• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I have recovered the picture I talked about!

Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

I dunno if that's part of the event itself.. but that really makes me wonder about the follow feature. ;.;

What I read is that Celebi comes out for that event, not that it's already out. So that doesn't really point towards a better possibility of following Pokemon... :(

The Red Chain

What I read is that Celebi comes out for that event, not that it's already out. So that doesn't really point towards a better possibility of following Pokemon... :(

Darnit! XD
    I could have sworn Celebi was already out.
    It's odd how they went through the trouble of making a Zorua overworld if there is no follow feature though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I thought Charon went to jail, but I might be wrong...

Anyways, I think that if they integrated this feature, we would've already seen it. I'm pretty sure the Celebi thing is event only.

He got arrested by the Interpol Cop guy.

That's just for Celebi's event. All screen shots other than the event one only shows the trainer with no Pokemon. In HG/SS they always showed Pokemon following the trainers. If follow me system was in Black and White we'd have been shown something by now.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Darnit! XD
    I could have sworn Celebi was already out.
    It's odd how they went through the trouble of making a Zorua overworld if there is no follow feature though.

Well they always make a few overworld sprites. Like that random girl in the pokemon center with a jigglypuff? Or that guy with a pikachu? They always make some to fit some random side story or just to remind you that yes, there are pokemon here.

The Red Chain

Well they always make a few overworld sprites. Like that random girl in the pokemon center with a jigglypuff? Or that guy with a pikachu? They always make some to fit some random side story or just to remind you that yes, there are pokemon here.
    True enough, but it all still seems pointless to me.
    Other than legendary overworlds. Those are just cool. :D

The rest of the overworlds are just there to say "you can't do this lolol".
    Especially after having the follow feature then taking it away.
    Nintendo, you suck.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    True enough, but it all still seems pointless to me.
    Other than legendary overworlds. Those are just cool. :D

The rest of the overworlds are just there to say "you can't do this lolol".
    Especially after having the follow feature then taking it away.
    Nintendo, you suck.

They always take away features. As much as I loved R/S/E, when I first got saphire I was a little let down by some of the things they took out. Like animated sprites, nite/day, only one region, etc. but once I really got to playing it I learned the new features. I'm sure everyone will adapt. Plus, how did people feel after their precious pikachu no longer followed them?

The Red Chain

Plus, how did people feel after their precious pikachu no longer followed them?
    From what I recall, most people were actually happy there was no electric mousy behind them anymore. :x
    I wasn't, but the majority was from what I've read in the GB/GBC section. XD

I feel like a gerbil in an experiment.. "Let's see what happens when we take a feature away~"

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    pictures of the pokemon following the character

serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu
    hey everyone check out this webpage and tell me if you think the picture called city in the un-named areas section looks like a pokemon is following the character because to me it looks like zoroark and in the picture below titled factory there's a slugma wondering around don't get your hopes up but I still think the feature is available :)

MortyEcruteak

Pie is a color
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    Well to be honest, going from the screenshots, it seems very unlikely that it would make a return. I can imagine this is part of keeping the Follow Me feature unique to HG/SS and making B/W sort of a whole different Pokemon game altogether since it's "starting over" and given a new clean slate. I doubt it's going to have much, if anything from the past versions, unfortunately. We already know(at least, from my knowledge anyway) that we're going to have 150 completely new Pokemon, without any old Pokemon returning, so when you put two and two together, with everything being new and the Follow Me feature being introduced in Yellow version, well...

Let's just say it's just unlikely.

Umm i would like to point out this https://pkmn.net/news/pics/0710/22_evo.png Look it up on serebii too. It is an evolution of a lovedisk which means it has to include a lovedisk in the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @MortyEcruteak
    1. It's not confirmed whether it's an evolution.
    2. That doesn't relate to the follow me feature.
    3. It's spelt "Luvdisc".

On topic, regarding Pikachu in the past... I guess it wasn't as liked since there wasn't a wide range of Pokemon to choose from - you literally only had Pikachu to follow you.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but they could sure have it as an option. So you're happy if you do or don't want it.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    So,I have not been one to keep up on any of the black and white news at all because i hate all the gen 5 pokemon and i would only buy black or white for everything but the new pokemon.

So i was woundering if there was the same feature were ure lead pokemon follows u like in pokemon yellow with pikachu and SS/Hg Versions.

Years
    I am really hoping they bring this back...:/ It was the cutest feature by far. I won't be too mad if it's not in the game, but yeah it can definitely be optional. Gosh wouldn't it be so nice to see Gochiruzeru (the girlie looking psychic pokemon which I love) walking behind you?

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I wish they would bring it back, but with the release date drawing so close, the chances are slim to none, and slim has left the developer room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back