• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did u catch the legendary birds (Platinum)

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
Years
  • I can't freaking catch zapdos! What ball and moves (especially) did you use to increase your chance of catching it. I tried to use sleep but it wakes up so quickly! Im stocked up on ultra balls and i still can't catch it. I even try dusk balls, but it doesn't seem to work! So im just asking you what ball did you use to catch the legendary birds?!?!?!

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I Pal Parked them.. =].
    I don't really plan on catching them.
    Oh, and leave them at 1HP, use Hypnosis, and next time you see them = Quick Ball.

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • i gave a shiny starly from a chain and asked here in pc for 3 master balls :D :D.

Blazaking

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I don't really remember... I had my sister catch the first two for me. =w= She caught Zapdos and Moltres with Quick Balls. Zapdos on full Hp too... I caught Articuno in a Dusk Ball.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • I used Quick balls and Ultra Balls. I also had a Noctowl with a Quick Claw, which made them go to sleep. I got them at 1 hp, and sleeping, then threw balls.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I caught Articuno with a Dusk Ball at night, my sister got lucky at Moltres with an Ultra Ball after my infinite failures at the same goal, and I'm having a hard time with Zapdos, have yet to caught it. >_>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Imported three Master Balls from Pearl/3rd gen games. I tried the Mean Look approach, but when I found out the freaking things had ROOST, I wasn't gonna play any more games with them.

KinaWolf24

Unleash the Hounds
    Years
  • Use a Wobbuffet. Its Shadow Tag keeps them from going anywhere. Put it to sleep if you have hypnosis. If not, use a Quick Ball. If that doesn't work, Timer Balls do great after a while. Dusk Balls at night are useful.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    I can't remember exactly, but I believe I Mean Look trapped them, then Baton Passed to another Pokemon with sleep moves. Then just threw Ultra Balls like crazy.

PyroBolt2

G.I.R. Goofy idiot robot
    Years
  • i used mean look then used hypnois and hit it with cross poison and then spammed ultra balls

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    My ver skilled Haunter will Mean Look and quick balls.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • My claydol outsped them and froze 2 of them with Ice Beam. For some reason, frozen pokemon can still flee. Anyways, I used not very effective attacks until they were in red health encountering them over and over and over, and finally caught them with quick balls.

Back