• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How about a new pokemon anime spin-off series targeted at an older audience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • I guess I would probably watch it but I don't think that's gonna happen...
    Not to mention if they did not get good story author, this dream of us could easily become our worst nightmare...

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Yeah, the 'darker/mature' series could go either way. But still, you can count on me to watch it in Japanese so if the dub completely screws it up, I wouldn't have to worry.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I agree, but I don't know why people keep bringing this up all the time. There have been like a thousand threads to this effect, bro.

Anyway, if it did happen, I would definitely be interested in watching the result. Using Best Wishes as an example, what I don't know is whether or not I would want to see a mature version of Cilan, Ash and Iris, or if new characters should be created and let loose in the Black & White universe.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2018
    How about a remake series based on the XY anime series and the "X and Y" games, but with a whole bunch of fillers and twists, not to mention darker elements, such as death?

In this series, 18-year-old Calem from Vaniville Town embarks on his new journey to become Kalos League Champion. He travels with 10 others, including childhood friend Serena.

There will be new elements in this series, including a boys-only counterpart to the Showcases, known as the Games of Heroes, or simply "the Games".

There will be 200 episodes in this series, the first 100 taking up the whole first season.

If any of you agree with my idea, just ler me know!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Isn't that essentially what Origins was? And kinda what generations is?

I'd like to see Generations fleshed out as a full length series, sure. I have less interest in an adult version of a show I watched as a kid with the same characters etc but a massively different tone and style because that's what DragonBall Super is and DBS is actually beyond bad. Ash and co should stay young and keep getting rerolled for young audiences because thats what they're designed to appeal to

Years
  • Please check the date of the last post before posting. The last reply to this thread was before 4 years.
    I'm closing this but feel free to make another thread if you want!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back