• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
  • Ckret this hack and your knowledge of hacking and stuff is very good so it makes me wonder.... where did u learn to do such awesome stuff lol? surely u have some other works out there right, so can yu show us some project(s) that you have done already? lol if u dont have any and this is your first project, then yea... very impressive

Nope, this is my first project. Everything I know, I picked up from reading through a couple of tutorials, and then when I want to do something that the tutorials don't explain, I spend ridiculous amounts of time staring at scripts until I figure out how to make them work the way I want them to.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Looking very nice. Not really in to the emulation scene atm, but I might come test this when another release comes out.
    Keep up the great work!

DIEHARDSWAGGER

Sage Of Six Paths
    Years
  • -Excuse Me, But Why Can I Not Save My Game. I Got Really Far In The Alpha And Then When I Finally Wanna Save It Won't Let Me. And I Know I Need A New ROM Base And All That But I Still Can't Save...Why???

ckret2

Years
  • -Excuse Me, But Why Can I Not Save My Game. I Got Really Far In The Alpha And Then When I Finally Wanna Save It Won't Let Me. And I Know I Need A New ROM Base And All That But I Still Can't Save...Why???

Well, I've done nothing to change the way ToxicPurple saves the game, I can save it just fine, and I've never heard of anyone else not being able to save. I suspect it's either a problem with the FireRed rom you patched it onto, or with your VBA settings. Ask for help in the Emulation section.

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years

The problem could also be this:
    Are you trying to save using the in-game menu, cause that usually doesn't work.
    You need to use save-states.

ckret2

Years
  • The problem could also be this:

I never use save-states, unless I want to do something like test a yes/no script (so that I can choose the "yes" option, see if it works, and then load from the save-state and choose the "no" option). You by no means "need" to use save-states, and in fact, if you do, that can mess up your game later on when a new alpha/beta is released. Other hackers recommend strongly against using save-states, since they do not work well with new releases.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    The problem could also be this:
    Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

If you correct the VBA settings like that, then you can save in-game.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    God, I felt bad stealing the little girl's vulpix... but, I can only save using save states..

About the Marowak, you can catch it :P. With the greatball you find the in the tower..

Last edited:

Satoshi Yamazaki

Freelancer
    Years
  • Great looking hack, ckret2. I actually have to pay attention to who I battle, 'cuz some of those trainers can stomp me if I'm not careful.

It also looks very well scripted, and the spelling is quite good as well. Nicely done.

ckret2

Years
  • God, I felt bad stealing the little girl's vulpix... but, I can only save using save states..

About the Marowak, you can catch it :P. With the greatball you find the in the tower..

Which you're not supposed to do. This has been mentioned in the thread multiple times by now. Starting in the next alpha, that Great Ball (which was left in by mistake) will be removed.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
    Years
  • This is offically my favorite hack. I love the scripting, the story, the concept, and how limited you are to catching pokemon in the beginning. (Automatically getting pokeballs as soon as you start is typical, I like the fresh approach you gave it.) And the great thing is...no HMs!

Bravo, ckret2, I look forward to the next Alpha of this creative hack.

ckret2

Years
  • This is offically my favorite hack. I love the scripting, the story, the concept, and how limited you are to catching pokemon in the beginning. (Automatically getting pokeballs as soon as you start is typical, I like the fresh approach you gave it.) And the great thing is...no HMs!

Bravo, ckret2, I look forward to the next Alpha of this creative hack.

Thank you. :D I'm glad you like it so far!

I'm making a Rocket hack too you know. I had the same ideas like you did, but then somebody said I was faking TP so I asked him the link to your thread. To see wich ideas I have to remove(because I dont want to be a faker).
    Nice hack! Especially the part where you can choose wich Poké you want to steal.

Well, not having seen your hack, I have no idea how much it might sound similar to TP. But if you honestly came up with some ideas on your own, I wouldn't remove them just because there are similar ideas in another hack. If you came up with it separately (and since someone else had to link you to this thread, I'm assuming you did come up with it separately), then you could hardly have been copying a game you'd never heard of before, could you?

If you honestly came up with the ideas by yourself, don't get rid of them just because someone else happens to be doing similar ideas. (Unless they've been done so many times that they're really boring or something. But you get the idea.)

Years
  • I liked the alpha. I have a feeling that this is going to be my favourite hack when it is released. I too hated it when I could agree to join team rocket in the prior games

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    This isnt a bug, but when your stolen pokemon from dianna faints in pokemon tower rattat and ghastlys attacks dont affect eachother, i've been doing this battle for ages, i use quick attack and tackel, which doesnt affect ghastly, and ghastly uses lick which doesnt affect rattata -_-.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This isnt a bug, but when your stolen pokemon from dianna faints in pokemon tower rattat and ghastlys attacks dont affect eachother, i've been doing this battle for ages, i use quick attack and tackel, which doesnt affect ghastly, and ghastly uses lick which doesnt affect rattata -_-.

That's been covered before. and this is why I think you should put up a FAQ on the first post, ckret

Also, Gastly doesn't have an "h" in it.

ckret2

Years
  • This isnt a bug, but when your stolen pokemon from dianna faints in pokemon tower rattat and ghastlys attacks dont affect eachother, i've been doing this battle for ages, i use quick attack and tackel, which doesnt affect ghastly, and ghastly uses lick which doesnt affect rattata -_-.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, and several other people have pointed it out. I've changed the Pokémon that the first trainer uses to a non-Ghost type for the next alpha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Rattata should be allowed a nickname

Are you going to make it so players can name their Rattata starter if they want to? Did you take away the ability to name any of the pokemon players get, or just the starter?

No nicknames of pokemon or having to wait until further into the game to name them would be a major reason for me not to play this. That's why I want to know about that before getting into playing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back