• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy cow 0_o

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    just quoting my response i left in the comments area of that video

WHAT THE HELL MAN??! ISN'T THAT LIKE ABUSE OR SOMETHING????!!!
    AND SECOND HOW THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN/WORK???!!!!

i tell you, the tv show really needs better ideas.
    alas i have an even worse pokemon vid to share\ash and brock? WTF!!!!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I can't find a video of it but the most unfair thing was what Ritchie did. His Butterfree used Sleep Powder on Pidgeotto and that counts as a win.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    odd, i have seen this episode. but its not exactly cheating. or is it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    This is what happened in ash's wonderland..

i wonder if there is a "Why ash is stupid" thread on pokecommunity :)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, it worked, so he wasn't exactly being stupid :P A cheap win, yeah, but it still worked

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    I think the most ridiculous thing here is that they're still calling it "Thunder".

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Swellow has the ability Guts so that could explain why Swellow survived that attack since this specific Pokémon has been shown to not go down so easily. Also, that could be the animé's way of showing that ability's effect when in Paralysis so it's not out of the realm of possibilty. Think about it.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Vid on First Post-

...really? That's really... stupid. I can't do that in the game. <_< But ash can because he's special, right?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    This should be in that "WTF?!" thread...

Lol. Utimate proof the anime =/= games. Thunder Armor? Really? I never really got to watch that ep but now that I know how it went down....

"With Pokemon you can't predict anything!"
    With the Pokemon anime, anyway....

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Wait, wait, wait. Hold. The. Phone. Forget the logic fail here. Tate's a GUY!?

Years
    Swellow has the ability Guts so that could explain why Swellow survived that attack since this specific Pokémon has been shown to not go down so easily. Also, that could be the animé's way of showing that ability's effect when in Paralysis so it's not out of the realm of possibilty. Think about it.
    Isn't Paralysis usually shown as struggling to move while random sparks are coming off the pokemon? Also, isn't Guts shown as a more... drastic increase in power, with glowing red eyes?

I wish that the anime would make it's "OMG AWESOME" strategies a bit more believable and less contrived. I wasn't impressed or entertained when I watched this, I just sat there thinking "...really? They're really having Pikachu use Thunder on a bird pokemon? Ugh, this freaking show. *facepalm*"

Back