• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoi/Hello/Hola

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Hoi! Ik Heet Tyler. But if you Don't speak Dutch, My Name is Tyler. I'm just the average College student, but I've loved playing pokemon since I was a little kid. But, to be honest, I don't like the newer generations. My favorite Generation of Pokemon is 3rd, favorite Game is Emerald, and favorite Pokemon is Grovyle.

Other than that, I live in the Southern Tier of New York, Am a Computer Engineering major, and I speak English, Dutch, and whatever I remember of high school Spanish... I'm always interested in playing some of the GBA games online, and Im starting to play Diamond on my computer as well (I have a touch screen, so it helps)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Tyler, yes? Looks like your name is a bit familiar to me, or maybe it's just me. Btw, 3rd gen is one of my fave generations. Hi Tyler, and I'm sure you like to visit Advance Generation Games in here. I think... I wonder did you interested in Pokemon hacks? Emulation & ROM Hacking section is here just for that!

Welcome to PC, and have a great time!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    I haven't been active on anything pokemon for a few years, so I doubt I will look fimiliar, but Tyler is a pretty common name... I have looked at the Emulation forum, and actually have posted in there already. I don't hack too much, I tend to play legit. I'll make myself home in few days time, who knows I might actually turn out to he helpful xD

Years
    Hey there Tyler, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure to meet you! {:3}

Looks like my good friend Windy has pointed you in the correct directions around here based off of your interests :) and like you, my favorite games are from the 3rd generation because they feature thorough graphics and are old enough in this day and age IMO to be considered nostalgic n_n

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules here so that you stay out of trouble! The last thing we want to see from new members here is them getting an infraction just for breaking a small rule ;_;

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (they're the users with the bold usernames), and they'd be glad to help you out at any point in time! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! You're more than welcome to chat with me if you want to, feel free to leave me a visitor message or a private message! ^_^

Years
    Hello and welcome to PC!

Wow, Computer Engineering? Awesome! I was thinking of majoring in that once, but now my major is Digital Media. Anyway, we have a ton of cool stuff for you to check out! Since you like the games, check out our General Pokemon Gaming section, where you can chat about all the games from Red/Blue/Yellow to White and Black 2! This also includes the spinoff games as well!

Also be sure to check out our new section dedicated to the upcoming 3DS games X and Y! There you can chat and speculate about the games. These games look awesome! The new Pokemon are so cool, and the new features available are great! I totally recommend picking up a 3DS if you don't have one to get these games in October!

Also, since you like Computers, check out our Technology and Internet section too! You can chat about your favorite programs and all that good tech stuff!

If you need anything do not hesitate to ask!

What's up Tyler, a big welcome to ye! Don't mind me, just feeling a bit like a pirate today, hehe.

I'm in college, too. It's a pain in the butt and I'm entering my fifth year at the end of August. Sadly I changed my major a year into my studies so I'll probably need one more semester to graduate.. but at least I'm close. :) If all goes well I'll be done by winter 2013. Computer engineering seems tough, but you seem like a smart dude so you can do it! How has that been going so far? By the way, I'm in New York too, so that's pretty cool. There are so many great schools here and you're lucky to be able to get involved in that!

But aww, personally I don't think the newer generations are bad, but to each their own. There are people here who prefer the earlier generations and that's perfectly fine. You are pretty awesome for being a fan of Emerald though so you've earned yourself a cookie; it's one of the best generations we have in my opinion. Hoenn might have been the "odd one out" when it comes to the graphics style but it was just so addicting and the tropical designs of the Pokemon made it all the better. Treecko is my favorite starter from the bunch. :D; There are many other cool Pokemon there, like Flygon, Milotic, Zangoose, Absol, Banette... you have to stop by the Advance Generation Gaming board, as already suggested! We welcome any big fans there and it could use more new faces. Seems like the third generation is quite popular around the boards from what I noticed.

Hope you have an awesome time here and see you around! Be sure to let us know if you need anything. You've got some really good English as well - kudos to you, great to be bilingual. I can speak both English and Russian but have learned a bit of French and Japanese, though not enough to speak in a conversation yet. :( Hopefully soon!

Anyways, a great pleasure meeting you and be sure not to disappear! Hope you stick around forever and ever!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes~ I'll be sure to check everything out, and get more involved. I wish I had kept one of my old DS Lites, but My games were beat to high hell... Anyway, hope to see you all around. I've started playing Diamond on the computer, and thanks to a plugin, I do have WFC, so I'll make sure to hang out with everyone later on...

Hope you have an awesome time here and see you around! Be sure to let us know if you need anything. You've got some really good English as well - kudos to you, great to be bilingual. I can speak both English and Russian but have learned a bit of French and Japanese, though not enough to speak in a conversation yet. Hopefully soon!
    Yea, English is actually my first language Dutch being my second. I don't remember much Spanish, but I want to re-learn it before I apply for the Disney College Program. My brother is learning German and Japanese, although I'm not sure how long he can keep a conversation...

(Hmm... I know I can't post url's until 15 posts, but the Similies are counting as url's, so I post any...)

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
    Years
    Computer Engineering major? Sweet I'm a Comp. Sci. major myself. And you're new here, just like me.

Let's be best friends.

Back