• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How are you going to play the 5th Gen Games?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I've never EV'd in any game of Pokemon ever and I certainly don't plan to start now.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Ev'd all of my Pokemon. I'm traumatized saw my beloved Meganium had 154 attack stat while its spec attack only 120. Since then seeing my pokemon growth properly=fun. EV training not that bad in my opinion, its add little fun for me. I also have Pokerus in my platinum, it will be a bit foolish if i'm not ev'd train my pokemon. But never do breeding, nature, IV, or anything random like that.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm going to play through the game once for fun, get the hang of Isshu, learn about the new 100+ Pokémon in it, then restart and do a challenge.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I will play the storyline for fun and relax (I don't care about IV, EV or even nature, just fun :))
    Once I have done the storyline many times, I will start to build some nice competitive team with the new pokemon.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • I'm gonna play with whatever Pokémon I like on the first run (Black)
    On my second run (White, on AK2i) I'm gonna Nuzlocke it.
    And then on my original Black, I'm going to start making competitive teams.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I don't know about you guys but I am going to catch and train every pokemon I find on my very first play through of the 5th generation games. That way I can see which pokemon are better from my own experiences.

I usually just catch the first pokemon I find and use them, but I wanted to do something different.

What are you guys going to do when you play the 5th gen games?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Well when its a first of one of the games i go as in-depth as i can! So i will talk to every person, get every pokemon (available) ect... But whe a third of the games come, i usually just progress through the story, only catching pokemons that are nesceasarry to proceed

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I'm planning on playing it the catch and train tons of Pokemon, as opposed to a team of six, this time. That way I'll learn about the new Pokemon faster.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • yea im going to do it differently, ill probably switch to a new team every gym or so to keep things fresh :) though ill do some things the same like catch every pokemon i see that's not in my pokedex :p

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • all i can say is... beat the game by monopokemoning (zoruak, the starters are sh*t) then import all of my gen 4 pokemon (hopefully they have a pal park type thing) restart gen 4 games, import, restart import, and my pokemon Black version will be EXTREME!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    im glad to see a bunch of players who just wanna have fun :D i was worried thered be only a handful lol ^_^

i unintentionally EV my pokemon threwout the storyline, usually maxin out speed lol

Guy Buttersnaps

World's Best Boss
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Ya, the idea is to do both. You play through the game regularly and when you're done and have beaten it, then you worry about EV training and getting a team or two ready for competitive battling. They're not mutually exclusive.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I'm into EV-training and natures and IVs and all that junk, but I've never EV-trained when trying to play through the first time o_O it takes too much time and it's not like the gyms or Elite Four ever require that much effort.

I'll just do what I always do with the games: get through the storyline and fart around for a while. It entirely depends on what features Black and White will include and what will differ from the other games. I'm used to having Platinum as my RNG/breeding/EV hub and it works out fine, so there's no real need to change it. /shrug

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Fun. I may be a competitive battler, but EV training through out the game the first time is pretty much impossible, especially if we don't know what EV the new Pokemon give off. So, I will be just cruising through the game with fun~

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I always just play through normally, but when they crack the (inevitable) random number generator in the game...time for breeding =D

Back