• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(hopes / speculation) Alola Eeveelutions

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    What if every eeveelution becomes the type they are super effective against? Flareon becomes a Steel type. Vaporeon becomes a Rock type. Jolteon becomes a Flying type. Espeon becomes a Poison type. Umbreon becomes a Ghost type. Leafeon becomes a Ground type. Glaceon becomes a Dragon type and Sylveon becomes a fighting type.

I've tried to make this work without actually looking at the typings they would get beforehand, but for most of these the themes and traids would work out pretty well. Take Jolteon for example, just like flying type pokemon Jolteon is fast and a hard hitting glass cannon. Or perhaps the Johto duo, I don't know about you, but I can see a poison twist to Espeon and Ghost changes to Umbreon. Leafeon becoming a ground type wouldn't be so far fetch'd either.

There would still be the bug typing left as perhaps an Alola form of Eevee, even though it's not super effective the only already existing eeveelution that is super effective against bug is flareon, but it already covers steel type which non of the other already existing types can cover.

I've tried reversing it so the eeveelutions become the typing they are weak against, but that wouldn't work either, take Vaporeon for example the typings that are effective against vaporeon already exist being electric and grass. Either way this would exactly cover every single one of the 18 typings. What do you think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I doubt it'll happen, but it would be pretty awesome if it did, including making eevee itself a big type.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really don't like the idea at all. I would rather all types have a real eeveelution and not an Alolan form. It would break the purpose of Eevee having so many eeveelutions.

Eevee is the one that adapts to its surroundings, not the others. Because they have already adapted to a certain environment

Years
  • Unfortunately, it was already confirmed there will be no new Eeveelutions in 7th Gen. There was a Japanese trailer that showed an Eevee being caught and its Pokedex registration had 8 slots around it, representing its current Eeveelutions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Unfortunately, it was already confirmed there will be no new Eeveelutions in 7th Gen. There was a Japanese trailer that showed an Eevee being caught and its Pokedex registration had 8 slots around it, representing its current Eeveelutions.

I think he mean what if all of the Eeveelutions get an Alolan form opposite of them.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • This was disproven during the E3 demo by Eevee's Pokedex entry:

Eight evolutions paths for Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon.

Last edited:

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • This was disproven during the E3 demo by Eevee's Pokedex entry:

Eight evolutions paths for Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon.

It could still be possible tho, think about it.

Alola Forms are forms right (of course they are lmao)? So forms for Pokémon showing up in the Pokédex would should whichever you register first, ex. If you'd caught Shaymin in regular form, it'll show up as regular Shaymin. But if you catch Shaymin in it's sky-form, it'll register in it's sky form. Or think of Shellos, whichever you catch first shows up for it.

+ It's not like forms of a Pokémon would have a separate entry for the form, so again, it is still a possibility

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It's almost comical how Eevee is the original "adaptation" Pokémon, and yet the idea of its evolutions gaining Alola forms (forms brought about by adaptation) seems so improbable...

I don't know if I can imagine all the Eeveelutions gaining an Alola form, but due to not only the names of the games, but also due to them being more thematically-based rather than typed-based, I think Espeon and Umbreon have the best chance at getting an Alola form. I'd really love to see it. Espeon could be... I have really no clue. Flying? Just trying to think in relation to "sun- or day-based" Types. And Umbreon could be Ghost, fitting for nighttime.

I feel Eeveelutions getting Alola Forms would go against how their names usually fit their typing.

Sandshrew and Sandslash's Alola forms are Typed in a way that has nothing to do with Sand. There's bound to be some discrepancies at some point, even without Alolan Eeveelutions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What if Eeveelutions just get a second type added to them for Alolan forms ?

I personally wouldn't like that because I enjoy the theme of the Eeveelutions having a single Type. It may also ruin the possibility of the used Types gaining their own distinct Eeveelutions in the future.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • The key here is can you redesign these pokemon with a pallet swap and slightly modifying one or two traits? I'd say no for eeveelutions.

Alolan forms aren't huge variations really. Executor got a neck and tail and dragon type. Ninetails is a more whispy and white. Sandslash has ice spikes instead of normal spikes and a tiny hook to his claws.

You have to think about the visual changes needed to make the type change, and I certainly don't see them as possible for these pokemon and the types you suggest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    You have to think about the visual changes needed to make the type change, and I certainly don't see them as possible for these pokemon and the types you suggest.

Umbreon is dark and so is the ghost type. Flareon is a fire type changing into a steel type, steel is commonly associated with smithing which requires heat. Leafeon is a grass type, what does grass need to survive? Ground. For some I will agree with you they are a bit stretched like vaporeon becoming a rock type, but for most, visually it can work. take Umbreon becoming a Ghost type for example. I would imagine Umbreon keeping the sleek base design, but removing certain aspects like the yellow and adding ghost aspects in place.

That's what I would imagine for every eeveelution, the same way they did it with the ninetales and sandslash line; Keeping the base design of the pokemon, but giving them aspects associated with the assigned typings. For now as far as we know nothing is off the table when it comes to these changes. Even if it isn't related as much, I don't really see any of the other eeveelutions fit the base for a Dragon type more than Glaceon, or Jolteon tall yet slim design making it fit the flying type more than any of the other eeveelutions. Even Eevee as bug type could work, Eevee is the smallest in its evolution line naturally, overall bug types are known for being the smallest typing in the game so the bug typing would fit Eevee quite nicely.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • For some I will agree with you they are a bit stretched like vaporeon becoming a rock type, but for most, visually it can work. take Umbreon becoming a Ghost type for example. I would imagine Umbreon keeping the sleek base design, but removing certain aspects like the yellow and adding ghost aspects in place.

So what counts as ghost aspects? It's already a very low detail pokemon. You change the yellow rings to something else and there isn't much left for umbreon. How do you turn super fluffy pomeranian fox flareon into the heavy steel type? how do you, without massively altering its form, give jolteon flight?

All the eeveelutions are very simple pokemon who really don't have enough traits to be changed out for an alola form. The pokemon with the most changes is executor who is based on an alternate design lying around form the first generation. You only get to change a little bit while keeping the base design very much there. The fluf for flareon is iconic so thats staying, joleteon's spikes, glaceon's fractals, vaporeon's fins/ridges, and so on. What else is left for them to change? Because when they change the iconic part (see sandslash) its still essentially the same thing just a new element. How does fluff become steel? rings become ghost? spikes become flying?

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean with any of this. I just need a lot more reasoning before I'd think this idea has any merit. It'd also be much easier to be critical if we had more hard evidence of how alola forms will work.

Back