• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
  • I don't know if this has been adressed but I was wondering if you were going to include the fossil pokemon. (like aerodactyl and kabutops)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2016
    I just tried this hack and its great!! I love the concept of the items instead of hms and playing as the bad guys instead!

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I don't know if this has been adressed but I was wondering if you were going to include the fossil pokemon. (like aerodactyl and kabutops)

Yes indeed; at this point, the plan is still to include every first- and second-gen Pokémon, with a few third-gen thrown in for good measure.

In fact, that whole lab on Cinnabar is going to be part of a crucial plotpoint. Expect to rob those geeks.

this is amazing, great idea about team rocket, but shouldn't you wanna put some new tiles first? :\ anyways good luck to your hack i am looking forward to play it ;)

I've got no plans to include new tiles. This happens in the same region and at the same time as the plot of R/G/B/Y and FR/LG, so I'd rather keep the FR/LG tiles than insert some random other tileset. It's the same reason I'm not changing any of the maps except for the painfully boring ones like Rock Tunnel, and a few additions for plot purposes like the little grass trail in Saffron City.

The one exception I might make to the no-new-tiles decision is, when HG/SS is released and someone makes a GBA-equivalent tileset of the HG/SS tiles, I might use those tiles, since HG/SS is a Johto/Kanto game and so is ToxicPurple. But that depends on whether or not I like the new tiles and whether or not I think it's worth the effort to insert them. :P The odds are 85% that I'll just keep the tiles as they are.

Especially since in the Johto arc, your twerp rival is going to look like and be named Kris, rather than what's-her-name the new girl. (Is her name officially Soul yet or is that still fan speculation?) It might look a bit odd to have Kris running around in a DS-graphics Johto. But maybe that's just me, I dunno.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Are there going to be parts in the game where "twerp/twerps" try to foil your operation? how how bout a magma/aqua cameo? you break into a mansion/house/find some portal, and it turns out that aqua/magma is setting up a base cause now they want moltres/articuno.

ckret2

Years
  • Are there going to be parts in the game where "twerp/twerps" try to foil your operation? how how bout a magma/aqua cameo? you break into a mansion/house/find some portal, and it turns out that aqua/magma is setting up a base cause now they want moltres/articuno.

Yep, you'll have several enounters with a couple of twerps: in Kanto it'll be Red (the R/G/B/Y and FR/LG male player, and the super-tough guy in G/S/C) and in Johto it will be Kris (the Crystal female player).

As for Magma/Aqua, there'll be an exended... "reference," I guess, but not a straight-up cameo. Unlike Team Rocket, which is disbanded by force and against the will of its members, the leaders of Magma/Aqua seem to seriously regret what they did, and the grunts really had no idea what their goals were, so it doesn't strike me as likely that they'd regroup and make a second attempt at their former plot.

In any case, two of the three legendary birds already have a plot-relevant role in the hack, so I'm afraid they won't be available for Magma/Aqua to catch anyway. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    how to play?

i cannot get toxic purple to play on my visualboy advance. i downloaded the file in the thread but its not workin' any ideas

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
  • It's a .ips file, not a .gba file.
    You have to patch a ROM of firered with the .ips file in order to play it..

Also, ckret2, i redwonloaded my FR rom.
    Everything's fine now.
    It was definitely the ROM i had before.

ckret2

Years
  • i cannot get toxic purple to play on my visualboy advance. i downloaded the file in the thread but its not workin' any ideas

Did you patch it onto a FireRed rom? The ips file itself isn't the whole game; it just tells the VBA "these are the parts of the game that are different from the original game." I'm afraid it's illegal on this forum (and technically, it's flat-out illegal everywhere :P) to provide links or direct downloads to a FireRed rom; but, in cases like this, Google is a pirate's best friend.

After that, if you have both FireRed and the ips file in the same folder and with the same name (for example, if you name one of them ToxicPurple.gba and the other one ToxicPurple.ips) then they'll work together to get the game to function.

Also, ckret2, i redwonloaded my FR rom.
    Everything's fine now.
    It was definitely the ROM i had before.

Ah, good. Thanks for letting me know. Glad it worked out!

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
  • I think it would also be fine to say, if you have Bittorent, that's an extremely easier way to find clean ROMS.

Years
  • This looks awesome!

I haven't ever played a Hack Rom before for GBA. Only Diamond/Pearl.

This looks by far the coolest one. I seriously can't wait to play it.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    Trade-based Pokémon will be evolved through the use of a Rocket-built item called the PokéToaster, which is used to brutally force-evolve Pokémon. What fun. All trade evo, time-based evo, and Moon Stone evo Pokémon will be evolved by use of the PokéToaster. Team Rocket classifies such Pokémon as "difficult" evolutions, and so instead of taking the time and love to evolve them naturally, Team Rocket just shoves them in the toaster and forces the evolution.

k... you had me with the whole items-instead-of-HMs thing... but a PokeToaster!! haha! that is such awesomeness.
    i'm so excited for this...!

Years
  • So are you basing alot of the ideas in the hack from the manga because it sound like that to me with the Red idea, the moltres and zapdos thing, and some of the other ideas, and if you are are you gonna do the whole 4 good gym leaders and the 4 evil gym leaders that are part of team rocket?

Years
  • if you have played the hack, you will notice that sabrina dislikes team rocket and is about to destroy you.
    so i say that the game is not based with the manga

ckret2

Years
  • So are you basing alot of the ideas in the hack from the manga because it sound like that to me with the Red idea, the moltres and zapdos thing, and some of the other ideas, and if you are are you gonna do the whole 4 good gym leaders and the 4 evil gym leaders that are part of team rocket?

Actually, not much is based on the manga. Red isn't based on the manga, Red is just the default name for the male playable character who happens to have the same name as his manga counterpart. I considered basing his team off of manga Red, though. The only other thing is Silver being Giovanni's son, but that's where the similarity between ToxicPurple's Silver and the manga's Silver ends.

I dunno where you got "the Moltres and Zapdos thing," since I only casually mentioned once that two of the three original legendary birds have a part in the plot, and didn't even say which two or what that part is yet. What "Moltres and Zapdos thing" are you thinking of?

As for the 4 good gym leaders and 4 evil gym leaders, nope, that won't be here. The gym leaders almost all hate Team Rocket's guts. Among the 18 gym leaders in gameverse Kanto and Johto (since two switch out between Gen 1 and Gen 2), one of them is a Rocket (Giovanni, duh), one of them is an ex-Rocket, and one becomes a Rocket. But that last one still hates your guts. Life is funny that way. The remaining 15 are either neutral, distrustful, or openly and actively hostile towards Team Rocket.

As altaria221 pointed out, Sabrina has already proven she isn't fond of you. In fact, she's going to be one of your biggest opponents in the first Kanto arc.

Years
  • The moltres and zapdos thing i was thinking of was how in the manga each person like red, green, and blue each got paired up with one of the legendary birds after team rocket captured them do you know what im talking about?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • The moltres and zapdos thing i was thinking of was how in the manga each person like red, green, and blue each got paired up with one of the legendary birds after team rocket captured them do you know what im talking about?
    Do you mean like Zapmolticuno? When they combined them all? I doubt she's include something like that.
    Plus, she mentioned the only twerps you'll face are Red and Kris, so I doubt you'll see Green or Blue.

Years
  • really looking forward to beta two
    just cant wait, im looking forward to the completion of this than the release of HG SS because it is just so unique and fun

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Great hack, I really think this will be awesome.

But whatever are you to do about the Hitmons?

(If it was my call, I would have removed the Karate Master and his disciples from the Gym with the excuse that they were training in Mt. Mortar so you steal one pokemon, and only one because he might get suspicious when he returns, only to fight him during Johto.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back