• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
  • Well people, I've got some news. Some wonderful news. Some brilliant news. Some amazing news.

I just got a new sweatshirt.

On a side note, I've decided to carry on work with Torzach *Loud trumpet playing*
    Thats right people, its the moment you've all (Well, some of you, at least) have been waiting for. Torzach is back in business ^^ You're gonna have to give us a little while to get things kicked off again, as I haven't even told any of the team members I'm restarting. I imagine I'll be in need of some more help as well, as good ol' me's come up with some even more insane, crazy ideas. So Torzach's gonna be even bigger and badder than it was before. The plan is to include every single Fakemon we had before, expand on the storyline, try and include new regions, bigger maps, remove gym leaders (Or had I already one that? I can't remember >.<) new moves and stuff (Yeah, thats right. Stuff. What stuff? I'm still thinking it up :D) and on top of that, I'm going to consider switching to RPG Maker XP. Unless, of course, the people want it to stay as a hack. I don't mind either way, but if we do switch to RPGXP, I'm really, reeeally going to need some more help, especially when it comes to all those fancy codes and doo-dah's. So spread the word people, Torzach's back, and we're better than ever. I'm lookin' for Mappers, scripters, spriters, and chefs. Why chefs, you ask? Well, I'm not exactly sure yet, but I'm sure I'll find some good reason :P
    I'm also in serious, serious, serious need of a brilliant tile inserter. Some of you remember Vannah's completely amazing tiles she sprited. Well, I need someone to insert them. It would also be handy if they knew how to reduce colours a little bit without making the tiles look like something the snorlax dragged in. So bring on the applications, bring on the comments, bring on the criticism ^^ It's all welcome~

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Awesome! Torzach's back on!
    You say you need tile-inserters/mappers/spriters?
    I am a tileinserter(pretty good),mapper(ok),spriter(mainly tiles), and Titlescreen Editor(Everything)
    My Tile thread in Pixel art is proof for spriting..
    Tile insertiong.. First of all i make tiles.. so ofcourse i can insert, secondly pm me for the proof.
    Mapper/Titlescreen: PM me

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    We're back? Hale-freakin'-lujah! I'm SO glad. I won't able to do anything until Christmas Break, though. Midterms and Finals suck. Plus, I broke my arm. Sorry. (Not like I do much anyway...)

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Wait we're back on? Sweet, that gives me a reason to get onto those tiles ^.^

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Hey MM,

First, it's great to hear that you are back. This is definitely one of the most interesting projects out there, and it would be a shame to see such creativity go to waste. Clearly, by my post count, I don't comment on things all too often, but I felt strongly enough to post here. I think you should consider very seriously keeping Torzach as a hack as long as you can still have it contain all of the awesomeness that you have planned for it. While there are many interesting games being developed for RMXP, I believe that there are not nearly enough quality Fakemon hacks out there (this one may very well surpass most of them). Regardless, I'm sure the project will turn out great, so here is to the best of luck finishing.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    YES!
    MegaMaccer has a new sweatshirt!
    And, I suppose that Torzach's revival is kind of cool too...
    Oh, and personally, I'd kind of prefer it in hack form. Since you've got so many ideas, maybe you could make a sequel later in RMXP form.

MegaMaccer

Years
  • Ok guys, a hack it is. I've already got a few of the members back on board, so we'll get to work ASAP. For now though, as I have no new screenies, have a look at this. It's concept art for one of the Fakemon that's going in. I've credited the owner in the first post, so don't stress about that, and if anyone fancies accusing me of stealing (although I know you won't :P) can we do it over VM? I hate having rows via the thread.
    Anyway, introducing Wallabori, the baby Kangaroo pokemon; Enjoy~
    Spoiler:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • hay y r u stealin dat fakmun, im report u 2 da admins

Anyway, I think I can fit in some free time to help you. If you wish.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Aww...Its nice to see people make their own pokemon i may do that as well :D

amtrax

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I said I would get onto some tile inserting and I did,
    screen1-1-1.png

Note to Vannah: we need small trees and bushes that match these...

Last edited:

Biggee30

The Oldschool Hip-Hop Fan
    Years
  • Hey, I'm glad to see you're going to resume the project, Mac. To be honest, I had lost all hope for the project a couple weeks back, but it's great to see you're reviving the game. Good luck with it. Also, have you by any chance considered the fakemon concepts I posted on the torzach forums? It's ok if you don't like them though, because now that I look back at them, they seem kind of amateurish.

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • God, I always see the "proffesor" misspelling...It's "professor", actually. Other than that...hey, wait a sec, are those REALLY Fake Pokemon? 'Cause they sure look real to me!

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
    Years
  • Well, it's good to see that this Hack is back.
    However, I would have to disagree on the idea on
    having this game made in RPG Maker XP.

Having this as a Hack will be better.

YES
    Hack will be better.
    I hope u can finish the hack before doing the new project in RMXP. .
    i love GBA coz i can speed up the speed/frameskip.

MegaMaccer

Years
  • hay y r u stealin dat fakmun, im report u 2 da admins

Anyway, I think I can fit in some free time to help you. If you wish.
    I may take you up on that ^^
    Aww...Its nice to see people make their own pokemon i may do that as well :D
    Thanks~
    I said I would get onto some tile inserting and I did,
    screen1-1-1.png

Note to Vannah: we need small trees and bushes that match these...
    Looks very good, can you do the smaller trees and buildings now? :P Oh, and the paths ^^
    Hey, I'm glad to see you're going to resume the project, Mac. To be honest, I had lost all hope for the project a couple weeks back, but it's great to see you're reviving the game. Good luck with it. Also, have you by any chance considered the fakemon concepts I posted on the torzach forums? It's ok if you don't like them though, because now that I look back at them, they seem kind of amateurish.
    This is one project I won't let die, don't worry about that. In the worst situation, it'll go on hold for a while, but I'll always bring it back ^^ And no, I haven't seen those concepts, but I'll have another look later on today when I get the chance.
    God, I always see the "proffesor" misspelling...It's "professor", actually. Other than that...hey, wait a sec, are those REALLY Fake Pokemon? 'Cause they sure look real to me!
    Where did you see that proffesor spelling? I would never spell it like that :D It must have been my scripter, I should probably go and yell at them now... alright, all sorted, that won't be in the Alpha ^^
    YES
    Hack will be better.
    I hope u can finish the hack before doing the new project in RMXP. .
    i love GBA coz i can speed up the speed/frameskip.
    Funny, that's the main reason I want to stay as a hack too :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No updates just yet guys, but some opinions on the tiles and concept would be great. Spread the word around, we need all the advice we can get to make this project as fun and official as we can.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Yes, Torzach is back, baby! >D Mac, I'm all ready to start spritin' when you need it! Just say the word!

I also agree with keeping Torzach a hack. Mainly because it rhymes this will be considered one of the best hacks of all time.

amtrax

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Looks very good, can you do the smaller trees and buildings now? :P Oh, and the paths ^^
    I havent recieved any smaller tree tiles and the only buildings I have are the pc and mart...

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • Wow, Torzach's really back!!! Hooray!!!

Congrats on your new sweatshirt, Mac! LOL

As always, I'm willing to help out in any little (or big) way I can.

Also, I think this should stay a hack. It just seems right that way. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back