• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How big of a pokemon fan are you?

Ummm I don't know defiantly not the biggest. I've played the games since '99. Watched the show since it first started on WB up until the Hoenn episodes started then I stopped. Me and my brothers probably spent all together like 4 grand on the cards, but that was only when the originals and the johto neo ones came out then we stopped buying them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    I guess iam pretty big i recently just got back into pokemon

I have some of the cards

Alot of there movies and Anime dvds

and i have most of there games

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Ummm I don't know defiantly not the biggest. I've played the games since '99. Watched the show since it first started on WB up until the Hoenn episodes started then I stopped. Me and my brothers probably spent all together like 4 grand on the cards, but that was only when the originals and the johto neo ones came out then we stopped buying them.

I remember someone I knew from school used to have a bunch of Pokemon cards. He had rare cards, etc. I went to a school with a lot of preppy stuck up kids, and they were always saying things to him like, "Lol why do you collect those? Seems like a waste of time."

He got fed up one day and tore up all the cards, and left them on the classroom floor of my English class.

I picked up and taped together his Zapdos.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I liek the pokeymanz thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!

on-topic;
    I'm a rather huge Pokemon fan.

Always loved the games, initially was a big fan of the card game, but what I'm trying to do now is to make an RPG Maker XP game. Too bad I suck at RPGMXP x.X

I remember someone I knew from school used to have a bunch of Pokemon cards. He had rare cards, etc. I went to a school with a lot of preppy stuck up kids, and they were always saying things to him like, "Lol why do you collect those? Seems like a waste of time."

He got fed up one day and tore up all the cards, and left them on the classroom floor of my English class.

I picked up and taped together his Zapdos.

That's harsh. Me and I my bros. collected them when they were new and hit elementary schools by storm. My school tried to restrict kids from bringing them but literally everyone had them and they just couldn't.

Lots of funny memories. Like for christmas everyone in my family got a pack in their stocking and my oldest brother who didn't even like them got a pack and he got Charizard (you know the original first one) and we all freaked out and he wouldn't give it to any of us just to annoy us. -.-

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I have over 200 Pokemon plushies, 389 (I think more or even less) of the Pokemon toys and I have pictures of them on my wall (as well as other animes I like), and of course I have all of the games except for Pokemon Ranger SOA, Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time and Pokemon Diamond

:t354:TG

silverdreams92

Team Rocket member at heart
    Years
    I just got back into it. I love it, though. I have all the games, first three movies, a huge Charizard plushie, small Charmander Marill and Togepi plushies, a huge Togepi plushie, tons of figurines, and I write fanfics for it. So I guess I`m a pretty big fan.

Poison Master Tox

Fierce Poison Expert
    Years
    I am a hardcore Bleach fan, if anything. But pokémon is a rather big part of my life, too.

I play pokémon almost every day. I own Fire Red, Leaf Green, Saphire, Emerald and Diamond. But I don't own any pokémon items, as I do with Bleach. Why? Because I don't have a fan-crush on a pokémon, silly :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    I have loads of cards, I dont play with them though, collected them when I was younger, some videos and I have platinum and pearl ^^ also I have seen every english-dubbed pokemon episode.. thats all, Im not a hardcore fan you see :)

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I am the biggest fan I know

I have toys
    movies
    games
    cards
    I collect fan art from deviantart and dowload them to my ipod
    I have every pokemon movie on my ipod
    Every song from the movie soundtracks of pokemon
    I want to get a pokemon green from ebay that way i,ll have every single game

Ayselipera

I guess you could say I'm loyal to the games and the show until the Hoenn part begins, but besides that I don't collect plushies, figures, etc.

Actually I just remembered I have a bunch of the old cards that first came out.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    I am a RIDICULOUSLY huge fan of pokemon!

I'm seventeen and I've been a fan of pokemon since I was old enough to hold a gameboy and comprehend the words as they flashed across the screen. ^_^ I can't really begin to tell exactly how many experiences I've had with pokemon, but I've played every pokemon game at least a little bit and at the age of thirteen I competed in my country's national pokemon video game championship tournament.

My room is covered in pokemon posters, I wear pokemon t-shirts, and sometimes I even carry a pokemon purse and I'm not ashamed of it even at my age. I am never seen anywhere without my Nintendo DS and my copies of Pokemon Diamond and Platinum versions. When we've ordered our food at a restaraunt I will sit there and play pokemon while we're waiting for it to come and I don't get embarrassed about it at all! Sometimes I even play when I'm walking around a store!

Seriously, no joke. ^^ LOLZ I am a pretty big fan.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I own nothing but a Gyarados plush toy and some of the games. But I would seriously give it all just to live the Pokemon trainer dream.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I simply love the series itself, but in actual I'm not mad over these...

I used to collect the cards, but stopped a looong time back once I had a little more than 2000.
    I didn't sell them, though, I have them stored somewhere in my house somewhat safely.
    I will never sell them or throw them away, or give them away. They might not be something I play with or something I'm very concerned with, but they keep memories within them - strong ones.

About the anime, I loved the anime a lot up to the middle of Johto, when it started to get off track of its original feel, and later in Hoenn the anime sucked totally in my opinion.
    I still know that if the decisions of remaking the episodes were given to me, I'd create them to be the best for myself - and if I ever go to heaven, I will actually remake these and live in the anime world, lol - yeah, I'm that great of a fan!

For the games, I played Crystal, then Red, then Gold, then Yellow, then Ruby and Sapphire, then Emerald, then Leaf Green, then Diamond, then Platinum, and now I will play Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    Yeah, I liked the games a lot, but even they are losing their original feel, as the competitive battle takes over the original purpose of these games - having fun, which is still the only thing I do.

So yeah, as much as a great fan I consider myself to be, I'm actually not mad over it, and neither do I spend most of my time with it.
    I don't even have anything else except those things I listed up here. It just maybe my age for which I have no attraction to the toys and plushies and dolls of the Pokemon series.
    But surely, peer pressure and stupid things like that will not get me off my favourite things.
    I just do whatever I like, and I couldn't care less about what one random person has to say against these in real life. In fact, I have never let anyone except my little bro actually know that I even like Pokemon.

Last edited:

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I'm not too big of a fan. I own most of the games, a big Pokeball, and some figurines that my friends gave me when I was depressed about a week ago. But really, that's it.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    I'm a loyal but not hardcore fan.

I own FireRed, Emerald, Pearl, and Platinum.
    I have the first 50 episodes of the anime on DVD.
    I have Pikachu, Munchlax, and Turtwig plushies in my room.
    I first got into Pokemon at age 5 or 6, and still love it at age 14!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'm pretty loyal and I still enjoy Pokemon, but I don't really have that spark of Pokemon fandom that I did when I was younger.

... the spark that made me go "OMG POKEMON CARDS AT TARGET!!" Yeah its gone.

Back