• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years

That would be nice, but it would take a while to sprite XD

And ckret, I know it hard to belive, but I think I may have the most posts in this thread XD
    Well, atleast in the top 5 XD

Hmm... Going through the list of posts in your profile under statistics, unless I miscounted, I think you've got 26 posts in this thread.

As for myself, after counting up all of my ToxicPurple posts in my profile, and then going to the thread itself after my profile stopped counting and adding up the remaining posts... Give or take 10 posts, I've got about 212 in this thread.

... Yeah, I make up almost 20% of this thread. Even after an eleven-page absence from ToxicPurple.

Actually, the top five posters in this thread are, in order:

ckret2, alo123, Tony Montana, myself, and then you. XD

Perhaps you could use that idea for a sort of black market idea, as brought up before? Like, you steal that level 18 Meowth, and when you go to a designated "black market" you can use the "trade" animation to obtain a new, rarer, stolen Pokemon (perhaps along with some payment)?

Huzzah, an official list! ... Hopefully this will not result in people competing to get the highest number of posts, as that will likely result in spam.

That'd be interesting... It'd also require you to lose the Meowth, though, and a majority of the stolen Pokémon will be available through theft only. So if you trade that Meowth (unless you breed it, and I don't know how soon breeding will become available), then you're not getting the Meowth back. But trading-for-rewards is certainly a Rockety thing to do.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Hmm... Going through the list of posts in your profile under statistics, unless I miscounted, I think you've got 26 posts in this thread.

As for myself, after counting up all of my ToxicPurple posts in my profile, and then going to the thread itself after my profile stopped counting and adding up the remaining posts... Give or take 10 posts, I've got about 212 in this thread.

... Yeah, I make up almost 20% of this thread. Even after an eleven-page absence from ToxicPurple.

Huzzah, an official list! ... Hopefully this will not result in people competing to get the highest number of posts, as that will likely result in spam.

That'd be interesting... It'd also require you to lose the Meowth, though, and a majority of the stolen Pokémon will be available through theft only. So if you trade that Meowth (unless you breed it, and I don't know how soon breeding will become available), then you're not getting the Meowth back. But trading-for-rewards is certainly a Rockety thing to do.

....212...posts?....You haz got to be kidding meh! And, well...as long as I'm in the top 5, I'm happy :D

Anywayz. I drew a picture a while ago, never finished it, it failed much. Thinking of drawing another one. If it turns out as I can see it in mah head...well...it'll be pretty good XD Anyway, thinking of updating the female sprite? It scares me when I look at it, and its not much like the OW.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I find it interesting to note that you can find out how many posts a person has had in a specific thread by clicking on the number of replies next to the thread. Like, on the Progressing Hacks page, you'd click on the 1,189 (or whatever it is now) and a little pop-up box will show up, displaying all of the people who have ever posted in that thread and their number of posts. And to go even further, I think by clicking on that post it will link you to all of their posts in that thread. :3

..and you have 203 posts, ckret. XD

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Ah, yeah. I forgot 'bout that -_-
    Only figured it out bout liek....3 weeks ago.
    But meh, I had trouble drawing the male character, drawing female one instead. blame male guy's hair D:<

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    cret thank god ur back this hack (and the paper mario redux) are the two hacks that i look forword the most

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Finished Drawing #1 :D
    Hope you don't mind, but the female corey has a hat on. I fail with hair, but I'll try to make a none-hat version later.
    I'll upload the image now.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I never actually knew that you've come back until now...
    So, the New Alpha is about to be released as you've said, huh?
    I am looking forward to it.
    And what's wrong with the Fences and stuff related to that?
    I don't find anything wrong with that, Ckret.
    But it would be better if you put a Signpost Script saying that the Alpha ends here and stuff related to that.

ckret2

Years
    I find it interesting to note that you can find out how many posts a person has had in a specific thread by clicking on the number of replies next to the thread. Like, on the Progressing Hacks page, you'd click on the 1,189 (or whatever it is now) and a little pop-up box will show up, displaying all of the people who have ever posted in that thread and their number of posts. And to go even further, I think by clicking on that post it will link you to all of their posts in that thread. :3

..and you have 203 posts, ckret. XD

Oh hey, didn't know you could do that. Nifty. (It's a good thing I said give or take ten posts, huh?)

Finished Drawing #1 :D
    Hope you don't mind, but the female corey has a hat on. I fail with hair, but I'll try to make a none-hat version later.
    I'll upload the image now.

Although I appreciate the fanart... just out of curiosity, why are you drawing the Coreys...?

I never actually knew that you've come back until now...
    So, the New Alpha is about to be released as you've said, huh?
    I am looking forward to it.
    And what's wrong with the Fences and stuff related to that?
    I don't find anything wrong with that, Ckret.
    But it would be better if you put a Signpost Script saying that the Alpha ends here and stuff related to that.

There's nothing wrong with fences for the alpha, but for the actual game, it's just another broken bridge. I regard "broken bridges" in games the way Rockets regard twerps: they're small, stupid, annoying, and even though they look like you should be able to shove them aside and keep on going, they just keep getting in the way. Before ToxicPurple is actually released, I need to invent a decent in-game excuse for why you can't go south of Lavender. Buuut, until I have one, the fence remains.

I'm thinking I'll just say that, like all other guards (excluding the one in east Saffron), the one just south of Lavender won't let Rockets through. So you won't be able to get past him until you have the raft to Surf around the side. Simple, but logical.

Last edited:

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    Hey ckret, it's good to see you again. :) Do you expect to make signifigant progress on the game now that you're back? :P

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Although I appreciate the fanart... just out of curiosity, why are you drawing the Coreys...?

Because...Um....isn't corey the main character, or rather...the player?
    I thought the picture looked nice yesterday, not so sure today, but meh, I'll post it as soon as possible.

[Edit]
    Done
    Here
    I'll go over it with paint.NET, mah scanner is terrible.

[Edit 2]
    You probably didn't know it, but I have a sharp eye...some times...Anyways, if amber is being icluded, where was she? Amber is....Mr. Fuji's daughter, Right? And Mr. Fuji (More commonly know as Mr pokemon) is the guy who lives in lavender town. So...Um....Yeah...MAJOR SCREW UP IN STOREH LINE XD
    But, yeah, do what you want, its your hack.
    While on the subject of Lavender town, How will the *[Insurt Nombah heear] years later* stuff work out? I mean, in the Jhoto arc, The tower of death thing becomes a radio tower... xD
    Anyway, it would be sooooooooooooo epic if there was a map editor and script editor for HG/SS xD
    Your job would be thst much easier, nd the game would look WAY more pwnsome :D
    lol

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I am glad to see you back ckret can't wait to see how the new alpha/beta
    will be like good luck
    I will be playing this on my Wii

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    ZOMFG your comeback post made my day :D
    i almost quoted it

nice to see you back and good luck with your real life lol as well as TP

ckret2

Years
    Hey ckret, it's good to see you again. :) Do you expect to make signifigant progress on the game now that you're back? :P

If by "significant progress" you mean "any progress," then yes. XD With my work load, any progress at all is significant. But yeah, as soon as I get my project for tomorrow done (... can you tell I'm using PokéCommunity as my source of project procrastination?) I should have a bit more free time to work.

Because...Um....isn't corey the main character, or rather...the player?
    I thought the picture looked nice yesterday, not so sure today, but meh, I'll post it as soon as possible.

Yeah, I got that you're doing Corey because she's the main character. :P I meant, why the fanart?

[Edit 2]
    You probably didn't know it, but I have a sharp eye...some times...Anyways, if amber is being icluded, where was she? Amber is....Mr. Fuji's daughter, Right? And Mr. Fuji (More commonly know as Mr pokemon) is the guy who lives in lavender town. So...Um....Yeah...MAJOR SCREW UP IN STOREH LINE XD
    But, yeah, do what you want, its your hack.

What makes you so sure I didn't know that, and what makes you so sure it's a screw up? Dr. Fuji from the movie is widely speculated to be Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon from the games, yes, but there's not yet any utterly conclusive canonical evidence that he is. An alternate theory suggests that Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon is Dr. Fuji's father, which is equally plausible, given canon. The theories are certainly being taken into account in the creation of ToxicPurple. Either way, how does the possibility that Dr. Fuji = Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon constitute as a "major screw up"? So they're possibly the same person. So?

Really, I'm surprised that you didn't instead point out that the possibility of Amber being alive is a "major screw up." After all, she died before Mewtwo was born. I'm obviously going to use her in a plotline that occurs long AFTER Mewtwo was born; i.e., long after she died. I think that would stick out a heck of a lot more than a small matter of whether or not we see her near Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon in the games. Actually, considering the fact that she's DEAD, I'd think that having her randomly walking around in Lavender Town like nothing happened would be a REAL screw up. Or did your sharp eye not pick up on that? :P

Gimme a little credit here. I do my research. Just to include Amber, I have read and re-read and re-re-read all of Bulbapedia's articles on her, Dr. Fuji, Mr. Fuji, Mewtwo, "Mewtwo Strikes Back," "Mewtwo Returns," "The Birth of Mewtwo," the Cinnabar Pokémon Lab, the Pokémon Mansion, the Pokémon Tower, Lavender Town, and Faraway Island; I've rewatched "Mewtwo Strikes Back" and "Mewtwo Returns" once and rewatched "The Birth of Mewtwo" multiple times; I've found an English fan translation of "The Birth of Mewtwo" CD drama and read that; and on my most recent play-through of FireRed, among all of the other things I paid attention to, I looked for anything and everything that could be utilized to logically tie Amber into the plot. And all that for a relatively minor character.

I've got solutions to pretty much all of the issues that adding Amber to the plot could bring up—yes, including the fact that Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon might be Dr. Fuji, AND including the fact that Amber is dead. (No, Amber is not going to be a ghost.) The few issues I don't have complete solutions for yet, I'm working on them. Just because you don't yet know what I'm doing doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

And this is the kind of research I'm doing for EVERY aspect of the hack.

While on the subject of Lavender town, How will the *[Insurt Nombah heear] years later* stuff work out? I mean, in the Jhoto arc, The tower of death thing becomes a radio tower... xD

What do you mean? You just said yourself how it will work out: Pokémon Tower becomes the Kanto Radio Tower. Why would it work out any other way? :P In the Kanto arc Team Rocket was occupying Pokémon Tower and got kicked out, and that's part of the plot, but I don't see how that in any way conflicts with the fact that it becomes the Kanto Radio Tower by the Johto arc.

And it's a three year gap.

ZOMFG your comeback post made my day :D
    i almost quoted it

nice to see you back and good luck with your real life lol as well as TP

XD Quoting that probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah, I got that you're doing Corey because she's the main character. :P I meant, why the fanart?

What makes you so sure I didn't know that, and what makes you so sure it's a screw up? Dr. Fuji from the movie is widely speculated to be Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon from the games, yes, but there's not yet any utterly conclusive canonical evidence that he is. An alternate theory suggests that Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon is Dr. Fuji's father, which is equally plausible, given canon. The theories are certainly being taken into account in the creation of ToxicPurple. Either way, how does the possibility that Dr. Fuji = Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon constitute as a "major screw up"? So they're possibly the same person. So?

Really, I'm surprised that you didn't instead point out that the possibility of Amber being alive is a "major screw up." After all, she died before Mewtwo was born. I'm obviously going to use her in a plotline that occurs long AFTER Mewtwo was born; i.e., long after she died. I think that would stick out a heck of a lot more than a small matter of whether or not we see her near Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon in the games. Actually, considering the fact that she's DEAD, I'd think that having her randomly walking around in Lavender Town like nothing happened would be a REAL screw up. Or did your sharp eye not pick up on that? :P

Gimme a little credit here. I do my research. Just to include Amber, I have read and re-read and re-re-read all of Bulbapedia's articles on her, Dr. Fuji, Mr. Fuji, Mewtwo, "Mewtwo Strikes Back," "Mewtwo Returns," "The Birth of Mewtwo," the Cinnabar Pokémon Lab, the Pokémon Mansion, the Pokémon Tower, Lavender Town, and Faraway Island; I've rewatched "Mewtwo Strikes Back" and "Mewtwo Returns" once and rewatched "The Birth of Mewtwo" multiple times; I've found an English fan translation of "The Birth of Mewtwo" CD drama and read that; and on my most recent play-through of FireRed, among all of the other things I paid attention to, I looked for anything and everything that could be utilized to logically tie Amber into the plot. And all that for a relatively minor character.

I've got solutions to pretty much all of the issues that adding Amber to the plot could bring up—yes, including the fact that Mr. Fuji/Mr. Pokémon might be Dr. Fuji, AND including the fact that Amber is dead. (No, Amber is not going to be a ghost.) The few issues I don't have complete solutions for yet, I'm working on them. Just because you don't yet know what I'm doing doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

And this is the kind of research I'm doing for EVERY aspect of the hack.

What do you mean? You just said yourself how it will work out: Pokémon Tower becomes the Kanto Radio Tower. Why would it work out any other way? :P In the Kanto arc Team Rocket was occupying Pokémon Tower and got kicked out, and that's part of the plot, but I don't see how that in any way conflicts with the fact that it becomes the Kanto Radio Tower by the Johto arc.

And it's a three year gap.

1. Because...Um....good question. I just really need to get bettah at drawing, and this is the only thing I could really think of.

2. D: Stop maken' fun of meh.

3. I meant, is it even possible to CHANGE maps, so they it is a radio tower in the Johto arc? Not that It would really matter.

4. (lol) Isn't it weird how Team Rocket put they're HQ under a GAMECORNER. I mean, serously.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    I imagine so, no hack is complete with out one :D
    It'll also make it moar fun to play on my VBA - GX

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back