• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Darn. I hate Rock-Climbing. :(
    But well, I don't really hate it when you just need to use a Key Item. So, Climbing Shoes got my vote.
    Oh, and you say Alpha 2.5. Does this means that you are skipping Public Alpha? If you does, that would be great.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Yay, update!

Should I add rock climb in DC instead of Climb shoes?
    - No, climb shoes are way faster and don't take that much time that rock climb does.

EDIT: 10 Starters o_O? Isn't it will be 9?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Manipulation deleted my post because I asked a date, but I had also left some suggestions on it, which he sadly delted as well (could have just removed that one line).

Anyways I only remember one of the suggestions-

Could you perhaps make a custom move named "Mount" that would allow you to ride specific pokemon out of battle like a bicycle. Only certain pokemon should be able to learn it (less sprite work and it makes sense) like Rapidash (because it's a horse).

Just a cool thought.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    if you can remove all hms for items the hms have to be learned to a pokemon and I only want pokemon having strong attacks but HM's aren't strong

I like HMs, they'd be fine if they weren't so weak, so how about this?:

The HMs that you do keep, make the moves stronger and more effective so that one would actually WANT some HM moves on their pokemon.

--------------------------------------------
    Suggstions for Some HM attacks:

[ROCK SMASH] Fighting Type - 80 Power (Strong fighting move, no additional effect)

[STRENGTH] Fighting Type - Boosts attack + defense one stage each (User increases it's own toughness, becoming stronger and sturdier)

[WATERFALL] Water Type - 70 Power, May flinch the foe (Foe is shocked by the sudden waterfall)

[CUT] Bug Type - 50 Power, May poision the foe (Foe is poisoned because it gets an infection from the cut)

[FLASH] Normal Type - Reduces the accusary of the foe and may cause the foe's current move to miss (if used before the foe attacks).

Last edited:

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Mitchel, this hack is just great. I mean I thought Thunder Emblem was good, but jeesh, this is great. The battle animations are tremendous, the story is just completely incredible, the scripts are astounding, and the tiles are just fantastic. I don't see how you and your team did it. I'm just marveling at this hack. This will for SURE be up with Light Platinum and Life of Guardians. Good luck with this hack!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • Thanks for all responds people, I really appriciate it ^^
    Thanks for vote the POLL, here are the +/- results from the POLL

-Rockclimb 0%
    -Can't deside 11%
    -Climb shoes 80%
    -Don't put any of them 9%

So it'll become Climb shoes, thanks for voting ^^
    Lets continue shall we?

[highlight]:...:UPDATE(Kind of xD):...:[/highlight]
    [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Alright people good news, metagross has respond and he might will come online this week for sending the (correct without glitches) DC: LoG.
    So I hope I could bring an Update a.s.a.p

Well I got 1 more POLL again, I hope you'll anwer it then I know for sure.
    Alright here we go!

[highlight]:...:POLL:...:[/highlight]
    Should I release alpha 1.0 public with only 4 hours of game play?

-No not yet, I personal like to wait and let the team test alpha 1.0 first so alpha 2.5 will has more gameplay. (7-9 hours)
    -Yes, I don't care if there is only 1 gym avaible!
    -Maybe, It might will be more fun if the game has a longer gameplay, otherwise its maybe done within 1 day.
    -Other answer.

Leave your answer or creative answer in the comment!
    Thanks for reading and understanding
    -------------------------
    Mitchel1

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • even tho im dying to play it
    -No not yet, I personal like to wait and let the team test alpha 1.0 first so alpha 2.5 will has more gameplay. (7-9 hours)
    i dont like restarting games which I would have to do when alpha 2.5 is out because im sure there would be some new stuff and bug fixes

Last edited:

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
    Years
  • I must say this is the best hack I've seen so far the backgrounds in the battles are a nice touch.

- Maybe, It might will be more fun if the game has a longer gameplay, otherwise its maybe done within 1 day.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I could get through over half the gyms in emerald in four hours, so I'm amazed that you could put that much gameplay in, but I don't think you were adjusting for speed runs. (think of how many sidequests he'd have to put in before the first gym 0_0) lol. If you weren't I definitly think you should hold off on the release but if you were I would be happy with a beta right now.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Thanks for all responds people, I really appriciate it ^^
    Thanks for vote the POLL, here are the +/- results from the POLL

-Rockclimb 0%
    -Can't deside 11%
    -Climb shoes 80%
    -Don't put any of them 9%

So it'll become Climb shoes, thanks for voting ^^
    Lets continue shall we?

[highlight]:...:UPDATE(Kind of xD):...:[/highlight]
    [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Alright people good news, metagross has respond and he might will come online this week for sending the (correct without glitches) DC: LoG.
    So I hope I could bring an Update a.s.a.p

Well I got 1 more POLL again, I hope you'll anwer it then I know for sure.
    Alright here we go!

[highlight]:...:POLL:...:[/highlight]
    Should I release alpha 1.0 public with only 4 hours of game play?

-Yes, I don't care if there is only 1 gym avaible!
    -Maybe, It might will be more fun if the game has a longer gameplay, otherwise its maybe done within 1 day.
    -Other answer.

Leave your answer or creative answer in the comment!
    Thanks for reading and understanding
    -------------------------
    Mitchel1

^^ I really want to play it, but I'd rather wait so I can have time to play it longer xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back