. And higher levels too would've been appreciated. My Rayquaza could've gotten to 100 must faster.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I hated that they already had so many repeat Pokemon, but I mean, it's not like there was much variety in-game at that point. So yeah. They did what they could I suppose, and even with Emerald adding in Johto Pokemon to the Safari Zone, there still wasn't really anything in there that the E4 used. Hopefully with remakes, these flaws can be corrected. But even in previous generations, some E4 had repeat Pokemon. They shouldn't pick types for the E4 when there aren't enough types of that Pokemon for them to have a non-repeating team, you know? Flint in DP comes to mind. Why have a Fire E4 with only one Fire type he was capable of having? Silly. But that's off track.

I wish they had heightened their levels for rematches though, yes. They did it for FRLG and, if I'm not mistaken, not with Emerald, despite being released after FRLG. You would think they'd add it, but they didn't to my recollection. Oh well. :(

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • After playing other games and witnessing their Elite Four, I must say, I was slightly let down. All the other games have increased levels when rematching the E4, yet Hoen doesn't.

I hope in the remake that they implement level increases up into the mid 85's to truly pose a threat.

Back