• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how can you tell if someone is racist or not?

Poki

Banned
    Years
    only white people can be racist

in the eyes of many

Double standarts FTW

Years

in the eyes of many

Racism is everywhere. After being in the military for 10 1/2 years, I have seen different races being racist towards others. Hell, I've seen blacks be racist against other blacks. Racist people hate or are scared of what they don't understand of a race. I lived in Japan for 4 years, and there are a lot of Japanese people that can't stand Americans. They have protesters marching near the Navy bases telling them to leave. I have made Japanese friends who were racist against Americans. We got to know each other, and became friends. I still keep in contact with them.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Racism is everywhere. After being in the military for 10 1/2 years, I have seen different races being racist towards others. Hell, I've seen blacks be racist against other blacks. Racist people hate or are scared of what they don't understand of a race. I lived in Japan for 4 years, and there are a lot of Japanese people that can't stand Americans. They have protesters marching near the Navy bases telling them to leave. I have made Japanese friends who were racist against Americans. We got to know each other, and became friends. I still keep in contact with them.

I know racism is everywhere but there are people in the world who think only white people can be racist.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    In america, when white people are racist, they do more damage because white people control most of
    america. For example, they only hire white people for job.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years

Double standarts FTW

You don't understand. This is my life, in a nutshell. Well, for being black(well isn't that racist), I can say that this is 90% true.

EDIT: Actuallllly......before I stir up arguments, I'll just say this is mostly true, in where I live.

Years
    In america, when white people are racist, they do more damage because white people control most of
    america. For example, they only hire white people for job.

And people can sue for discrimination. As for as I know many people in the US love to sue.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    And people can sue for discrimination. As for as I know many people in the US love to sue.

I must be a bad American, hell everyone I know must be bad Americans.

I literally do not know, no have EVER met a person that filed a suit against anyone. Ever.

Years
    I must be a bad American, hell everyone I know must be bad Americans.

I literally do not know, no have EVER met a person that filed a suit against anyone. Ever.

I'm not saying every american does it. But as far as I know it happens way more in America or at least threaten with suing.

Phantom1

Years
    I'm not saying every american does it. But as far as I know it happens way more in America or at least threaten with suing.

Honestly, it's a stereotype. I honestly don't know anyone that has filed anything at all. It's not common, it's just that there is a lot of it. And most of those people are asstards anyways.

Years
    Honestly, it's a stereotype. I honestly don't know anyone that has filed anything at all. It's not common, it's just that there is a lot of it. And most of those people are asstards anyways.

I guess people like to make out Americans as bad people hah.

Phantom1

Years
    I guess people like to make out Americans as bad people hah.

That sort of makes me want to file against someone for something ridiculous to see if I can get away with it. Like for like ten bucks. I need to research. Maybe get a friend in on it, just to make sure I'm a proper American, lol.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Y'know, over here we have them rich Chinese descendants or people who are racist against anyone that they classify as the poor Indonesian race.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    The only way to tell is when they start a sentence with "I'm not racist or anything but...."

Gonna play devil's advocate here, but there are some cases where people say that because they're unsure of where other people may lie and may not be aware of whether something is or is not racist. I mean, I think most times that people say that they are being racist, but it's important to consider that this is unlikely to be the case for all cases.

I feel like most Suburban Caucasians are racist or scared. I hear many of them (not all) speaking like "Oh no, I don't want to go to Brooklyn, I'm terrified of the black people that stand on the streets" meanwhile I pass by many of said black people with no harm done to me. They mind their own business like every other person around. The same goes for Bronx with Hispanics. Blacks and Hispanics only give dirty looks because you give us a dirty look first. That's just me though. I could be terribly wrong and get called out but that's fine.

You do realize that most people in these situations are more concerned about the crime rates than necessarily race? I do know there is racism around (I grew up around a pretty racist set of people) and maybe it's different in NYC but most people avoid Detroit and Pontiac because it's very dangerous, not because there's a lot of black people there. There are also a lot of black people in Southfield but many technology and automotive companies have their HQ there and white people aren't afraid of going there for work or even leisure - and that's because most of Southfield is much more safe than those aforementioned areas. As you can read in the Southfield article, most tension exists between income as opposed to race.

Southfield also offers more of a reason to go there - besides aforementioned jobs, there's also a very good university there and oftentimes they hold special events there too. The more dangerous parts of Detroit and Pontiac have very few attractions to invite anyone over there - when you go to Detroit to do something, you are almost certainly going to downtown, and if you're not, you're carrying a knife with you while you do that thing for Craigslist. lol

You should try to cast that aside.

Some people are only attracted to a particular race. It doesn't mean that they're racist. I see black people only together with other black people just as much as I see asians just with asians and whites just with whites.
    Fool! It's only racism when white people are involved! (although seriously, most people are attracted to people of their race). I just find dogtree's comment hilarious though, I mean, ****, I'm a white woman mainly attracted to big black guys, does that make me racist because I prefer black people? Probably would say no because it's okay when its black lawl. You really can't judge what people are attracted to at the end of the day. That's almost as stupid as saying things like BDSM is inherently misogynistic (to which I ask, how do you explain female dommes?!)

Seriously though? If you're judging anyone for their race, you're a racist. You don't have to say a special word. You can be racist to any race and any person.

Think it's impossible? I've had people judge me because I'm white. Here's one example - I was in a school hallway, and, being a dope, I forgot my headphones at work. I was about to play Pokemon Showdown, and as I was starting it up I talked to the woman next to me. It turns out she was on a phonecall with a blue tooth device, so I walked over and took another bench, knowing I would make noise and not wanting to interrupt her phone call. She then proceeded to tell her friend about how racist I was and how I felt uncomfortable around dark skinned people.

I'm sorry, I do something considerate for you, you do not ****ing turn that around and turn it into the race card. Please try to tell me that I "deserved" it.

Another instance of racism against white people is when people assume that they were descended from plantation owners who owned slaves. Not only is this the whole "sin of your fathers" argument (you're guilty of things because of who you are as opposed to what you actually did), but it, in many cases, isn't necessarily true (I have ancestral proof going over 400 years proving none of my bloodlines owned black slaves in that time, for example) - and there were even black people who owned slaves if you do your research well enough!

Racism exists between all sorts of cultures. When I lived in Hiroshima people were pretty racist to black people. Even over in the United States I notice racism between black people, asians and hispanics. What's sad though is that I look at my neighbour's kids, black and hispanic, and they play with each other all happy and stuff, and don't care what the colour of anyone's skin. They don't even care that I'm white. They don't even seem to care that they're [whatever], and I just wish that other people's parents would teach their kids to be the same way. I really don't think that people are born racist, they learn it from their parents and being treated negatively from other races - which means that racism won't stop until everyone stops.

Bottom line...

It's racist to assume that because you're [whatever] you're [whatever]. That's racism. Anyone who tries to make exceptions to the rule needs go out and look at the global perspective.

Last edited:
    Years

in the eyes of many
    True stereotype, but in reality that is not the case anyone can be racist. Some people even take it further were they will not accept you if you are not from the same village. There are a lot of stereotypes in the culture we live in cause this is what we are taught( media etc.) and it becomes fact in the mind. If only media pushed bringing people together instead of further dividing them I think it will be for the better, also I am not going to put blame only on media even though it is a big part parents and communities also are partially to blame.

Years
    Gonna play devil's advocate here, but there are some cases where people say that because they're unsure of where other people may lie and may not be aware of whether something is or is not racist. I mean, I think most times that people say that they are being racist, but it's important to consider that this is unlikely to be the case for all cases.

You do realize that most people in these situations are more concerned about the crime rates than necessarily race? I do know there is racism around (I grew up around a pretty racist set of people) and maybe it's different in NYC but most people avoid Detroit and Pontiac because it's very dangerous, not because there's a lot of black people there. There are also a lot of black people in Southfield but many technology and automotive companies have their HQ there and white people aren't afraid of going there for work or even leisure - and that's because most of Southfield is much more safe than those aforementioned areas. As you can read in the Southfield article, most tension exists between income as opposed to race.

Southfield also offers more of a reason to go there - besides aforementioned jobs, there's also a very good university there and oftentimes they hold special events there too. The more dangerous parts of Detroit and Pontiac have very few attractions to invite anyone over there - when you go to Detroit to do something, you are almost certainly going to downtown, and if you're not, you're carrying a knife with you while you do that thing for Craigslist. lol

Fool! It's only racism when white people are involved! (although seriously, most people are attracted to people of their race). I just find dogtree's comment hilarious though, I mean, ****, I'm a white woman mainly attracted to big black guys, does that make me racist because I prefer black people? Probably would say no because it's okay when its black lawl. You really can't judge what people are attracted to at the end of the day. That's almost as stupid as saying things like BDSM is inherently misogynistic (to which I ask, how do you explain female dommes?!)

Seriously though? If you're judging anyone for their race, you're a racist. You don't have to say a special word. You can be racist to any race and any person.

Think it's impossible? I've had people judge me because I'm white. Here's one example - I was in a school hallway, and, being a dope, I forgot my headphones at work. I was about to play Pokemon Showdown, and as I was starting it up I talked to the woman next to me. It turns out she was on a phonecall with a blue tooth device, so I walked over and took another bench, knowing I would make noise and not wanting to interrupt her phone call. She then proceeded to tell her friend about how racist I was and how I felt uncomfortable around dark skinned people.

I'm sorry, I do something considerate for you, you do not ****ing turn that around and turn it into the race card. Please try to tell me that I "deserved" it.

Another instance of racism against white people is when people assume that they were descended from plantation owners who owned slaves. Not only is this the whole "sin of your fathers" argument (you're guilty of things because of who you are as opposed to what you actually did), but it, in many cases, isn't necessarily true (I have ancestral proof going over 400 years proving none of my bloodlines owned black slaves in that time, for example) - and there were even black people who owned slaves if you do your research well enough!

Racism exists between all sorts of cultures. When I lived in Hiroshima people were pretty racist to black people. Even over in the United States I notice racism between black people, asians and hispanics. What's sad though is that I look at my neighbour's kids, black and hispanic, and they play with each other all happy and stuff, and don't care what the colour of anyone's skin. They don't even care that I'm white. They don't even seem to care that they're [whatever], and I just wish that other people's parents would teach their kids to be the same way. I really don't think that people are born racist, they learn it from their parents and being treated negatively from other races - which means that racism won't stop until everyone stops.

Bottom line...

It's racist to assume that because you're [whatever] you're [whatever]. That's racism. Anyone who tries to make exceptions to the rule needs go out and look at the global perspective.
    Totally agree and it is a fact that children are not born racist they are taught this. Another thing I seem to see is that people are not separating between racism and preference. Racism is clear its hatred towards a certain group of people and everything that has to do with them. What people prefer as partner or what they are attracted to is something completely different. Is it not the saying that the heart is blind, you cannot force anyone to be attracted to anyone else. I am sure everyone here is attracted to something different or has certain things they look for in a partner this is natural. The person who asked this question I am sure is attracted to a certain type of people does that make him/her racist?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    True stereotype, but in reality that is not the case anyone can be racist. Some people even take it further were they will not accept you if you are not from the same village. There are a lot of stereotypes in the culture we live in cause this is what we are taught( media etc.) and it becomes fact in the mind. If only media pushed bringing people together instead of further dividing them I think it will be for the better, also I am not going to put blame only on media even though it is a big part parents and communities also are partially to blame.

Thank you I had no idea this is brand new information the more you know

Years
    u have a stupid american mentality. it doesn't make sense to me why people attract to particular race.
    black, white or whatever u r if u born in america, u pretty much the same . u speak English u eat the same food, u watch nfl. if u born in america , u r aemrican

Oh wow, your posts make my head hurt for a bit.
    There isnt one single post I saw you made I would NOT ban lol

Back