• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy Type Pokemon

Which of these new types would be the best?

• Holy

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Wood

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Wind

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattokun

Haruka ga daisuki desu
Years
  • datriot said:
    What about the type sound, there are lots of sound-based moves and some pokemon are even resistent to sound-based moves!

Makes sense to me. Even so they'd have to add a few more pokemon to make the type group bigger. Also they could change some, like the jigglypuff family for example, to sound type like the magnemite family change to steel/electric in G/S/C

Black Lotus

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
    Years

• But, umm..how can you argument which types are weak and which resistant to Sound-type monsters o.O And Holy is not the same as a religion, Final Fantasy has the "Holy" spell, and it does not refer to anything religional o.O

Mattokun

Haruka ga daisuki desu
    Years
  • BlackLotus said:

But, umm..how can you argument which types are weak and which resistant to Sound-type monsters o.O And Holy is not the same as a religion, Final Fantasy has the "Holy" spell, and it does not refer to anything religional o.O

People would take it and twist it to be religious. It's just safer to call it "light" but be the same thing.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • not necessarily. many games have holy types, and no one cares. I think they would choose light because light vs. dark, but holy would not offend religions at all.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I don't really think there should be new types if nintendo wants a new type why not take the Unknown type and make more moves for it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Dark Penguin said:
    not necessarily. many games have holy types, and no one cares. I think they would choose light because light vs. dark, but holy would not offend religions at all.
    MY religion would find it sacreligous. It's all in how you interpret holy. Either A) Coming from the heavens from an ominpotent being, or B) Being good, virtuous, and in all manners pleasent.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Dark Penguin said:
    not necessarily. many games have holy types, and no one cares. I think they would choose light because light vs. dark, but holy would not offend religions at all.
    Which were cast by white mages. Which are clerics. Which are priests. Which is religious. But thats beside the point.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • As mentioned before:

Wood= Grass
    Wind= Flying
    Virus (If meant in the disease sort of way)= Poison
    Virus (If meant in computer sort of way)= Too narrow. Only Porygon truly fits, and how many virtual Pok?mon do we want running around?
    Sound= That's good, but how would it mix in with all the other elements?
    Crystal= Hmmm... good Vs. Steel, Rock....what else is there?
    Mysterious= What the heck will it do?
    ???= Same as Mysterious

Holy: All good, just call it Light instead.
    Strong Vs: Dark, Ghost.
    Weak Vs: Ground(gets shut out), Grass (Absorbs it), Steel(No effect)

And here's my own little idea for light: Effective against Water and Ice in a Damage over Time fashion. Water slowly evaporates when exposed doesn't it? And Ice melts in Light.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I think there are already some Pok?mon that could be classified as Crystal:
    Porygon(2) : These two look pretty crystalline.
    Star(yu/mie) Their bodies look pretty crystalline, but don't get me started about the "cores." (although Psychic would have to be cut from Starmie)
    Sableye: This one already has two types, but it has gems all over it. I don't know about this one.

Also, Wind can't always mean Flying. Imagine an entity that can control the atmosphere from the ground.(sounds like a Wind/Psychic... "Psyclone?" :P )

Wood shouldn't be a type. Maybe a special ability called something like "Wooden Armor" that give Grass-types stronger Defense in bad situations (I think the games call it, "...in a pinch.")

I think Light is better than Holy, because such attacks would be about more than religion. (Attacks like Flash, maybe?) I think Light covers more ground than Holy. The way I see it:
    Holy=Religion
    Light=Religion & Illumination

I think a good point was made here.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • i would say light solely because of light/dark. plus that would allow for moves like flash and light screen and all those. i still don't like crystal or wood or those small ones, though. just too small.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Hmm,holy nah it would get in Nintendo's way.Which could cause probloms.

Wind,just doesn't seem right i mean you can't have a pokemon made of wind can you.XD.

But wood would be the most logic in my opinion because you can have a pokemon made from wood eg,Sudowoodo.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • OK, let's see my point of view!

Crystal, awwww... no!!! And the ideas of Pok?mon you're including, meh....!
    Crystal could be an atribute, somethin that make them super rare (like shinies), and also make them have special attacks, even through they are the same Pok?mon as their equals (ok, not equals, same species).

Wood, grass, Sudowoodo!

Light/Holy, Holy is a bit religious as everyone said! Maybe some Pok?mon like Togepi, Togetic, etc... and attacks and abilities changed to fit well in: Chlorophyll, double speed when sunlight and after the cast of a light type move!! Good idea, no!!

Sound is good idea!! Change some Pok?mon, that don't include neither Voltorb or Electrode!! And some attacks!!!

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • OK, let's see my point of view!

Crystal, awwww... no!!! And the ideas of Pok?mon you're including, meh....!
    Crystal could be an atribute, somethin that make them super rare (like shinies), and also make them have special attacks, even through they are the same Pok?mon as their equals (ok, not equals, same species).

Wood, grass, Sudowoodo!

Light/Holy, Holy is a bit religious as everyone said! Maybe some Pok?mon like Togepi, Togetic, etc... and attacks and abilities changed to fit well in: Chlorophyll, double speed when sunlight and after the cast of a light type move!! Good idea, no!!

Sound is good idea!! Change some Pok?mon, that don't include neither Voltorb or Electrode!! And some attacks!!!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Hmm Holy Type, NO
    Wood Type is like wanna be Grass, NO
    Wind NO

Unless your Jesus Christ Ruler of the Universe there will be no holy type :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back