• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy Type Pokemon

Which of these new types would be the best?

• Holy

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Wood

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Wind

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • They can't afford any new types. A new type would mean severe dis/advantages to other types. Like if they did make a, I don't know, Wind Pokemon, chances are Flying types would be weak against it. And with new types come new pokemon, but old pokemon would have to be modified into this new type, which would ruin a whole game. Gold/Silver is lucky that the game went smoothly along with the types and pokemon.

deoxys2000

deoxys master
    Years
  • wind-yeah i dont get it
    wood-sorta get it
    light-the next popular type that could happen
    virus-cool, some1 like deoxys or they could make an amoeba like thing.
    diamond/crystal-a little 2 weird, but still a good idea
    i guess that's it because every1 took my idea

Ninetales9

9-tailed Fox
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NYC
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    don't u guys know that they already announced there will be no new types in D/P?pichu just said it

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    Holy is lame and will get in Nintendo's way.

Wood is like grass. Lame.

Wind is like flying. Lame.

Nintendo CONFIRMED there will be no new types. So why are we making new ones?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Ridley-X4 said:
    Holy is lame and will get in Nintendo's way.

Wood is like grass. Lame.

Wind is like flying. Lame.

Nintendo CONFIRMED there will be no new types. So why are we making new ones?
    Well, Game Freak didn't confirm that they won't be adding new types when this thread was made...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 28, 2005
    I'd Like Cyber type for D/P that would be awsome. It would be good for Porygon and Porygon2

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    That is.....also lame. It's like a combo of Psychic and Electric. Also read my previous post.

Years
  • Cyber is Steel and Electric combined. That would be stupid. Sound is pretty good, though. There are already a handful of Pok?mon and moves that would fit in that category (Whismur for example).

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I like virus but instead its more like Digital or Computer so it can be good and bad

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • I think if there is dark types, there should be light.

I know why dark types came, but why not other types to be immune against psychic? That's what I like to know.

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    Psychic IS the Light type.

THERE'S NO NEW TYPES YOU IDIOTS!!!! READ THE FREAKIN' POST!!!!

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
  • Why isn't there a light type?

The Dark and Steel types were created for basically two reasons. One was to add more flexibility to the game. The second was to nuke the INSANELY powerful RBY Psychic types. I'm sure some of you remember the first Pokemon Colosseum where it took SIX Pokemon to defeat the insanely powerful Mewtwo. The Steel type and especially the Dark Type were created in order to counter that flaw. That's why Steel has a resistance to Psychic and Dark has an immunity. And note, NEITHER of those two types are good at attacking.

Not only that, but look at the Pokemon that have that typing. The poster children for Dark: Umbreon, Tyranitar, and Houndoom. Umbreon has NO attacks, but incredible defenses. It's also weak against the type that has around TWENTY-TWO attack moves not counting Seismic Toss. Tyranitar is a Pseudo-Legendary, but its Special Attack Power is not phenomenal, and like most Dark-types, it relies mainly on its superior attack power. Absol can attest to this. Anything that isn't Psychic or Ghost will not take all that much damage from a Crunch, even with STAB. And Houndoom (and also Sharpedo), the only Pokemon that CAN do tons of damage with Crunch, has such pathetic defenses that it's TwoHKO'd by almost anything that has attack power.

There won't be a light type until Dark becomes broken, and because Dark is such a sad attacking type, that isn't very likely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back