• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    Fence in Lavander Town

Instead of putting a fence at the bottom of the town, you could put a Snorlax there or Sudowoodo, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it yet.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Instead of putting a fence at the bottom of the town, you could put a Snorlax there or Sudowoodo, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it yet.

Sudowood isn't in firered is it? I'm sure its just G/S/C/E/HG/SS/

But no, that would really work. Its supposed to stay true to R/G/B/FR/LG/G/S/C/HG/SS, and there is no snorlax/sudowood there in those games.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Sorry didnt mean to be that way.

But you have to understand that in firered, many, MANY people lost their save file b/c their save type wouldnt let them get past the e4 after they beat them. I know theres no E4 in this game, but in case for some reason we have to allow the in game save to work properly, he will lose his file. I just felt that if we are going to help someone who is new, we cant give them wrong advice, b/c i didnt want him to be screwed if he lost his save. And anyone who read that would be too.

So if anyone gets the "1M circuit board not installed" screen, go to 'emulator' and change the save type to flash, flash128k =]
    Fair enough, I also apologize for going off on you then. Although changing the save type doesn't always work, I hear. There's supposed to be a .txt document on PC somewhere that will make it work just fine, too. I've never used it though.
    Hm, a note on the Snorlax/Sudowoodo barrier idea. I'm not sure about Sudowoodo really, but having a Pokemon as a barrier could actually work. I mean, there was nothing there in FR, but what if that was because Team Rocket had removed it first? Still, I'm pretty sure Ckret already has some ideas for that (assuming she's not dead or something...).
    It should also be noted that she could just leave the route open, since you don't find anything important down that way before the Snorlax anyway. To be honest, I think it would be more efficient to just not have a barrier there and let the pre-existing Snorlax do the job.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    pokemon toxic purple

is there any set date around for the next update of pokemon toxic purple i downloaded and enjoyed the first version and was wondering if you will release another updated version[/SIZE]

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    is there any set date around for the next update of pokemon toxic purple i downloaded and enjoyed the first version and was wondering if you will release another updated version

No set date.
    As far as we all know anyway...

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Hmmm... I'm making a list of avalible pokemon up to this point in the hack, and here's what I have:

RATATTA (Raticate) - Starter, Route east of Safaron
    VULPIX (Ninetails not avalible) - Choice of Vulpix, Poliwag, or Oddish in Safaron
    POLIWAG (Poliwhirl, but Poliwrath and Politoad not avalible) - Choice of Vulpix, Poliwag, or Oddish in Safaron
    ODDISH (Gloom, but Vileplume not avalible) - Choice of Vulpix, Poliwag, or Oddish in Safaron
    GASTLY (Haunter, but Gengar not avalible) - Pokemon Tower
    ZUBAT (Golbat, but Crobat not avalible) - Pokemon Tower
    CUBONE (Marowak) - Pokemon Tower
    PIDGEY (Pidgeotto, Pidgeot) - Route east of Safaron.

I think that's all. Any others?

EDIT: Well, I finished the Alpha, and will not pick up the game until Alpha 2/Beta 1. This is my team.

THE CRIME LORDS:
    Vermin the Rattata - level 16, Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Tackle, Tail Whip (Run away)
    Rattata's cheezily powerful Hyper Fang made it one of the best pokemon in ingame FR, and while I didn't get to Hyper Fang until I fought every trainer, Vermin will remain on my team. He actually was the cornerstone for designing my team (Vermin, Kitsune, and a random Water type), and I was happy to have it along.
    Kitsune the Vulpix - level 16, Ember, Quick Attack, Roar, Tail Whip (Flash Fire)
    Vulpix is easily the best pick of the three, as it is the one that can best combat Gastlys in Pokemon Tower. It served me much better than Vermin in this Alpha, and was a pivital force against many of the trainers. It was also my first pokemon past level 15.

THE GOONS (I just leveled them up out of boredom)
    Pidgey (level 10) - Gust, Tackle, Sand attack
    Gastly (level 10) - Lick, Hypnosis, Spite
    Zubat (level 10) - Astonish, Leech Life
    Cubone (level 10) - Bone Club, Tail Whip, Growl.
    Meh. Random goons. I admit, Gastly was useful, and I almost put Cubone on my team, but they will rot in the box until (and if) I decide to evolve them.

Last edited:

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012

I think he ment that theres no Snorlax where the fence is.
    Correct, at least, thats what I wrote. There is only 2 snorlax in the game and adding or moving one wouldn't work as its supposed to stay true to the original games

you forgot misdravious in ur list of pokemon
    Because you can't catch it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Wow this is amazing
    I loved the part where you bluff the 2 physcics with your 'scyther' ^_^
    and meowth gambling
    Keep going this is an amazing hack
    BUT....
    Can you change the player and partner sprites!!!
    He looks like a wierd clown, it would be better to look like grunts? Dont you think?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011

Correct, at least, thats what I wrote. There is only 2 snorlax in the game and adding or moving one wouldn't work as its supposed to stay true to the original games

Because you can't catch it.

Spoiler:

yes you can, at the top of pokemon tower you can Catch a Misdravius, look through the thread and plenty of people have caught it, including myself, it is hard and very unlikely to see one tho...

ChriZ0529

Just some guy with a big dream
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    Glitch/bug on first battle!!!!

I am a noob, and I am also going to sound
    like a horrible pokemon player but I'll tell you this
    anyways.
    I lost the first battle... Yeah... Anyways on my third
    try on starting the game the psycic healed his Mr. Mime
    instead of his Abra making me lose in the process... Well
    anyways it did the whole whited out ran toneatest base thing
    and I appeared standing next to Blaine the gym leader and my
    pokeball flashing on the wall and a nurse's voice told me to
    come again soon... I instantly tried to see if Blaine worked
    and did so that's all the investigating I did.
    If this has already been reported, or is out of place just say so
    and don't spaz out.

mattman324

Years
  • yes you can, at the top of pokemon tower you can Catch a Misdravius, look through the thread and plenty of people have caught it, including myself, it is hard and very unlikely to see one tho...

I want to see proof. I trained my Rattata from level 12 to 16 up there (and with the low EXP gains, it took a while), Vulpix went from 14 to 16, Gastly went from 9 to 10, Cubone went from 8 to 10, Zubat went from 7 to 10, and Pidgey trained a few levels: And I never saw Misdreavus. This has me grounded to the opinion that it isn't there. And since it is a national dex pokemon, I can't look it up in the Pokedex.

Besides, I REALLY don't want to have to train another goon. Really. :(

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • Oh man, this actually sounds brilliant. I've played loads of Rocket-Hacks before, where you play as a Rocket grunt, but not one has gone to as much trouble as you seem to have. I hope you finish it. : D

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I want to see proof. I trained my Rattata from level 12 to 16 up there (and with the low EXP gains, it took a while), Vulpix went from 14 to 16, Gastly went from 9 to 10, Cubone went from 8 to 10, Zubat went from 7 to 10, and Pidgey trained a few levels: And I never saw Misdreavus. This has me grounded to the opinion that it isn't there. And since it is a national dex pokemon, I can't look it up in the Pokedex.

Besides, I REALLY don't want to have to train another goon. Really. :(

I can confirm that there are misdreavus on the top floor of the tower. I caught one even, battled probably 3 or 4 others.

They yield pretty good exp :P
    Gastly flies through the levels if u get to beat some of these misdreavus, lick owns them.

Years
  • As I played it several times to find bugs, I came across something odd: Only a few times, Mr. Fuji could be found in his house before entering the Tower, and gave me the Flute. And Where the original stairs (I think) were found in Red/Blue/yellow, the same event occurs when you encounter the marowak-ghost, showing it's true form 'cause of the Scope, and level 30, easely to beat with a gastly knowing curse. And the room where you got your rattata can't be revisited, But I guess the last one isn't unusual.
    Because it's a Firered patch, and because it might take to much work, there isn't a possibility to travel to the Johto region, or for instance another region to represent a new rocket business, dealing with fierce rivalry between the native crime syndicates (like in the story)?

mvg

mattman324

Years
  • Ingame tiering! (Cause I can!)

S TIER (recommended): Vulpix - Can sweep through every pokemon in the game with Ember. Is the only pokemon in the hack that can saftly handle that one guy's Magnamite, and can do much damage to Ghosts.

A TIER(Useful. Sort of like competitive OU, but don't get the job done as well.): Polywag - Doesn't do as much damage as Vulpix, and can't take hits as well, but gets Hypnosis and the ability to evolve. Don't count on that happening though.

Rattata - It is guarenteed that you get it, and it gets the all powerful Hyper Fang at level 13, so it should be leveled up for the next hack. Be careful though: It is useless in pokemon tower.

B Tier(Erm... they make nice filler): None currently.

C Tier(Unless they are your favorites, I advise against them.)Oddish - I prefer something more powerful than Absorb to hit ghosts with, and you should to. And as a lot of the early game is poison typed... don't. Vulpix and Polywag are better.

Cubone - The catch is just to darn late! If you could get them earlier, and start training towards the powerful Bone Club, it would be nicer... I do advise it for next version though.

Zubat - To it's credit, it CAN hit ghosts without them SEing it, unlike Gastly or such... but Crobat seems so far away, and in this game, where having a team of 2 or 3 is likely, power is everything. Don't advise past this beta.

D Tier(Just don't. Even you sadists out there shouldn't): Gastly - It is SEd by everything, you can't get Gengar until Johto, and it's just to frail. Same as Zubat, but worse.

Pidgey - Bad in main games = VERY bad in this game. I'm assuming an early Spearow here, but Spearow completely outdoes it. Then there's the whole "At this point there are no trainers" thing...

Misdreavus - It's first reliable move is at level 11. And it's weak to the hordes of Ghost attacks early game. And it doesn't get really good until... well, never really. And it is VERY VERY rare.

F Tier(DON'T USE! The author specifically said "no"!): The Hitmons - It will mess up the game later on.

Sabrina's gym - See above

Psychic TM - I personally want to make sure I get Smoochum/Mr. Mime/whatever psychic type Mr. Psychic has. And so should you.

I'd love to here some feedback on this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2013
    Uhm, was I supposed to be able to catch the Marowak? I threw a Great Ball I got near the bottom of the tower and caught it...

Anyways, this is a great hack. I just wish I knew everything I wasn't supposed to do at this point (I already picked up the TM29 Psychic >_< ).

ChriZ0529

Just some guy with a big dream
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    I would like to know what roms you people that can save use.

(Save in-game)​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back