• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoopa

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the sixth generation games, there's an event Hoopa that you are given a Prison Bottle for from some mysterious NPC. This allows Hoopa to become Hoopa Unbound, and it becomes colossal in size. It also goes from being Psychic/Ghost to Psychic/Dark in this form. Hoopa will revert back to its confined form after three days have passed since becoming Unbound.

Did you obtain Hoopa in the Gen VI games? What did you think of it? I find Hoopa okay, but... meh. I won't miss it in SW/SH.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I got the code, downloaded it and stashed it in my PC box. Never used out outside of Pokemon Showdown

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I downloaded a Hoopa from one of the distributions in the Gen VI era, although I can't remember which event it was from. I never used Hoopa, however. I don't typically use Mythical Pokemon from events in general.

pkmin3033

I got a couple of Hoopa when they were distributed via code, just to have them. I don't like Hoopa's design - either of them - but honestly I think it could and should have been worked into ORAS' postgame somehow, since all the dimensional holes were Hoopa rings. Having it as a secret endgame encounter after getting all of the Legendaries and closing its portals would have been cool, but...alas, Game Freak have never been cool when it comes to event legendary distribution or implementation. It took them years to get Deoxys in the games properly, for crying out loud. Eh. At least it got a better movie than Diancie did I guess!

Back