• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How close are you to completing the national pokedex?

How close are you to completing the National Pokedex?

• 301 to 400 Pokemon obtained

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I have 254 and that's mostly from using wonder trade. I'm going to try to get the shiny charm but with having an almost 6 month old it will take a very long time.

Warship

異議あり!
    Years
    i guess im somewhere around 280 or such. i completed most of the central kalos and coastal kalos and planning to complete mountain kalos as well. if i ever purchase pokebank i'll try to complete the national pokedex as well since i already did so in white which will make it much easier.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I finished my National Dex a little while ago (I think in March at some point). So far, my shiny charm hasn't done me any good, but I'll keep hoping!

At this point, completing the dex is mainly just tedious, not hard. For the people who said they were finding it hard to stay motivated to finish it, a couple of things that helped me were as follows:
    -Keep asking for Pokémon you don't have on the GTS (in exchange for breeding rejects or something). You'll inch towards your goal without having to do any extra work. I'd recommend doing this for Pokémon you really don't want to deal with obtaining (e.g., for me, trade-with-item evolutions, some legendaries, etc.). That way, when you do decide to sit down and tackle the rest of your Pokedex, it won't be as daunting.
    -Make a list of what Pokémon you still need and group them by category (e.g., breedable Pokémon, catchable Pokémon, etc.). Pick a category and take care of everything from that category (e.g., if you have a bunch of Pokémon that you need to breed, and you have the parents, just make yourself go through a bunch of eggs to get them done).

Now I'm trying to breed 5/6 IV versions of every Pokémon (or at least every evolutionary line). Unlike my National Dex, though, I don't think that one's going to get done anytime soon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I completed the entire dex in January. I had fun raising Pokemon by rebattling the Chateau over and over again. The most difficult Pokemon to obtain were the stone evolutions and Pokebank-exclusive Pokemon. It was more about being lucky than determined.

Elicoor

Elicoor
    Years
    This is the first time I have had the ability to complete the pokedex. I am currently at two hundred something Pokemon. I just have no idea how to go about getting legendary Pokemon since you only get a few in a game, so who would trade them?

Years
    I'm working on mine now. The only game I had going in was Black, so it's a long journey.

I've finished the regional dexes for X+Y, and am now playing through the back catalog. Finished up emerald, and am working on platinum.

Something I've learned from this is that I should definitely not be allowed anywhere near eBay. I ended up buying 2 GBAs, a DS Lite, and a bunch of old games...

Back