• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
  • Pokemon: Gothic Black

WINNER (SORT OF) OF HACK OF THE WEEK #68!!!

About me...
    Who cares?
    Well, I am Zanny77. I have been doing sprites for about 2 months, and I am currently doing sprites (among other things) for Pokemon ToxicPurple, along with some odds and ends things for other hacks.

Plot...
    What a twist!

Why not read the intro?
    Spoiler:

Features
    You think I know how to script?!
    -New hero/heroine:
    {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

-New characters, new scenery, new maps, new trainers, new rival, and of course...
    -FAKEMON.
    -Complete new region
    -New team
    -Complete redesign of scenery, items, buildings, ground
    -An ultimate 10 trainer non-stop battle near the end...although other details are still pending.
    -Real music will be added to each map and battle.

Spoiler:

Slaves of Labor
    Work harder! *crack*
    -KostK2Boss: Sprites!! :D
    -Fail-Z: Sprites!! :D
    -Zanny77: Everything else.

And...
    So, just put the other junk here?
    Any support/praise is appreciated. Also, constructive criticism IS appreciated as well. So feel free to point out flaws.

Thank you.

Zanny77

SCREENSHOTS
    Oooo...pretty...
    Spoiler:

BUGS/GLITCHES
    Way to screw everything up!

Red - Tres serieux
    Yellow - Playable through, but mal.
    Green - Pas mal
    Line-through - Ca va bien!

Title screen is glitched.
    In Mysterious Cave, you cannot run into wild Pokemon (not intentional)
    After talking to Happy Admin #1, after his speech, when he tries to disappear, all it does is make the screen darker.
    You cannot leave after entering some houses or caves in Hawthorne.

AWARDS
    This hack = Jethro Tull

Tied for winner of HotW #68!!! :D
    PlatinumPiano said:
    hackoftheweekumbersixtyeightgoestozany77forherhackgothicblackSHAZAM

SUPPORT BARS
    Why brown nose?

Hurray!! Got four! :D

Spoiler:

You know what to do...delete the *.

CREDITS
    Pay attention to them, not this hack.

Todoroki Is - for making a reply in my thread about this hack that made me so angry, I went and started this to prove him wrong. Ummm....thanks?

ckret2 - for inspiring me to hack, and babying me through how to script. Thank you! (I'm ckret2's #1 fan)

All of Pokecommunity - for supporting me, and especially to all those users who make tutorials (I think I've learned something from almost every one of them).

And last, but not least, Cierra or destinedjagold - for approving this thread! XD

UPDATES
    No! Why are you still posting?! Stop!!!

Fakemon done: 76

Spoiler:

Places mapped:
    Kyuss
    Spoiler:

Route 1
    Hawthorne
    Spoiler:

Mysterious Cave
    Route 2
    Linkin
    Route 3
    Route 4
    Armia
    Armia Mansion
    Route 5
    Dewford
    Underground Wood
    Spoiler:

Internet
    Spoiler:

Hacked Internet (In.. 7er..../ne7)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Well, its nice. I'm not a Goth myself, and sort of completely loath and detest the sort of music you are sticking in, but its not a huge deal to put the comp on mute. I'll be interested to see some new sprites, the screens look nice, you seem to be able to script. I'm not a fan of the story line, probably because I'm not a Goth or Emo (As stated above ^^)
    Anyway, I wish you luck with this, and I hope it excels.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Well, its nice. I'm not a Goth myself, and sort of completely loath and detest the sort of music you are sticking in, but its not a huge deal to put the comp on mute. I'll be interested to see some new sprites, the screens look nice, you seem to be able to script. I'm not a fan of the story line, probably because I'm not a Goth or Emo (As stated above ^^)
    Anyway, I wish you luck with this, and I hope it excels.
    Thanks....I figured that not a lot of people would like this idea, as there aren't that many goths/emos/metalheads/etc.
    As I'm working all on my lonesome, if I like the ideas, it stays. XD
    But anyway, thanks for the support.

And yes...LOTS of new sprites and LOTS of new scripts. O.O

Skater2theCore

Ninja Pimp
    Years
  • Looks like it will be a beast hack. Don't give up on it cause id really like to download it when you are done plus the music is cool

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    What are you thinking the main pokèmon to be? i could try to throw a userbar together for you

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • What are you thinking the main pokèmon to be? i could try to throw a userbar together for you
    Userbar = AWESOME. Make it happen. :D
    I really don't know what image you could use for it though...I haven't inserted any Pokemon.
    Main Pokemon = I don't know. This game is going to, yes, have Fakemon (although I am debating having a Fakemon-free version as well).
    The story revolves around this "Mystic Legendary Pokemon" that will save the region when peace, love, and happiness engulf the region, but currently, I haven't created the Pokemon yet. :\

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Seriously...seeing only inside building-screens is really..not nice. But the story is kinda nice, though.
    Keep it up, and I hope to see some more screens:D

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Hmmmm.
    I decided to make you a userbar.

Hope you like it?

I do like, although Duskull isn't even going to be in the game. {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black
    I'll use it, though. {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black <-----I just like that smiley

Seriously...seeing only inside building-screens is really..not nice. But the story is kinda nice, though.
    Keep it up, and I hope to see some more screens:D

Yes, I will have more...outdoor screens up, but I REALLY want to wait until I've inserted new tiles.
    I PROMISE when I get some new tiles in, I will get new screens. I'm probably going to have to make my own, though. There aren't too many dreary, gothic looking Pokemon tilesets out there. :\

But yea, I will get some new screens out. {HotW #68} Pokemon: Gothic Black

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • *Activates magic anti-double post powers*

So, an update.

I haven't worked on this game in a while, as school and regular life have been busying me to NO END. I haven't been able to work, but I have gotten back into things. I hope to have either the main character OWs or the opening main character sprites done by Saturday. I have found a few glitches...one of which is not neccessary to the game, the other is just a messed up board in the Underground Wood. However, I should have some sprites inserted by Saturday, and maybe I'll actually work on some scripts! By the end of next week, I am hoping to have the first town scripted.

And maybe I'll actually CHANGE SOMETHING in the start house. XD

Years
    • Seen today
    Wow The music is a really cool idea!!
    I've always wanted to put real music in a hack game!
    But are you legally allowed??
    anyways cool idea!!

*Edit

In Flames We Trust
    Ireland

Good to see another supporter ^_^

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Wow The music is a really cool idea!!
    I've always wanted to put real music in a hack game!
    But are you legally allowed??
    anyways cool idea!!

*Edit

In Flames We Trust
    Ireland

Good to see another supporter ^_^
    Legality.............

idk...
    But I include credits and copywrite info (I know that's not enough), so idk for now. I'm pretty sure adding in the music will be last. Also, I'm sure that for the Pokemon songs to be added from R/S/E will be fine, and I can ask thumphrey for permission to use his cover (which is Tool...sort of). So yea....working on that.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • This game seems like fun. I was a former Metalhead, but still listen to the music. (As my name is the title of a Megadeth song...)
    Keep up the work!
    Why thanks. Megadeth is awesome. \m/
    Just an update: I got Pokemon Diamond on my DS. I have pretty much ditched any life I still had, and have pretty much ignored this hack...I will probably start seriously working in a few days.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey Zanny I did my best with the user bar i just couldn't get a great gardivoir sprite for you seeing as in it's a tall pokemon its not a great size for a userbar but you can ask me to change anything about it i dont mind ^_^

So here you go

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Hey Zanny I did my best with the user bar i just couldn't get a great gardivoir sprite for you seeing as in it's a tall pokemon its not a great size for a userbar but you can ask me to change anything about it i dont mind ^_^

So here you go

It's great!!!....but my computer doesn't want to load it. D:
    Could you upload it through photobucket or something and then put it here? Thanks. :)

Totally support this hack! Can't wait to play it, love the music choices too. More power to you!
    Thanks! I love getting support like this. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back