• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
  • i cant patch this hack...i cant find the right rom for it...can anyone please help me?

If it's not working all I can suggest is you try again. Make sure you have a (U) FireRed Rom BPRE. If you look on the other page where the download link is I've given a step by step guide detailing how to patch it.

Anyway I'd like to thank everyone for their great comments on the hack. I wish the Beta was longer too but I just ran out of time. I thought it was better to give you a Beta Nintendo would be proud of than a rushed buggy one. Just to let everybody know I'm not giving up on this hack so keep your eyes peeled for the next Beta. My last exam is on January 28th so that's when work will recontinue. I know it's quite far away but think how I feel. Rom Hacking is what I do... I want to hack just as much as you guys wanna play.

Anyway seeming as it's Christmas Eve here in New Zealand, I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Badd

Purple
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Sorry , I don't know download in 2shared . So , Can you upload this file in other sever . Thanks anyway.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Sorry , I don't know download in 2shared . So , Can you upload this file in other sever . Thanks anyway.

If you let 2shared load, scroll to the bottom there should be a link saying "save to PC: click here" or atleast something along those lines... Currently I'm away from my hacking computer because Im on holiday in new zealand. I can only ask that anyone who has the patch could upload it on my behalf.

Years
  • Wow, this hack really is amazing... I finally got it playing on my ds and I must admit I really enjoyed it ! (quite short though but as you said, it's quality not quantity) :)
    Keep up the good work and enjoy your holidays in new zealand !

[EDIT] I uploaded a zip containing the patch, XSE and A-Ptch on megaupload, just delete the spaces... : h t t p : / / w w w . megaupload . com/?d=94CTGI9N (rom NOT included)
    PS: I am not allowed to post URLs to other sites, I'm new... So if someone could put the link it would be great

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I notice the screens are only from the male character. Well, what would happen if you played the female character? Sorry, but I didn't download the patch as I like to play genius as a whole or at least a larger BETA. Getting to one town would leave me wanting more and make me suffer.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • I notice the screens are only from the male character. Well, what would happen if you played the female character? Sorry, but I didn't download the patch as I like to play genius as a whole or at least a larger BETA. Getting to one town would leave me wanting more and make me suffer.

All the scripts in game work for both genders. Playing as the female would just use the original female as I haven't sprited a heroine yet.

Anyway here is a mirror of the Beta, I know some people are having 2shared problems.
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=94CTGI9N
    Many thanks to Timgoral for uploading it.

Anyway Happy New Year all! :)

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I followed all the instructions in the "How to" in the mirror, however when I clicked run on A-ptch it comes up with the message "The file you are trying to patch is not a valid one". I have tried this with two different ROMs that both worked to play the original game

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • I followed all the instructions in the "How to" in the mirror, however when I clicked run on A-ptch it comes up with the message "The file you are trying to patch is not a valid one". I have tried this with two different ROMs that both worked to play the original game

If you have not expanded the FireRed (U) rom to 32mb via XSE it will come back with that result. Hope that helps.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Update:

I know I said I wasn't working on Grey until after my exams, but I got bored of revising and sprited the female heroine:

[HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

This isn't a final sprite as I have TehGDS spriting a Heroine as well.
    I will ask him to post his and then you can all vote. :)

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
  • [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]
    Hahahah thanks for featuring my sprite too here's the sprite
    Please Vote for which one you like, it's Astar's or mine

I like Astar's though :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012
    I like Astar's sprite better. She matches the male sprite better in my opinion. There's just too much going on in tehGDS's sprite, it looks a little busy.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I think Astar's sprite is too plain and Tehgds (sorry if I spelled that wrong) is too busy. I do like TGDS a little better since it matches the Heros style more. Maybe finding a balance between the two?

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2013
    interesting storyline dude.
    your hack is like black and white mixed, gray.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Well I'm back... Almost

News:
    My exams are now over which means I should have more free time to work on Pokémon Grey. :)
    However currently I also have another side project I'm working on. As many of you know I belong to an iPhone Programming partnership called 'A & J Designs'. At the moment I'm coding an application that will be a detailed guide for Pokémon Black and White. I aim to have finished and submitted it to Apple by the 20th February to be on the App Store by the release date of the games. Once that is out the way I promise Grey will be my top priority, afterall I do love Rom Hacking. :)

Update:
    Nothing majorly big as I explained above but here is a couple of screenies to keep my loyal fans going:

Oakwood City:

-I've mapped and started events for Oakwood City finally.
    -I've fixed various bugs e.g. RTC bug I had.
    -I've modified some Overworlds.
    -I've changed some trainer's teams and dialogue.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
  • That's great however, I think that you should work on the city a bit the space is a bit big, I however like the route, it fits your style quite nicely :)

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • That's great however, I think that you should work on the city a bit the space is a bit big, I however like the route, it fits your style quite nicely :)

Well never fear! Once I'm completely happy with the City I shall send it to Ray Maverick to see what improvements he can bring. :)

marcc5m

what
    Years
    The city looks fine to me. Real cities have a lot of space, and you want to have room to move about.

Anyway Astar, this is looking really good, and I like the idea of Day and Night Textboxes. Good luck, and I can't wait to play the next beta :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    ya could someone help us with that? this looks quite fascinating and would really enjoy testing this:) thankyou!

Also are there 4th gen pokemon in this game?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back