• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you catch Giratina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    I used dusk balls cause it was a low light area and if its in dark places then duskballs have two times the catch rate then an ultra ball.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    on d/p it was difficult even getting through that turnback cave, half exausted battling didnt work out...

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I had a pretty easy time finding Giratina in Turnback Cave, I was watching a video and following the steps and I ended up a complete other place, so I ended up exiting the video. Giratina was da boss of the next room I entered.

It was simple to catch.

Azelf:
    1. Nasty Plot (+2 Sp.Atk)
    2. Extrasensory (Down to around 60 %)
    3. Extrasensory (Down to around 20 %)
    4. Shock Wave (Down to around 5-8 %)

I had to restart due to some unfortunate critical hits and some stupid battling of an uber-not-very-Sp.Defensive-Giratina. :/

But eventually, I had chucked enough Dusk Balls at it and it just didn't want to leave my dear Dusk Ball's cozy warmth. :3

[Ash]I just got myself.. a GIRATINA![/Ash]

Brock: Uhh. Okay?

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
    Years
    I tried to catch using dusk balls, but I got annoyed so I used master ball.

NatureKeeper

In my Diamond on the old savegame, I used Dialga to weaken it by a few Roars of Time, and I dished Dusk Balls. Caught. :)

Years
    Masterball.

*Chunk*

BAM. Big Giratina in a little ball. Awwwwwwwww............

But seriously, I was soft-reseting for a modest nature, and I was NOT going to sit there for 20+ hours only to get a semi-sucky one. No buddy.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    I used a master ball cause I'm too lazy to do anything else. Plus I couldn't really think of anyone else to use it on, except maybe arceus.

omega77

Is that all?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    I just (cheaply) used a master ball on my Platinum. It took me FOREVER to get the one on Diamond.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    After catching every Platinum legendary except Regigigas and Arceus, I'm happy to say I've still got my Master Ball resting safely in my bag.

And I haven't caught it in Diamond yet.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I threw one of my 995 Masterballs at it.
    Yes, I'm a cheater, and I'm proud.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    I fought it for about 20 minutes and I noticed I only had around 30 Pokéballs and that was it, so I used probably 10-15 and then it's HP was finally down to red and it was paralyzed and confused so I finally used my pokeball and caught it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    I paralized it with my rotom, then used foresight, en thn I hyper fanged it 'till 1hp :)
    two dusks did the job

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back