• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #120] Pokémon Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • Pokémon Destiny

Pokémon Destiny

Hack of:
    [HotW #120] Pokémon Destiny
    A Hack By Destiny Demon

Introduction

Hey all. You may know me, you may not, but I am Destiny Demon, once known as vietazn654. I've been ROM hacking for about 7 months now, and have gotten better and better. Then for a time, I quit ROM hacking for personal reasons, but now I am back and good as ever. ^_^ I hope you enjoy my hack, Pokemon Destiny, which is a hack I will hack until I finish. Destiny has been around for, I dunno, 3 months? And it is my best hack, so I will keep up with it. Hope everyone enjoys this hack.

Legend of Hellideath

Before Arceus went in its slumber, it encountered it's worst enemy. Hellideath. They fought forever, but still, Arceus couldn't beat it. So then, it trapped it in the Black World. The Black World is where dead souls go and get tortured by Hellideath's anger. And Hellideath was cursed to stay in the Black World for 999,999 years, one year before Arceus woke up, which was 1,000,000 years. Hellideath had enough power to trap all the legendary Pokemon a week before it would get free from the Black World. So it trapped them. When a week passes, it will come out of the Black World and absorb their energy to defeat Arceus a year later. Where were the legendary Pokemon trapped in? The Rielo region.

Story

2 weeks before Hellideath's return, (4 months after Gen. IV), You are just an 11-year old in the Rielo region living in Greenwood Town. One day your friend, Calder, asks you to come to his house. There, he has 3 Hoenn Pokemon, Mudkip, Torchic, & Treecko. You choose one, and he chooses one. Then, your adventure begins. You encounter many legendary Pokemon, and some you defeat, while others you befriend. You also defeat gym leaders, and encounter Team Rocket several times.

Screenshots

Features

- Experience the Rielo region
    - New starter Pokemon: Treecko, Torchic, & Mudkip
    - New tiles
    - New Pokemon
    - Encounter every legendary Pokemon, including new legendaries
    - New evil team; Team Death

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I patch an IPS file?
    A: Go here.

Awards

Support Pokemon Destiny

Bugs

None so far.

Team

I honestly don't like making teams, so I won't make one... not yet.

Downloads

Demo Version 1.1 = Same as Demo 1 but with fixed maps, text, ect. Up to 1st gym.

Programs Used

Advance Map by LU-HO
    Advance Trainer: Hackmew
    eXtreme Script Editor: Hackmew
    Nameless Sprite Editor: link12552
    Yet Another Pokemon Editor: silver314
    Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor: Wichu
    Advanced Sprite Position Editor: Wichu
    Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor: Wichu
    Free Space Finer: Hackmew
    VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0-beta3
    Irfanview
    Adobe Photoshop CS4
    Lunar IPS

Credits

Ripped HG/SS Sprites: Hackmew
    Wesley FG & Zein: Main tiles (trees, grass, flowers, ect.)
    Xiros: Fat Tree Tiles in Rosaceus Forest
    Disturbed: Fat Tree's palettes
    Alucus_of_Borg: House tiles
    diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial: diegoisawesome
    Jessie & James Sprite: Team Rocket's Raichu
    874521: Team Rocket Gym Tiles
    Pokémon Destiny

Attachments

• Pokemon Destiny Demo 1.1.ips
      72.2 KB · Views: 103
    Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • ~Update~
    Here are some new screenshots:

Find the rest by yourself--what? Because I just finished the first demo, which is to the 1st gym. Enjoy people, and give your feedback ^_^

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • This hack looked playable so I did a quick test, and I enjoyed playing it :)
    The completely new scripts in the beginning were absolutely the best part of the hack. But, you could have changed the texts for people inside "useless houses".

Besides, here are the bugs I found.
    1) You can get stuck behind the gym in Antian City
    2) Running Shoes didn't work when outside
    3) Entering to houses

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Nice hack you have here, and definely loving the graphics. Can't wait to try this hack out.
    Okay thank you. ^_^
    This hack looked playable so I did a quick test, and I enjoyed playing it :)
    The completely new scripts in the beginning were absolutely the best part of the hack. But, you could have changed the texts for people inside "useless houses".

Besides, here are the bugs I found.
    1) You can get stuck behind the gym in Antian City
    2) Running Shoes didn't work when outside
    3) Entering to houses
    1) Wait what? In Antian City? Do you have a screenshot? I don't really understand. xD;
    2) Yeah I dunno, I set the flag, but it still doesn't work.
    3) Waht bugs are in the houses?
    Oh and yeah, I could change the text in the useless houses, just not right now. xD;

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Just jump off the ledge and you're stuck here

As for the doors, you just walk through some of them, as they won't open.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Just jump off the ledge and you're stuck here

As for the doors, you just walk through some of them, as they won't open.
    For the doors it's because I didn't create animations for them. As for the ledge, I will fix that. :)

Small Update~

Demo 1.1 is out. Same thing as demo 1, but with fixed maps, text in useless houses, ect. =P

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Nice Graphics Destiny Demon! Gonna try this one out!

Can't wait for the next Updates! :D
    Thank you very much. ^.^
    The next download will be to 3 gyms, and maybe moved to the Hacks Showcase (hopefully xD). =3 Glad you like it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    First thing I notice is that your hack matches your name. You planned that, yeah? ;)

Your introduction totally reminds me of my own hack that I had quite some time ago. Like, I had the exact same mindset you do now back then. "I'll never give up hacking until I finish this!" - I hope you keep to that. It's something I've always had trouble with and never really found a method to get myself to hack when I didn't want to. Anyway no matter what, if you enjoy doing this, keep doing it. :)

The only thing I think I find wrong with your legend is that it just kind of throws the information at me, and I feel like it's slightly overdramatic as well. Well I mean it's not like the other games aren't dramatic, but..

Destiny Demon said:
    ... They fought forever, but still, Arceus couldn't beat it. So then, it trapped it in the Black World. The Black World is where dead souls go and get tortured by Hellideath's anger. And Hellideath was cursed to stay in the Black World for 999,999 years, one year before Arceus woke up, which was 1,000,000 years."

This is really kind of taking a fairly decent story idea and stretching it a bit too far. They fought "forever"? Cursed to stay in the Black World for "999,999" years? Why is it 999,999? And how did Arceus sleep? One of the things I do most is question the logic behind the stories; why should I believe it if it doesn't make much sense to begin with? If maybe worded a little less fancily and perhaps rewritten to "show not tell", then I think this would be much better at being a legend. If you want an example, go look at Thrace's Genesis thread; yeah, I realize that that legend was mostly from the Pokemon games already, but it's a legend that makes you want to read it and understand it and etc. I'm not really getting that vibe from this.

Your story is improved over the legend but it's not perfect either. I'm a strong advocate of saying that the story is telling what's going on without actually saying what's going on. "You choose one, and he chooses one." That really just tells me what I'm going to expect in the game, not what the whole idea of the game is about. Honestly I think if you get that legend down right, that could really just work for the story of your game. It'll make the players believe that they will somehow have a role in that legend (which I presume they will) and that excites people. :D

Your screens look pretty good. I'm not a fan of the tiles but I'm not disliking them either; it's a nice balance, I guess. A small thing to point out is that I'm not a fan of those one-tile walkways as seen in your second screen, but that's an easy thing to fix. Your grammar is nearly perfect and your scripting is sound; that's something I definitely appreciate. :3

Really, I don't have much to comment about the screenshots error-wise. They look pretty good to me. :> I might actually play this one-gym beta. :D

Anyway, to sum it up, if you patch up the legend a bit I think this is probably one of the best hacks in the Progressing Hacks section. Now don't go pull a Vrai and drop a hack that has potential. ;3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • First thing I notice is that your hack matches your name. You planned that, yeah? ;)

Your introduction totally reminds me of my own hack that I had quite some time ago. Like, I had the exact same mindset you do now back then. "I'll never give up hacking until I finish this!" - I hope you keep to that. It's something I've always had trouble with and never really found a method to get myself to hack when I didn't want to. Anyway no matter what, if you enjoy doing this, keep doing it. :)

The only thing I think I find wrong with your legend is that it just kind of throws the information at me, and I feel like it's slightly overdramatic as well. Well I mean it's not like the other games aren't dramatic, but..

This is really kind of taking a fairly decent story idea and stretching it a bit too far. They fought "forever"? Cursed to stay in the Black World for "999,999" years? Why is it 999,999? And how did Arceus sleep? One of the things I do most is question the logic behind the stories; why should I believe it if it doesn't make much sense to begin with? If maybe worded a little less fancily and perhaps rewritten to "show not tell", then I think this would be much better at being a legend. If you want an example, go look at Thrace's Genesis thread; yeah, I realize that that legend was mostly from the Pokemon games already, but it's a legend that makes you want to read it and understand it and etc. I'm not really getting that vibe from this.

Your story is improved over the legend but it's not perfect either. I'm a strong advocate of saying that the story is telling what's going on without actually saying what's going on. "You choose one, and he chooses one." That really just tells me what I'm going to expect in the game, not what the whole idea of the game is about. Honestly I think if you get that legend down right, that could really just work for the story of your game. It'll make the players believe that they will somehow have a role in that legend (which I presume they will) and that excites people. :D

Your screens look pretty good. I'm not a fan of the tiles but I'm not disliking them either; it's a nice balance, I guess. A small thing to point out is that I'm not a fan of those one-tile walkways as seen in your second screen, but that's an easy thing to fix. Your grammar is nearly perfect and your scripting is sound; that's something I definitely appreciate. :3

Really, I don't have much to comment about the screenshots error-wise. They look pretty good to me. :> I might actually play this one-gym beta. :D

Anyway, to sum it up, if you patch up the legend a bit I think this is probably one of the best hacks in the Progressing Hacks section. Now don't go pull a Vrai and drop a hack that has potential. ;3
    No I didn't. I just like the word Destiny. xD;

Yeah I will finish this hack! I won't give up even if it takes me 10 years. xD; Okie, maybe o-o xD;

...But? I have to keep reading. o.o

Well, you know, not "forever", but for a long time? Does that sound fair? xD. And Arceus slept after it created the universe, it already says that in the Sinnoh "myths". x) And I dunno, I just chose a million years for Arceus's slumber. And I want Hellideath to come out a year later to make this story exciting, and the next hack in the series will make it more sense. x]

And yeah, they will. I should explain that, right? I did a little, when I say they befriend legendary Pokemon. xP But you're right.

And thanks, this may be the nicest paragraph of the review xD;

Thanks again xD;

Thank you for the review Vrai. I will use it to make the thread better, =] Thanks. =P

nice hack!
    i played the demo and its really intresting and fun :)
    cant wait for new release!
    Thank you very much =D

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Well, you know, not "forever", but for a long time? Does that sound fair? xD. And Arceus slept after it created the universe, it already says that in the Sinnoh "myths". x) And I dunno, I just chose a million years for Arceus's slumber. And I want Hellideath to come out a year later to make this story exciting, and the next hack in the series will make it more sense. x]

And yeah, they will. I should explain that, right? I did a little, when I say they befriend legendary Pokemon. xP But you're right.

Thank you for the review Vrai. I will use it to make the thread better, =]

Aha, okay. I just kind of think that using exact dates and things like that make it seem less surreal like most legends I enjoy tend to be. I think maybe by making it less definite that Hellideath will be out a year before Arceus comes back you can get a better version off of that. I mean what if Hellideath comes back but Arceus never wakes up, and you never know when/if he will? You could build a whole storyline off of that (trying to wake up Arceus? Idk, just throwing around ideas) but I think the big thing here is to try to get away from the little details and shoot for the big ideas. The same applies to your storyline, you know?

You're most definitely welcome. ;)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Aha, okay. I just kind of think that using exact dates and things like that make it seem less surreal like most legends I enjoy tend to be. I think maybe by making it less definite that Hellideath will be out a year before Arceus comes back you can get a better version off of that. I mean what if Hellideath comes back but Arceus never wakes up, and you never know when/if he will? You could build a whole storyline off of that (trying to wake up Arceus? Idk, just throwing around ideas) but I think the big thing here is to try to get away from the little details and shoot for the big ideas. The same applies to your storyline, you know?

You're most definitely welcome. ;)
    I dunno, maybe Arceus sensed Hellideath's power? Maybe I should say it takes a year for Hellideath's new powers to calm down. =3 And thanks.

Small Update ~
    Just some new screenshots. And yep, you can catch Kyogre in the next download, as well as some others ;]

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Wow! I like the 2nd screenshot! Nice you got there! OMG!

Nice Graphics! Whew! Now I can't really wait for Kyogre!

Your development is so fast! Keep it up Destiny Demon!

Nice update! Hope there's more! :P
    Thanks ^_^ Right now I'm scripting a Team Rocket event. =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back