• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you catch Giratina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I used a billion ultra balls, dusk balls, and timer balls. I even had to fight him three times before I could catch him; the first time I ran out of poke balls and the second time he struggled himself to death.

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Giratina was an absolute pain! I was sitting there for, at least an hour, just lobbing Ultra/Dusk balls, each time hearing it's cry as it broke free of the ball. But finally after well over an hour, I eventually caught it in an Ultra Ball and finally Giratina was mine. But thinking about it I could've just used my masterball, would've saved a lot of time.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    It was at night, I caught it with a dusk ball, took it down to nearly 1 digit, and it was like the 5th or 6th duskball.
    I used Bronzong.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Battled it like 8 times and I still didnt catch it even with paralysis and red health (usd like 40 ultra balls). It always struggled itself to death in the end =_=.

Finally gave up and used a Masterball at the end (yes, shame on me =P)

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I tried about 12 times to catch him, as he either KOed himself with Struggle or KOed my party.
    I was just about to use a Master Ball on him when my brother came in. I asked him if he wanted to see what the new Giratina looked like. I battled Giratina a bit to show off his attacks and stuff, and I said, "Wanna see how hard he is to catch?" as I weakened him and paralyzed him before tossing a Dusk Ball. He immediatly broke out. "That's nothing," I said. "Watch this." I threw another. Click. You caught Giratina!
    I was laughing so hard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I tried manny times but as menny others I just used a master ball in the end in platinum. then later on I got 42 maseter balls from my pearl vershon.

NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In platinum

HappyEmoKid

DRAGON POKEMON FTW!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    I used my Gengar to sleep it and bring it to roughly 1hp. it still broke out? if its sleeping how does it know its being caught? must be one of the mysteries of life >.<

(Finally caught it with a Great ball my 3rd last pokeball >.<)

darthjp

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    i battled it like 5 times, sleeping it with my roselia and bringing down it's hp to the minimum, finally after tossing a bunch of balls i threw a timer ball and it caught it....it was even harder to catch giratina than dialga and palkia which are higher leveled.

Toeto

I HEART WOBBUFFET. <3
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    Giratina was actually pretty easy for me to catch, I only had to use like five Ultraballs. = w=
    I was so excited when I caught it though, I named it Tina. xDD

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I had it down to a slither of health and it used Struggle :(

So I restarted and had to use my masterball after several unsuccessful attempts. Paralysis and low HP did nothing, I just got bored.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I used the master ball, I figured I wasn't going to use the master ball for anything else so I just decided to toss it out there, all the other legendaries I was able to catch with an ultra ball eventually.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I was to irritated to use anymore duskballs and ultraballs so I used my masterball. I regret it now.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Yeah, please don't revive threads after a month, remake them if you want to keep the topic alive.

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back