• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy Type Pokemon

Which of these new types would be the best?

• Holy

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Wood

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Wind

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
But it doesn't explain why light types are psychic
Even so, why would they made dark types in the first place? Why won't they made another name to balance up against psychic?

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
Years
There are no light-types. There will probably never be light-types because there's no need for them.

Think, if you will, that a Psychic holds massive amounts of energy within its mind. The Dark-type absorbs this energy while the steel type has dulled its mind to the Psychic influences. Besides, there are no other types that wouldn't sound halfway farfetched.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
All three of those types blow, especially Wood and Wind.

Wood is entirely covered by Grass. Grass really should've been named Plant. I think it was originally, but I'm not sure.
It'd be nothing more than a physical-based version of Grass.

Wind is entirely covered by Flying, especially since attacks such as Gust and Aeroblast are all Flying type.
And Wind would just be a Special-type version of Flying if it did exist.

Of those three, Holy is the most likely of them. Before you say, "N0 iT w00d b3 t3h LITE type inzt3d cUz 0f DARK!!!1!1!1!11", you should know that in the Japanese version, Dark was called Evil ("Aku" to be exact, but if I remember right that translates to Evil).
And what's the opposite of Evil? Well, Good. But a "Good-type" would sound even lamer than Wind and Wood, so the closest thing would be Holy. Though, it probably would end up as Light in the American version...

As for a type that might actually be likely to exist--try Sound. Levitate isn't the only "blocks a certain type of attacks" ability--there's Soundproof, and also Cacophony (the unused ability, which does the same thing). If Sound was made into an actual type, these would probably shift to blocking Sound-type attacks, rather than "sound-based" ones.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
Years
Hmm... shadow pokemon in multiplayer, anyone? Also, I like the light type... lights up the darkness. It would make sense. I'm sticking to my shadow pokemon idea though. Imagine using XD001 in a DS battle.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
Years
Benpokemaster said:
...to bad you can't purify it...

Huh? Can't purify it? Yes you can.

EDIT: Bet your Kyogre wouldn't stand a chance against my Lv. 80 Jirachi. Yes, I got it from the Bonus Disk, not an Action Replay.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2006
and my level 99 mewtwo ?yeah ,he can kick all you're asses .

WOOD=GRAS
SUDOWUDO IS A ROCK THAT PREVENTS TO BY A TREE !

why don't they just make snor as a type ?that would fit snorlax and munchlax .

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Hitmonlui----gi said:
and my level 99 mewtwo ?yeah ,he can kick all you're asses .

WOOD=GRAS
SUDOWUDO IS A ROCK THAT PREVENTS TO BY A TREE !

why don't they just make snor as a type ?that would fit snorlax and munchlax .
You know that this is against the rules to post to something more than a year old. But I shouldn't be talking but still. Can a Mod post a new rule stating as a choice to set your Threads to last month or ealier.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
That was really, really spammy. And don't reply to old threads.
*LOCKED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back