• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I think the sprite is really good. Just two things, and if it comes out the wrong way, then I apologize in advance.

1) make the hands more rounded at the tips.

2) the red (right from our view) ball on its head should have a different shading to it. because its under the fluff, there would be a shadow instead of shading from the right going left.
    It should be upper left going to the lower right (shadow)

EDIT: I understand what you mean by it coming true, but since we're on the internet, sometimes we can't show our emotion of words correctly.

Somtimes the context of one phrase can have 5 different meanings and it can sound completely rude, when in actualality (misspell, lol) its actually really nice.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Okay, but I bet you $100 that everything I said will come true...

So, is anyone else going to comment on the sprite?

Edit:

Thanks. But I still bet $100 that some of the things I've said will come true.

You're absolutely right there. This game wouldn't be great with out me. But it wouldn't be great without you either. Or with the lack of anyone else on the team.
    This game needs all of us to be good, not just me, or you, or the mapper, or the inserter. It needs all of us, and we all need to work as a team

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
    Alright, I feel I need to say something here. West, please don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way, ok? No one is trying to take credit for your sprites, ok? Sometimes critique can sound a bit mean, but with the crowd thats doing most of the critique on this thread, I can just about guarantee you that it is not intentionally mean. All Vannah wants to do is improve on your base. I am not going to give credit for each and every individual sprite in the credits, I will just have a spriter section, and you and Vannah will be put in there with equal credit. This game would flump without either of you, and I hope you know that ^^ I thougt I'd say this before it spiralled into an all out argument, which is not something I want to see here. I hope this can clear things up a bit ^^

Off that topic, onto the progress: Well, its about the same as usual, apart from the advance of sprites. There have been some minor issues with scripts, but we are now fixing them up now. Its nothing serious, its just a minor delay is all ^^ Now I just have to work out how to delete maps from A-Map.... Can anyone shed some light on that subject for me?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    You're absolutely right there. This game wouldn't be great with out me. But it wouldn't be great without you either. Or with the lack of anyone else on the team.
    This game needs all of us to be good, not just me, or you, or the mapper, or the inserter. It needs all of us, and we all need to work as a team

Yes.

I think the sprite is really good. Just two things, and if it comes out the wrong way, then I apologize in advance.

1) make the hands more rounded at the tips.

2) the red (right from our view) ball on its head should have a different shading to it. because its under the fluff, there would be a shadow instead of shading from the right going left.
    It should be upper left going to the lower right (shadow)

EDIT: I understand what you mean by it coming true, but since we're on the internet, sometimes we can't show our emotion of words correctly.

Somtimes the context of one phrase can have 5 different meanings and it can sound completely rude, when in actualality (misspell, lol) its actually really nice.

Okay, edit, here I come!

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)
    By the way, doesn't he have a weird name? Runcass...

And Mac, I was wondering that myself. I could go look, and experiment, when I have the time.

Edit: Mac, at the moment, I can't figure out how to erase maps, but I can (I think) re-locate maps, ect. Could you explain what you need?

Last edited:
    Years
    It's looking great West, I just noticed one more thing, on its right arm where the lower arm overlaps the upper, add a little black outlining and a slight bit of shading to show the overlap.
    Other than that, that I can see, it's great.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    It's looking great West, I just noticed one more thing, on its right arm where the lower arm overlaps the upper, add a little black outlining and a slight bit of shading to show the overlap.
    Other than that, that I can see, it's great.

Okay, thanks.

How about now?

And Mac, could you explain what you need done over a PM or something? I know how to re-locate maps, ect.

Years
    Great dude, its awesome.
    I just noticed something else, but I'm pretty sure this is the last thing

On the highest part of its head, before the fluff. The darker brown part. should be more rounded then pointy.
    Sorry about this one, but its hands are actually suppose to be rounded and comes to a point at the bottom of its hand (looking at the original art)

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Great dude, its awesome.
    I just noticed something else, but I'm pretty sure this is the last thing

On the highest part of its head, before the fluff. The darker brown part. should be more rounded then pointy.
    Sorry about this one, but its hands are actually suppose to be rounded and comes to a point at the bottom of its hand (looking at the original art)

Okay, here it is!

And I have one with blue eyes.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    No, the white is the light shining off of them.

And I was just trying something with blue eyed one, so I'll get the first one to Mac. Thanks. ^^

Hey West. Don't sprite the second evo of that chain just yet. I don't think that it's a very good concept, so I'm thinking we should just throw it out. ;) You've done a great job with this chain though. It's not normally the kind of chain I would be attracted to doing.

Years
    Oh my bad, sorry yeah I see it now.
    Sometimes it's light shining off, while others its a white pupil, so I wasn't sure.
    Great job with the sprite.

Sparkcaster

Banned
    Years
    Everything is going great!.. but for the fakemons.. it needs a little more shading.. other then that, everything else is great :D

~Sparkcaster~

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2013
    Are all of the fakemon gonna have shiny sprites as well? Because if you are then you need 1000 sprites (normal front / shiny front / normal back / shiny back).

That sounds like a big challenge ^_^

Anyway, looks good. I'll be sure to play when the beta comes out :)

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Well, the shiny sprites certainly aren't our main concern at the moment. But it's likely that we'll have those in the future. ;)

Wait a second... so we really are planning to have shinies??!!?

That would be a lot of work... considering we haven't even completed all the regular-colored Fakemon sprites yet... lol

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Nope, I'm saying it for the fact, you can't do it. It only works with a Shiny Backsprite. And with fakemon it is compatible. So, fakemon and their shinies cannot be included in-game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back