• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How big is your HDD and how much of it is full?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Self explanatory. I have a 750 gb HDD and it's filled with mostly TV shows and movies.
    ARCdcAl.png

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I have heaps of hard drives, I doubt any of them are anywhere near being full though.

On my desktop I've got an internal SSD which is 120GB and that is full, and a 2TB HDD which only has around 500GB full. I've also got a 2TB external archive drive I use which is also around 300GB full. I tend to delete any files I know I won't be using while archiving anything I think is worth it.

Then I've got a portable 500GB drive which only ever gets around 100GB full which I take all my University and design work around in.

My laptop never has anything filling it either (500GB SSD), I'm usually storing most work files on the hard drive and then copying them to the desktop before updating them etc. Right now it's only around 100GB full including programs and work files. But when I'm rendering and working onsite it will probably fill up quickly.

And then I've got a 2TB dropbox subscription which has around 300GB of only design files and assets, and about 1GB full of my Google Drive :P.

But yeah, a lot of stuff. I think there will probably be heaps more people with more then me.

Years
  • I've only scratched the surface of my HDD, using up 44 of the ~700 GB available to me (and most of that is still default programs and apps that I haven't bothered to uninstall). The hard drive on my old computer was only 40 GB, so I conditioned myself for so long to delete every last thing that I wasn't using, and 4 months later I still haven't broken out of that habit. That's not a bad thing I guess, but I don't expect to be reaching 700 GB worth of files and programs on here any time soon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I had to recently buy another external drive since both I had are almost full.

• my laptop has 60gb, almost full before I bought my 2nd hard drive, mostly with family photos & videos, SimCity 4 downloads, music... currently I moved almost everything to my other Hard Drive, so it's only 12gb used for programs to keep laptop running and another 8gb for recent downloads or moving photos & videos from my cell phone/3DS XL before organizing on one of my external hard drives.

• had another external HD 500gb, which got full after a while with more family photos/videos, tv show & movies, lots of Pokemon related stuff. Before buying my 2nd hard drive, it was 490gb full. Currently only 50gb is used for music. I deleted lots of files I didn't need, mostly some I had 2 or 3 copies of.

• mid March, I bought another hard drive, a 2tb drive, moved majority of family photos/videos, most of my TV Shows and Movie collection on it, my entire Sim City 4, and lots of other junk stuff I have gotten along the years.

Laptop: 60GB - used up: 20gb
    1st Hard Drive: 500GB - used up: 50gb
    2nd Hard Drive: 2TB - used up: 750gb

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Currently, my laptop's system drive is a 1 TB Laptop SSHD. There's 432 GB remaining in the drive. Most of it is taken up by my games library, followed by photos and videos. There are also several virtual machines and their virtual hard disk drives to take into account.

I'm not ready to go without spinning disks, obviously. Not yet.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • I have a 300 GB in my Computer, a TB in my laptop that is coming soon, and a TB external for Wii Games (homebrewed wii FTW) and some other stuff yet it still has like nothing on it yet.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • My laptop has a 640GB HDD, but only 578GB is actually useable. I have 450GB free so I've used 128GB. It has a few programs and documents, all of my pictures and music, and the rest is PC games.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • 1 TB on one laptop, another TB on other one. One 500 GB ext HDD and 1 128 GB msata SSD on first laptop.

900 GB worth of games on first laptop. 60 GB of SSD filled with Windows, League of Legends and misc small programs. Ext. HDD filled with movies,TV shows and anime. The other laptop is mostly empty.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have about 400 GB in my laptop, but 312 are available for using. Don't have much things in here, aside from a few pictures and text files. For music, there's always Internet, so thank god. :] As for RAM, there's about 3 GB. In my desktop (which I don't bother turning on anymore because of its slowness), has 800 GB, but only 200 are actually free. In my iBook, there's about 200 GB.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • 1TB, 99% full.

Gonna have to clean it up tonight before I record more. Really want to get a second one just for video.

Years
  • I have about 510GB total and.. 380 of it is free. About 100gb of that taken space is allotted into my Windows 7 Professional partition though. I don't have many files at all - all the good stuff like anime episodes and movies are stored on an external hard drive. (° °)b

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • My main HDD has 231GB of usable space. I've used 128GB and it's all programs and games. (The Elder Scrolls Online uses a whooping 50GB :S ). My documents, photos and music are stored in my 1TB HDD and 284GB are used. My music collection is almost 55GB.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Mine's 1TB. With the Sims 3 + all expansions, movies, anime seasons, cartoons, etc. I've used about 450GB of it.

:)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Main computer - 1 TB, 33.5 gb left.
    Backups - 1TB, ~400 GB left. 500 GB, ~50 GB left
    PS3 - 40 GB, half full. 1 TB, unused (Replacement drive, haven't installed it yet.)
    Spares - 3 TB, 1 TB, 3x 160 GB (1 Sata, 2 IDE), 2x 40 GB (IDE), 1x 20 GB (Laptop drive, ide) and a lot of others I've collected that may or may not work.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The desktop I'm typing this on has a 2TB HDD which is about 40% full.

I have an external HDD with 500GB with mods for various games and an upcoming laptop with 500GB HDD and 32GB SSD.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • My laptop, has about 490 GB on my laptop alone.
    I have an external hard drive though that I got awhile back, it's at 1 TB, but for the remaining space on my laptop is about 100 GB, and on my terra, about 400 GB left.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I actually have 2 HDD, one for movies and one for tv shows.
    The Movies one is 1TB bis and has ~450GB left on it, the one for Shows is 2TB and has 1,2 TBs left

Years
  • Got 1 HDD.
    It was 500GB but i split it to 301GB(207free) and 164GB(0,2free).
    One for files and one for Pokemon stuff xD

Back