• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This is in the bugs section on the thread. "When you've cut a tree with aerial ace and enter a house the tree has suddenly grow back." But I'm pretty sure this happens anyway, am I right?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • This is in the bugs section on the thread. "When you've cut a tree with aerial ace and enter a house the tree has suddenly grow back." But I'm pretty sure this happens anyway, am I right?
    You mean, if you cut a Cut tree using Cut?
    Actually, they disappear permanently in that case.
    In order to fix this, mitchel1, you need to make a hidesprite LASTTALKED in the script and put a flag in the Person ID.

Years
  • Really awesome dude! i have a lot of time i dont see your hack and now im looking it and i think is one of the best hacks in pokehacking history.

See you later.

Years
  • hey why dont you post a mini beta for people wanting to play? (like me)

Not cool asking for betas... :disappoin

Something that is cool :laugh:
    Spoiler:

Made by me ^^ (But don't request me to make one for you I only do it for friends)

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • mitchel1,

I was recently looking on google for edited pokemon roms and I stumbled upon this one today. Ive read every post since #1 now and I must say that you are doing an EXCELLENT job with this. I know how hard it is to completely revamp an entire ROM, Ive tried once or twice but I lost my patience (maybe b/c i didnt have any help?) so props to you! Im excited to see more progress and cant wait for your next update! Best of luck to you my friend, oh, and sorry Im not an original follower, but I guess the saying "better late then never" fits this perfectly. I'll be sure to give you my feedback, cant wait to play!

Thanks ^^

wow, this is one of the best hacks that I've ever seen! ;)
    i like all of this game, especially the titlescreen. ^^

Thanks ^^

Je bent nog steeds geweldig in hacken :) Je graphics zijne echt geweldig.
    Ik had niet verwacht dat je nog zou hacken maar zo te zien wel hahah.
    Succes met je hack, en als je hulp nodig hebt (Ik weet dat je het niet nodig hebt, maar het gaat om het gebaar toch ;) ) laat het me weten.

Translation:
    Your hacking is still amazing :) I love the graphics.
    I didn't expect that you'd still be hacking hahah.
    Well good luck, and if you need help (I know you don't need help but it's the gesture that counts right ;) ) let me know.

Hehe bedankt, lang niet gezien satoshi, ja ik was wel van plan om te stoppen, maar ik dacht ik maak nog 1 rom-hack en dat zal ook mijn laatste en beste zijn.
    Maar bedankt voor het aanbod, maar het is niet nodig ^^

Translation:
    hehe thanks, I didn't saw you for the last couple months. Its true I wanted to quit hacking but I though, I'll make my last and best rom-hack. after this one I'll quit forever!
    But thanks for the offer but not thanks =3

Hi !! Nice hack you got there !! I hope to end it !! I found it real good ! Keep going !!! :D

Thanks ^^

I just have one queston: why are the main characters Gold and PokeRanger?

Erhmm.. well Sarola from ranger has never been used before in any other hack so it must be original. About gold when I started this hack that OW wasn't used that much so it wasn't overused. Now I see almost everybody use this same sprite :P But I don't mind, its better than use the old FR/LG sprite.

Ok, it is a perfect game!!! I can't wait to the release!!!!!

Thanks ^^

love what u did with the title & it the coolest one iv seen so far. cant wait cause this is gona be one amazing hack.

Thanks ^^

This is in the bugs section on the thread. "When you've cut a tree with aerial ace and enter a house the tree has suddenly grow back." But I'm pretty sure this happens anyway, am I right?

Well, I saw I forget to update my first post, but that grown back was from the first "Headbutt" script I made with aerial ace. I deleted it now and replaced it with the D/N headbutt script.

Really awesome dude! i have a lot of time i dont see your hack and now im looking it and i think is one of the best hacks in pokehacking history.

See you later.

Hey zein, long time not seen. how are ya? Thanks for the support =3

hey why dont you post a mini beta for people wanting to play? (like me)

No.. sorry, then the hack iwll has an small gameplay and thats what people don't want.

Not cool asking for betas... :disappoin

Something that is cool :laugh:
    Spoiler:

Made by me ^^ (But don't request me to make one for you I only do it for friends)

Hehe, thanks for that boxart =3 Its still awesome, thanks for helping me with that ^^ I add it in the front page (credits has been given under the Credit selection)

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...:[/highlight]
    [HotM August 2009] Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

So I opend an new poll previous update and let people vote for the following question:
    Shall I skip alpha 1.0 and go further to alpha 2.5?
    Well the people has voted and it came out that 96,3% wants to skip alpha 1.0!
    So it will get skipped, thanks for your vote!
    The follow updates are already been done for alpha 2.5!

Well lets contine to the updates shall we?

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]:
    Kyledove: Tiles
    Cuddlesthefatcat: Tiles

[highlight]:...:Screenshots:...:[/highlight]
    Itacis city! (WIP)

You see the hugh building? its the togepi temple! Team rocket has take it over for there evil mission! This temple also contains the second gym...

Route 602 (Random screenshots)

Check if you've finished your side quests (NEW!)

[highlight]:...:Video:...:[/highlight]:
    Today I've made an new script, I though... side quests are fun but you can finish them quike!
    So I made an chain quest! Chain quests are normale speaked an side quest that contains more than 1 mission! It could exist out for example 2, 4, 6 or 10 missions untill you've finished it! I tryed it and it worked, here is an previeuw it contains 3 difficult quests!

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfqYpkF8-mA

That was all people
    ------------------
    Mitchel1

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Updates looked really good, well beautiful. I especially liked how it tells you how many side quests you've finished, and the chain quest script looks great. It's too bad your quiting hacking after this. =/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    your hack is very well
    very original
    graphically it's great
    I hope to see more things
    your hack-rom...

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Man, you never responded to my ideas = (

Could you perhaps make a custom move named "Mount" that would allow you to ride specific pokemon out of battle like a bicycle. Only certain pokemon should be able to learn it (less sprite work and it makes sense) like Rapidash (because it's a horse).
    Suggstions for Some HM attacks:
    [ROCK SMASH] Fighting Type - 80 Power (Strong fighting move, no additional effect)

[STRENGTH] Fighting Type - Boosts attack + defense one stage each (User increases it's own toughness, becoming stronger and sturdier)

[WATERFALL] Water Type - 70 Power, May flinch the foe (Foe is shocked by the sudden waterfall)

[CUT] Bug Type - 50 Power, May poision the foe (Foe is poisoned because it gets an infection from the cut)

[FLASH] Normal Type - Reduces the accusary of the foe and may cause the foe's current move to miss (if used before the foe attacks).

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Awesome Update mitchel!
    I loved the idea of getting team rocket to a building, Team rocket Rocks!

Keep on the good work mitchel, Later.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
  • Updates looked really good, well beautiful. I especially liked how it tells you how many side quests you've finished, and the chain quest script looks great. It's too bad your quiting hacking after this. =/

Thanks ^^ well it will take a while untill its done so for me there is not quit...yet ^^

Wew... It's been months since I visited here.. and it's not done yet.

Well.. Rome has also not build within one day -,- I know lame line buts the fact xD It takes TIME to create an good rom-hack... The graphics takes that much time inclusive create and think of great, unique idea's (and ofcorse script them)!

Oh man alpha 1.0 is canceled.. :(

Yep, people voted and thats what happend, I gave you an choose and people like more gameplay...and I agree =3

your hack is very well
    very original
    graphically it's great
    I hope to see more things
    your hack-rom...

Thanks. ^^

Man, you never responded to my ideas = (

Well the mount...I think it would be possible but hard to create. I might could take a look at it and might at the end I'll add it. Becauseits not something you'll create that fast.

That has been expected guys ;)

Nice updates Mitch =) By the way Carlos...? Zel is in your game? xD xD

Thanks ^^ Well, I didn't know zel was called carlos xD I just make up some names for the people who gives "Side quests" its all random might your name will appear too xD

Awesome Update mitchel!
    I loved the idea of getting team rocket to a building, Team rocket Rocks!

Keep on the good work mitchel, Later.

Thanks ^^

wow the maps are nice. and giratina... :D

Thanks ^^

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...:[/highlight]

Well might not that great update... But its an update xD I did some resource and found out that the tiles from TLoZ (the legend of Zelda for the one who doesnt know whats TLoZ means xD) are pretty nice so I decide to add the graveyard tiles from TLoZ. It came out pretty nice and I must say... It will give you the creeps xD

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]
    Morris: Regighost OW
    TLoZ/Nintendo: graveyard tiles

[highlight]:...:Screenshot:...:[/highlight]
    Regighost capture area! (NEW!)

(It would not be easy to capture it, because I think I'll bundle an chain quest on it before you can capture it =3 Might I'll add 20 mission before you can capture it. It took me awhile to insert these tiles =3)

Well thats all I presume xD
    ------------------------
    Mitchel1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back