• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How are you preparing for the release of HG/SS?

What will you do?

• Playing the old G/S/C games

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • Not to play the old G/S/C games

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Just... continue with mah life.

Votes: 40 21.4%
  • Stay in my chair looking at the clock until the day comes.

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Forget pokemon for a while, and in one year, I return and the games ARE HERE!

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I won't play the games anyway...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New games? I didn't know about those!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing special, just keep up with the news.

Votes: 69 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    Well actually before I even heard of HG/SS I was playing Crystal. Now I am not gonna play that or G/S so I still get the same good feeling I did when I first played them. I cant wait!!!!!

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    replaying silver ^^
    also trying to get the teams leveled to beat pokemon stadium 2 R2 (dam clair ><)

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Just keeping up with my life, but checking the news everyday, just to be updated. Heh :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    News is something that I keep in my priority before the games are finally released in the US actually. With the news and moving on with my daily life. However, I don't want to go back playing the originals, because for one my original Silver seems to be dying on me. Not to mention, there are certain things I want left to remain a surprise within the game. For me to actually gain back that nostalgic feel after so many years, I want to play the remakes and say, "Oh hey! I remember this. Wow, talk about memories." So, I prefer to keep the forgotten hidden until I come to actually play the games. I could import it however, but I rather wait until I can understand it all and just save my money as well. However, I'm definitely ready for the games to come out now, though I find the days going by rather quickly for me nevertheless. Also, just like Platinum came by so fast after hearing the US release date, I expect no less for the remakes.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I'm going to train my Pokemon in DPPt until they're good enough to send over to Hg/Ss. But I think that you'll have to do some kind of mission to gain the ability to trade between the games, like what you had to do in Fr/Lg.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I'm finding it very hard to wait. Though in the meantime I've been working a lot and at any other moment watching pokemon on my pc lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    Continuing with life, becuase I have loads of stuff to do, but when the games come out then I will play them constantly (yes, I will buy both), until I complete them.

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
    I'm doing nothing specific myself. Just finished Platinum after a month of playing (May 26th - June 26th: it took so long because of exams) and have started on a new Crystal file. I'd like to think I know GSC inside out from playing them so much since 2001, so I can't say i'm playing them in preparation or anything really.

Other than that I check for news updates on the games whenever I can, and just get on with my normal life. I've most likely got a busy year ahead of me next year, so the wait for the games to come out in the UK shouldn't be too tedious.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Nothing specific, but taking the day one step at a time. I'm basically living life normally, but keeping up with the daily or monthly news that we obtain for has the games. I would like to play Silver, however my game file has been corrupted seeing as the battery's life has died basically. Though, I guess in a way it may be beneficial because it wouldn't ruin any old events within the game that I might have done before and forgotten currently. This keeps the surprise waiting and the feel of nostalgia coming back when I obtain the remake myself to actually play it through.

However, I have been thinking of starting a team for the future Battle Tower in the game so when I do get to that point and time I will be able to directly challenge the Johto Battle Tower without any dely fro, extra training. I'm very excitied though, but if I study it constantly it'll only seem as time is moving by too slowly each day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well TC, you should have made the poll in such a way so that it could get votes from the same person for multiple options, because I know I am doing at least three of these.

Well, I'm keeping up with the news most of the time for now.

I am also going to play Crystal again. Well, my little bro will play it actually, and I'll watch. Playing this will only take about 2 to 3 days at maximum.

And also, I'm just continuing on with my life. I'm not obsessed with these news, or the game.

Poke'Master24

Got my Wi-Fi Jirachi
    Years
    Eh, I'm in college, so this isn't my life. But Pokemon is my favorite video game. just brings back memories of the good old days
    I'm just replaying Pearl and adding a Typhlosion as the only non-Sinnoh guy on my team. I was thinking about replaying Crystal.

Back