• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hopeless Pokémon Editor [alpha]

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Will this tool be the most easier Pokemon Expander for FireRed?
    Because i just can't use G3HS one.. it crashes everytime i even try to click the feature ;_; ..
    Anyway, this looks really clean and pretty, i'll be waiting for it <3

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hey all... Just posting to say that I've officially stopped working on the tool for the time being (if that wasn't obvious). I haven't had the motivation to work on this and the source code is a mess which makes getting back into it difficult.

Nevertheless I'd rather not see this go to waste so I'll upload the source code and a working 'alpha' release with all the basic features as depicted in the screenshots.

EDIT: Source code and download uploaded. Check first post.

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    Hello, I am using your tool and whem I load my rom, there's a pop-up saying Index was outside the bounds of the array. I had repointed some pointers and read the ROM file, it says that upon loading the rom at first, the program will generate a special ini, but it does not. Then, if I want to edit the ini, I need to open it with iPE, which is I don't know what it is and I had searched the tool swction and found nothing.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello, I am using your tool and whem I load my rom, there's a pop-up saying Index was outside the bounds of the array. I had repointed some pointers and read the ROM file, it says that upon loading the rom at first, the program will generate a special ini, but it does not. Then, if I want to edit the ini, I need to open it with iPE, which is I don't know what it is and I had searched the tool swction and found nothing.

Upon first opening a ROM with the tool, it should create an .ini file in the same directory as the ROM file... so if you opened "FireRed.gba" then a file named "FireRed.hpe.ini" should have been created in FireRed.gba's directory. If you already had pointers changed, you should then close the tool immediately, edit this new .ini file, and then you can open the tool again and get to work.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    Upon first opening a ROM with the tool, it should create an .ini file in the same directory as the ROM file... so if you opened "FireRed.gba" then a file named "FireRed.hpe.ini" should have been created in FireRed.gba's directory. If you already had pointers changed, you should then close the tool immediately, edit this new .ini file, and then you can open the tool again and get to work.

Oh, this enlightens me now . Thanks

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
    great, i was waiting for this one
    keep having problems with the ones already out, hopefully this one works
    at least is brand new so perfectly supported (cant get any replys from the other tool makes either so...)

question, can this tool support new types?
    may be listed somehwere and i either read over it or forgot, but figured no harm in asking XD

EDIT:
    edited the ini and yes it seems to support it better then the other 2 tools that i got far enough to check, though the names dont show as they should but no matter

just an other question though, when trying to check how it works with dollsteak's patch, it comes with some message and all attacks, abilities and types are set blank (not really surprising, have this issue with g3hs as well after finally getting it to work a little, and that is with the right ini in use, so without the proper ini i should have expected this but i was hoping XD)

would you know of a way to get that patch to work with the tool as well?

(Yes i am a beginner so i may find a lot of issues that may be easy to fix for each more experienced hacker, but i am trying and who knows i may find some things that are issues, so i will report and ask each moment i notice something)

Last edited:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
    I don't have the energy to devote to this right now... as it is the program needs to be rewritten in a lot of places. I'd like to come back to it though when I can.

I see
    Bummer but i understand

Could you at least help me with how question i posted before
    About how with dollsteak patch i end up with only blank moves, abilities ad type names?

Back