• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hoping they bring back the Pokemon follow feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

abood321

Banned
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Yes of course I hope they bring back the Pokemon follow feature it would be awesome But sadly they wont

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Its been confirmed by Serebii that pokemon B/W have removed the feature.

So no following pokemon for black and white

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Well, I'm sure most of you have seen the day-care screenshot (if not, see it >:o) and it shows you the pokemon, much the way it showed you your pokemon in the daycare in G/S/C (and similarly in Hg/Ss). So IDK if they're gonna do this for all pokemon, doubt it, but some will have overworld sprites so I think there will be areas where they can follow (amity aquare type thing?) But if they have one, I hope you can use more than 10 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well, I'm sure most of you have seen the day-care screenshot (if not, see it >:o) and it shows you the pokemon, much the way it showed you your pokemon in the daycare in G/S/C (and similarly in Hg/Ss). So IDK if they're gonna do this for all pokemon, doubt it, but some will have overworld sprites so I think there will be areas where they can follow (amity aquare type thing?) But if they have one, I hope you can use more than 10 pokemon.

We don't know if that was the trainer's Pokemon or Pokemon that were just there like in R/S/E.

Also there being overworld sprites for Pokemon in the daycare doesn't mean there is a follow me feature. Generation 3 was the first Generation with over world sprites that were for individual Pokemon. The Ferry man's Peeko the Wingull, Wild Kecleon, the various Pokemon shown in the Daycare. I believe they also showed trainer Pokemon like this if there were any that were outside their Pokeballs talking with the trainer.

This followed through to FR/LG.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • We don't know if that was the trainer's Pokemon or Pokemon that were just there like in R/S/E.

Also there being overworld sprites for Pokemon in the daycare doesn't mean there is a follow me feature. Generation 3 was the first Generation with over world sprites that were for individual Pokemon. The Ferry man's Peeko the Wingull, Wild Kecleon, the various Pokemon shown in the Daycare. I believe they also showed trainer Pokemon like this if there were any that were outside their Pokeballs talking with the trainer.

This followed through to FR/LG.

True, but see how there are only 2 pokemon and not much foliage? It reminds me of the Johto daycare, so it was just a random thought :P

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I actually stop playing Diamond and Platinum just because I love how my Pokemon follows me in HGSS.

It sucks having to go back to reality again.

I hope the option to keep them out or in is there, though seriously, I'd imagine how big Groudon will be if you're in the 3D City, won't it kills the whole city by stomping on them?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • I actually stop playing Diamond and Platinum just because I love how my Pokemon follows me in HGSS.

It sucks having to go back to reality again.

I hope the option to keep them out or in is there, though seriously, I'd imagine how big Groudon will be if you're in the 3D City, won't it kills the whole city by stomping on them?
    Certain Pokémon aren't allowed on certain maps.

The Red Chain

Certain Pokémon aren't allowed on certain maps.
    For instance, if you try to take Ho-Oh or Lugia into a Pokemon Center they vanish when you enter. Far too big to fit into a Pokemon Center. If there's a follow feature I'm sure they will apply that feature to the large Pokemon so it's still semi-realistic. XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back